New BF109K4 Cockpit Mod

Bex

There's smth wrong with your mod and OvGME. I had to copy the files manually in ..Mods\aircraft\Bf-109K-4\Liveries\Cockpit_Bf-109K-4\default\. Please check.. Thanks.

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

There's smth wrong with your mod and OvGME. I had to copy the files manually in ..Mods\aircraft\Bf-109K-4\Liveries\Cockpit_Bf-109K-4\default\. Please check.. Thanks.

Hi Amazingme,

had checked the normal and the combi mod few minutes ago. Both seems to be ok.

1. I downloaded both from the lockonfiles source.

2. extracted them

3. copied both folder into my ovgme folder for dcs 2.x

4. selected them with each test from option/special ui bf109k4

5. quickstart nevada freeflight.

nothing special, it works normal.

greetings pato

Hi Amazingme,

had checked the normal and the combi mod few minutes ago. Both seems to be ok.

1. I downloaded both from the lockonfiles source.

2. extracted them

3. copied both folder into my ovgme folder for dcs 2.x

4. selected them with each test from option/special ui bf109k4

5. quickstart nevada freeflight.

nothing special, it works normal.

greetings pato

The zip file is not recognized by OvGME when trying to import it. I noticed that when unzipping the file it creates another directory under the mod dir. It's not a show stopper, just FYI.

Thanks a lot for the mods though. Very good job!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

The zip file is not recognized by OvGME when trying to import it. I noticed that when unzipping the file it creates another directory under the mod dir. It's not a show stopper, just FYI.

Thanks a lot for the mods though. Very good job!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

thank you for the hint, i never planned to use it in mod manager as a zipped file. ;)

Just to simple extract it to get the finished folder structure for copy and paste.

So it isn´t to complicated, so i will not change it. I´m pleased that you like the mod.

Always check your six. Hals und Beinbruch:)

Edited by Ovis

• 1 month later...

Pato on the 5th of this month has released the updated version of this mods for 2.5, thanks really to the developer, as always a beautiful job and I would not know how to fly without his cockpit...:smilewink:

For download in the usual site ....

:thumbup:

Thank you:)...meanwhile i tried the L-39. And what should i say...the cockpit its to clean. So i build my own "little dirty" small version.:smilewink:

Great! I like your work very much!

Maybe you can also look at my thread about the L-39 cockpit in DCS2.5.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=202730

I included some screenshots there and to me it appears much too bright and there is hardly any discernable texture detail. If you find a way to bring back the textured instrument panel and such things, you are my hero!!

No one forces you to use a mod if you don't like it. But trying to ridicule the creator like that is making you look like some pretentious asshole.

hi,

i agree with you!:thumbup:

i like his mod very much because the dcs cockpit looks for me more like fantasy.

and when i investigate a little bit i found no coloured pictures with a blue-gray cockpit panel.

blue?...blueeee?!? what? in a german cockpit? also with wooden textures painted like a painter apprentice or dark grey instruments.

come on...are they kidding me? :lol:

pato wrote in his threat something about the albedo contrast.

i tested it and yep he´s right, you can manipulate the textures contrast.

you can find the "cockpit_l-39c.edm.json" file here:

...\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\L-39C\Shapes.

open it with a notepad editor you´ll find something like that.

"L39-CPT-PANEL-02": {

"reflMult": 0.95800000429153442383,

"reflAdd": 0.0,

"specMult": -0.5,

"specAdd": 0.88800001144409179688,

"specSelect": 0,

"albedoLevel": 0.050000000745058059692,

"albedoContrast": 0.9 <- it´s a little experiment to find out what kind of value reduce the brightness.

},

Edited by Einauge

Do I understand that by decreasing albedocontrast, I could tune down the glare?

And as to the "blue" cockpit, Bf109 cockpit appears dark grey and on some monitors that could be mixed up with blue.

http://www.jagdgeschwader4.de/images/flugwerft/bf109/bf109-g-14-winkel-2-usedom/gross//0025_Zirchow_Usedom_Messerschmitt_Bf_109_G-14_WNr_462707_Cockpit_Geraetebrett_Holzbauweise.jpg

Great! I like your work very much!

Maybe you can also look at my thread about the L-39 cockpit in DCS2.5.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=202730

I included some screenshots there and to me it appears much too bright and there is hardly any discernable texture detail. If you find a way to bring back the textured instrument panel and such things, you are my hero!!

Don´t worry. It's no skin off my nose. After five beer everything becomes degraded for some people.:doh::D

Not sure that´s my thought is an answer for the problem.

I´ll write it to your thread. I hope it helps.:smilewink:

Edited by Ovis

@Pato I have finally been able to try the latest Bf109 and Albatros cockpits.

First of all, the 109 is amazing! It's important to enable the cockpit in the "Special" Tab - otherwise the default cockpit remains active - maybe that's why some people cannot stop nagging? They never saw any difference because the mod is not enabled?!

The L-39 is an improvement but only a slight one. If you watch this great video

you should see that the light grey is actually much darker which I also find more pleasing. Maybe you have time and motivation to work in this direction.

I highly appreciate your work!

It's important to enable the cockpit in the "Special" Tab - otherwise the default cockpit remains active

thanks for reminding me! I was wondering why the cockpit mod for 2.5 didn't seem to work as well as it did under 1.5.8... Oh Mann! I had simply forgotten...

And thanks again to Pato, I use it for the Bf-109 and the FW-190 and it's really great!

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

^ Tell me about it. Did the very same thing on Friday, starting from...

"did I install it in OvGME correctly, because it looks very similar?",

... through...

"Oh, the panel is made of wood now" (I don't fly German planes often, so I forgot that it always was :D)

... followed by...

"oh, the changes in these instruments must be VERY subtle, 'cause I don't see them"

... eventually ended yesterday with

"I'm a f...kin' idiot".

Same with Pato's Fw-190 mod. But it's all good now :). These are the first mods with "special options" activation I use, so I just wasn't familiar with this method.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• 1 year later...

Hello everybody,

because of my flight training to obtain the flight license, I have even less time for flight simulators. Therefore, I offer everyone to continue to develop my mods or edit, the desire to do so. You can find them at lockonfiles dot com. Have fun, it has given me a lot of pleasure that you have found favor with the mods.:thumbup:

Hi Pato, I would love to take over; but unfortunately I do not have the knowledge. When I recently looked at the files for the FW-190A8 hoping to reduce the opacity of the gun sight, I couldn't even find the file that needs to be modified.

Anyway, many thanks for the work you have done on the subject. You made flying these planes a better experience. And good luck with your pilot's licence!

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 2 years later...