Kneeboard Builder (windows app)

AlaskanGrizzly

Heya,

So I'm getting the crash at load up mentioned back a few pages prior to the update... Ran it from a couple different folder locations, checked that the right paths were in the .execonfig file, ran as administrator and not...

Thoughts? Can't live without this. :)

Thanks,

Sage

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group One | Discord

Can someone give me step by step instructions on how to move the default kneeboard for all aircraft to one location on screen please, I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it and to have it actually work.

Would much appreciate it, thanks

Hi all !

Just for information

is there any update planified to use with 2.5 version ?

thanks

System specs: Win10 x64 | i7-9700KF / i9-12900KF | 48/64 GB | GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB / RTX 3090TI 24GB | *NvME PRO 2To | HOTAS Warthog/Virpil | MFG Crosswind Pedals | Button Box

Can someone give me step by step instructions on how to move the default kneeboard for all aircraft to one location on screen please, I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it and to have it actually work.

Would much appreciate it, thanks

Click on Options/Kneeboard Settings on the main window.

The window opens.

Select:

Aircraft: All

Profile: Create one profile. (I'm not sure if creating more than one works?)

Drag the Kneeboard where you want it.

Resize it.

Make sure it all fits on the screen.

Click the Save button next to 'Profile' at the top.

Close the window.

In your Sytray icon click on

Profiles/All

and Click on the profile that you made.

a game update may erase your Profile(kneeboard location and size). Just to that again to put it back.

Hi all !

Just for information

is there any update planified to use with 2.5 version ?

thanks

It works in 2.5 for me.

Edited by Snacko

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Kneeboard Builder (windows app)

Anyone else have trouble getting the Kneeboard position to change? I can't get the damn Kneeboard to move to the left edge (instead of the right) for the life of me. I've tried everything, saved and reloaded and tried again...nothing, though I'm sure I'm just missing something easy? Any tips would be appreciated, thx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Do you mean in the editor or in the game?

And you went to the systray icon and selected the profile?

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

Having difficulty with resizing and moving the kneeboard. I can load in my custom kneeboard without issue but however I edit the utility I cannot change the position or size of the default board. Any ideas?

- 'The Dog's Rollocks' - [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] is a water cooled behemoth :

i9 9900K@5GHz/RTX 2080Ti/32 Gb 3600MHz RAM/M.2 NVMe onboard drives/System driving Pimax 5K Plus/TM Warthog/MFG Crosswind/Gametrix Jetseat

Click on Options/Kneeboard Settings on the main window.

The window opens.

Select:

Aircraft: All

Profile: Create one profile. (I'm not sure if creating more than one works?)

Drag the Kneeboard where you want it.

Resize it.

Make sure it all fits on the screen.

Click the Save button next to 'Profile' at the top.

Close the window.

In your Sytray icon click on

Profiles/All

and Click on the profile that you made.

a game update may erase your Profile(kneeboard location and size). Just to that again to put it back.

It works in 2.5 for me.

Dude, you're a legend, THANKS! :thumbup:

Do you mean in the editor or in the game?

And you went to the systray icon and selected the profile?

Having difficulty with resizing and moving the kneeboard. I can load in my custom kneeboard without issue but however I edit the utility I cannot change the position or size of the default board. Any ideas?

I think the Systray step must be where I am going wrong. Will give this a shot tonight, thank you sir! :thumbup: o7

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Yes, the systray was where I was going wrong. I had exited from the program, not thinking that it had to be running for its effect to be felt. Thought that the program itself was writing to a config file. Once I have it running then it works as required. Many thanks for that heads up.

- 'The Dog's Rollocks' - [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] is a water cooled behemoth :

i9 9900K@5GHz/RTX 2080Ti/32 Gb 3600MHz RAM/M.2 NVMe onboard drives/System driving Pimax 5K Plus/TM Warthog/MFG Crosswind/Gametrix Jetseat

I was wondering if the app had to be running for this to work also. I think I once had it work when the app was not running. Once it's setup I don't think you need the app. But I am not sure.

I have the app setup to run at boot with Windows Task manager.

I figure out that I have to set in preferences to openbeta and with the correct path to the install folder. Then I'm able to make a profile to move my KB in a position that I want on my screen. When I go in the cockpit nothing is change. Because I run with a 1 monitor for the cockpit and 2 small screens for MFD's or radars etc my kB is split in the 2 monitors. Have no idea what I have to idea to solved this problem. Someone any idea?

I don't want to have all the default airfield-pages in my kneeboard for for "Default Kneeboard" -> "Caucasus" I remove "Deafult" from the the "Groups Selected..." (it goes into "Available Group"), and then I click "Build Caucasus. Default Kneeboard". This works fine when I fly with DCS the pages I want gone (Default) are gone from me kneeboard - all is well.

Next day I come back and want to fly with DCS, and magically the default pages have reappeared. So in short every time I want to start DCS (without the default Caucasus pages). I have go run Keeboard Builder an remove "Default" from the selected groups for Caucasus.

Anyone know how to "fix this", so I don't have to remove them over and over (I don't want to completely delete the "Default" group, I just want it deactivated).

Pelle Liljendal

(MooseMan)

I don't know how to fix it. But did you do a game update? I would think that everytime the game updates it replaces missing files?

No updates. It seams to be every time I have started DCS World. If I have closed down DCS, I have to go into Kneeboard Manager and again remove "Default" from Caucasus, otherwise I again have all the airport sheets active again

Pelle Liljendal

(MooseMan)

Broken.

Worked perfectly prior to DCS World 2.5 but Completely Useless in new DCS World. Immediately crashes every time I open it.

Attempted fixes...

Have installed in a separate drive and directory from my Programs directory.

Have set to Run As An Administrator

Have verified that the program is pointing correctly to my DCS installation folder and saved games folder.

Have tried selecting both Standard and Open Beta in preferences.

Have deleted the 'KneeboardBuilder.exe.config' files and tried starting it again ( there is no 'settings.xml')

Have installed the latest version ( 1.7.0.1 ) 5 times so far..

HAVE NOT tried Deleting the Caucasus base map from /mods/ ( as suggested on Reddit)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<configuration>

<appSettings>

<add key="DpiSetting" value="150" />

<add key="DCSpath" value="E:\Games\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta" />

<add key="SavedGamesPath" value="C:\Users\acer\Saved Games" />

<add key="PriorVersion" value="False" />

<add key="PriorComponents" value="False" />

<add key="AllowUpdate" value="True" />

<add key="Notifications" value="True" />

<add key="DCSVersion" value="OpenBeta" />

<add key="KeepClear" value="False" />

<add key="Mig21KeepClear" value="False" />

<add key="Mig21DefaultKneeboard" value="False" />

<add key="LiteMode" value="False" />

<add key="DCSexeVersion" value="2.5.0.14304" />

</appSettings>

</configuration>

Deleted - Problem solved

Edited by Boosterdog

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

I wanted to try and use one Profile for All my aircraft today and so I right-clicked on the KBB icon in the SysTray and selected Profile-->All-->My Profile and received this error message:

Value cannot be null.

Parameter name: path

I checked and edited that profile and tested it several times in my Stock game and the Alpha with the same results.

Both copies of KBB throw that error and then crash ever time. Attached is my Event Log for this error. Thanks. ;-)

I'm updated to the latest version and keep getting this error...anyone know of a solution?

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

Grizzly fixed this after I posted that. Maybe you don't have the latest version? Or maybe his download is wrong?

Hi

First up THANK YOU for this app. Its going to really help me learn.Having come over from CloD all this modding and apps and what have you is very new ground to me.

I installed the CKB yesterday and, being a noob it took me a little longer than it perhaps should have. So here are some really obvious noob tips that may help someone else...

1) when setting up the app be sure to pick the correct game version in the drop down above the path box for the Saved Games folder (top of the preferences page).

2) The kneeboard options wont appear didn't show up for me until after id shut the app and reopened it after the initial set up.

3) There is a tick box in preferences for "keep kneeboard clear of default" it does what it says.

Anyhow, 3 very obvious things I know but with al the talk of registry edits and old files to delete I spent a good hour or so running up wrong paths.

Of course I could have just hit help and RTFM but who does that? :-) speaking of which, the manual is one of the best in app guides Ive ever seen.

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.