MiG-29 Over the Hump campaign as of June 2020

apollon01

Hello,

I have a question about the default Over the Hump campaign for the MiG-29.

As of now (June 2020), does the default campaign contain all the fixes introduced by MadDog-IC as explained here?

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3302270/

What confuses me is the fact that the default campaign folder contains also the Mig-29 Over the Hump Fixes (v2.5x).txt file which details all the changes by MadDog-IC but the miz files are newer and are of different sizes than those included in the MadDog-IC download (so apparently the default and MadDog-IC miz files are not the same).

So my question boils down into - should I use the MadDog-IC download (link above) or am I just fine with the default version as of June 2020?

Thanks!

Milan

PS: Similar question goes to the F-15C Bear Trap campaign.

Edited by apollon01

Hello,

I have a question about the default Over the Hump campaign for the MiG-29.

So my question boils down into - should I use the MadDog-IC download (link above) or am I just fine with the default version as of June 2020?

PS: Similar question goes to the F-15C Bear Trap campaign.

Nearly all of the corrected FC3 missions done by me were in DCS at some point due to me being commissioned to do so, but they have been largely replaced by other versions now, some done by another chap (F-15 Bear Trap and others I may not know about) and others most likely are the original broken ones that have had Multiple languages added (I can only assume that, but I have seen it in the past).

It is quite hard to compare the mission files, even for me as just re-saving a mission under a new DCS version will change its filesize and of course the date of creation. Another thing that will increase the filesize is the addition of additional multiple languages which have been added since the corrections (Something only ED can do, not me).

I have some trace signatures in the missions that I have corrected so I can tell if it is based on my work:

• Looking into the "xxxxxxx.miz" files of each mission with the ME and checking for markers, dead give away is that all triggers will be in order that they happen in the mission.
  • Nearly all sound files will be in .ogg format and not .Wav files.
  • Sound files will be highly compressed and very small with names that show their order in mission and give a hint to what they may say. They will also be robotic voice overs, unless originally recorded by ED.

Answer to your questions in general is that the FC3 campaign missions in DCS as they stand now are generally not any of my work at all.

Personally I can't comment on the ED versions as to their working states.

I do stand by my corrected missions as they were checked at the time to func tion in every way with mission logic, scoring, campaign progression, etc (Barring any new introduced problems with subsequent DCS patches).

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Thank you both for comments. I appreciate it :thumbup:

...the FC3 campaign missions in DCS as they stand now are generally not any of my work at all

In the end I decided to go with your versions and if I run into problems (missions broken by DCS patches) I will swap that particular mission with the default one.

Wish me luck :pilotfly:

Milan