RS Mapper Release

Avantar

Update on post #250

So I dropped back to version .50 and had no issues. I don't know if my problem was version .51, but will keep using version .50 until I can figure it out or version .52 is released.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

i had to reinstall every thing ...need RS Mapper 5.0 please. I can't find it anywhere on the net.

Thanks

Gayle

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1GNKG0QELLCl1dTrGtcbSyW5wf2GKk1Ly

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52

Update on post #250

So I dropped back to version .50 and had no issues. I don't know if my problem was version .51, but will keep using version .50 until I can figure it out or version .52 is released.

hi Sobe,

can you tell me what exactly is the problem? You mention continous key on .51 - does it always happen for you or just with some combination of actions?

Avantar

My rig: MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI; HyperX Fury RGB 64GB (4x16GB) 3200MHz DDR4 CL16; Intel Core i9-10900KA; Zotac RTX 3090; HOTAS Warthog; HOTAS Cougar; MFD Cougar; Track IR 5; Saitek Pro Flight rudder Pedals

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Avantar

Just want to say thank you for your continued support and work on your Software...It´s been a total Game Changer to me and I can't imagine to fly DCS without it anymore.

THANKS

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Response to post #254

The constant flipping of letters, numbers, etc occurred when I wanted a letter to be continuous so when I checked continuous, the listing of letters, etc just kept going on.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

@Avantar -

Firstly, I hope you're doing very well Sir! As you can tell I'm still very much so enjoying RSMapper. Keep up the great work Bud!

Bug - When creating a sequence to test with, I was unable to delete it using .51. Application error occured.

" at RSMapper.SequenceDialog.buttonDeleteSequence_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)"

Also, for the past few weeks at complete random as I can't find any commonality to the occurences, my profile will become corrupted and unable to be opened and I have to start it all over again. Unfortunately, I don't have the log (troubleshooting fail... I know :) ). Just wondering if you have run into this at all? I'll post a log the next time it happens. I have even made a backup of the mapping so when it happens I just copy the back up over and it still fails.

Could the device ID's be changing? If so is there a way to resolve this when it happens that you can think of?

Suggestion - With sequences, I ran into a neat idea last night programming the Huey... Can you add the ability to switch profiles in the sequence command options. So just like I've done in the last video I posted above, It would be cool to have one button switch profiles to the CoPilot configuration while also arming and bringing down the gunsight. Just a thought :) No idea what that would take to accomplish, so if it's too much of a pain in the backside then disregard lol.

Take care!

- OverKill

Edited by Pac-Man

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.Vcw13.com

Asus Z270 Prime-A | i7-7700k | 32G Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 | EVGA RTX 2080ti | 2x 960 EVO M.2 in RAID 0 | 500GB SSD | Thrustmaster Warthog | Pimax 5K Plus

https://www.youtube.com/c/OverKillSims

• 2 weeks later...

Communication sequences?

Working on a communication sequences through RSMapper. I have the sequence I desired now... How do I map it to a Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick button when the game does not have one since the comms menus are done on screen via mouse? Is this possible? I have profiled my HOTAS and trying to fill up buttons for actions.

Thank you,

Gayle

• 2 weeks later...

guys, sorry for a bit of slow responses this month - I've been on sick leave a bit and later needed to catch up with work so didn't have much time for RS mapper problems / tweaks ect. I am starting my holiday on Monday and I hope to find some time during next 2 weeks to review what bug fixes and changes need to be done

Avantar

My rig: MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI; HyperX Fury RGB 64GB (4x16GB) 3200MHz DDR4 CL16; Intel Core i9-10900KA; Zotac RTX 3090; HOTAS Warthog; HOTAS Cougar; MFD Cougar; Track IR 5; Saitek Pro Flight rudder Pedals

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

guys, sorry for a bit of slow responses this month - I've been on sick leave a bit and later needed to catch up with work so didn't have much time for RS mapper problems / tweaks ect. I am starting my holiday on Monday and I hope to find some time during next 2 weeks to review what bug fixes and changes need to be done

Sorry to hear that Bud! I hope you are feeling better!! Take your time as we're all grateful for your efforts!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z270 Prime-A | i7-7700k | 32G Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 | EVGA RTX 2080ti | 2x 960 EVO M.2 in RAID 0 | 500GB SSD | Thrustmaster Warthog | Pimax 5K Plus

First of all thanks for your efforts in developing this program, it sure appears to have a ton of promise but it needs more work in areas where for example, when creating sequences, if I go to edit an action, afterwards it may appear in the list out of order (at the end), this can't be right or am I missing something? I've also noticed what I think may be a bug in that at times when I enter 2 identical actions e.g. at times to turn a rotary, one appears at the end of the list and the other is somewhere up the list in a random spot for whatever reason. Second, how if possible can we simulate the turning of rotaries within sequences? This is done easily with a single key press with a repeat of X times but why is this missing within sequence building? I find the options in entering actions for a sequence too basic compared to entering a single key-press so I`d love to see this addressed at some point.

Update: I've since rectified most of my issues, still discovering how great the possibilities are with this, simply superb!

Edited by GK61

First of all thanks for your efforts in developing this program, it sure appears to have a lot of promise but it needs more work in areas where for example, when creating sequences, if I go to edit an action, afterwards it may appear in the list out of order (at the end), this can't be right or am I missing something? I've also noticed what I think may be a bug in that at times when I enter 2 identical actions e.g. at times to turn a rotary, one appears at the end of the list and the other is somewhere up the list in a random spot for whatever reason. Second, how if possible can we simulate the turning of rotaries within sequences? This is done easily with a single key press with a repeat of X times but why is this missing within sequence building? I find the options in entering actions for a sequence too basic compared to entering a single key-press so I`d love to see this addressed at some point.

Update, regarding entering actions in a sequence, when entering actions with differing start delay times for example, the entries end up out of order, this is simply unusable at this point and needs attention.

Hey Bud! Can you provide a specific example of what you're:

Trying to do with the sequence

How you have it set up

What the results are

I only ask because I have sequences for setting the different autopilot modes in the Hornet, tank jettison, speed brake... etc and they all of have start delays and work fine.

Remember that the delay is time from the initiation of the sequence... not since the last button.

Here to help if you need.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Avantar,

Firstly, thank you for your efforts in developing this utility. I'm very new to DCS but this seems like the perfect solution to easiliy utilise all of the Warthog HOTAS functions.

I do have one query, and apologies if this has already been addressed in earlier responses. I'd like to assign a button to quickly switch to another profile, and in that profile I'd like all of the assignments to be exactly the same as the one I'm switching from, except for one or two new ones. So, the easiest way to achieve that would be to start with a copy of the first profile and just change those few assignments. Is there a way to perform such a profile copy ? I can't find a way from within the app.

RYZEN 5900X | 32GB | ASUS Strix RTX3090 | 500GB NVMe OS 1000GB NVMe DCS | Warthog HOTAS | HP Reverb G2 | VA & ViacomPRO

My DCS Apps:    Radio KAOS for DCS      KB Quick - Quick and Easy Kneeboards

Hi Avantar,

Firstly, thank you for your efforts in developing this utility. I'm very new to DCS but this seems like the perfect solution to easiliy utilise all of the Warthog HOTAS functions.

I do have one query, and apologies if this has already been addressed in earlier responses. I'd like to assign a button to quickly switch to another profile, and in that profile I'd like all of the assignments to be exactly the same as the one I'm switching from, except for one or two new ones. So, the easiest way to achieve that would be to start with a copy of the first profile and just change those few assignments. Is there a way to perform such a profile copy ? I can't find a way from within the app.

...Scratch that question, I've worked it out.

To get an exact copy of an aircraft profile within an RS Mapper file simply..

1. Save the original RS Mapper file with a different name (Save as..)

2. Open RS Mapper in the original file again

3. Use "Import.." to import the copy of the file you just saved

4. RS Mapper will inform you that there is already a profile with the name of the one you're importing, and it will ask you to rename the new one.

5. So if the original profile is named, for example, DCS F-15C, name the new one DCS F-15D MOD.

6. You may need to rename and then delete any additional profiles that will be imported from the original that are not required.

7 Now you have two identical profiles so you can add modifications to one of them and switch between them.

RYZEN 5900X | 32GB | ASUS Strix RTX3090 | 500GB NVMe OS 1000GB NVMe DCS | Warthog HOTAS | HP Reverb G2 | VA & ViacomPRO

...Scratch that question, I've worked it out.

To get an exact copy of an aircraft profile within an RS Mapper file simply..

1. Save the original RS Mapper file with a different name (Save as..)

2. Open RS Mapper in the original file again

3. Use "Import.." to import the copy of the file you just saved

4. RS Mapper will inform you that there is already a profile with the name of the one you're importing, and it will ask you to rename the new one.

5. So if the original profile is named, for example, DCS F-15C, name the new one DCS F-15D MOD.

6. You may need to rename and then delete any additional profiles that will be imported from the original that are not required.

7 Now you have two identical profiles so you can add modifications to one of them and switch between them.

Awesome find!!! I was curious about that just this afternoon!!! Great Job!!

@Avantar - You've really made an awesome utility here Sir!! Keep it up!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Avantar -

Firstly, I hope you're doing very well Sir! As you can tell I'm still very much so enjoying RSMapper. Keep up the great work Bud!

Bug - When creating a sequence to test with, I was unable to delete it using .51. Application error occured.

" at RSMapper.SequenceDialog.buttonDeleteSequence_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)"

Also, for the past few weeks at complete random as I can't find any commonality to the occurences, my profile will become corrupted and unable to be opened and I have to start it all over again. Unfortunately, I don't have the log (troubleshooting fail... I know :) ). Just wondering if you have run into this at all? I'll post a log the next time it happens. I have even made a backup of the mapping so when it happens I just copy the back up over and it still fails.

Could the device ID's be changing? If so is there a way to resolve this when it happens that you can think of?

Suggestion - With sequences, I ran into a neat idea last night programming the Huey... Can you add the ability to switch profiles in the sequence command options. So just like I've done in the last video I posted above, It would be cool to have one button switch profiles to the CoPilot configuration while also arming and bringing down the gunsight. Just a thought :) No idea what that would take to accomplish, so if it's too much of a pain in the backside then disregard lol.

Take care!

- OverKill

Couldn't you Arm and flip the gunsight with a sequence in Single Press and switch to your CoPilot profile with the On Release ?