does Huey UN campaign actually work in 2.5?

Hello all,

Want to try the default UN huey campaign in 2.5 but when I try this there is no possibility to choose A specific chapter of the campaign. It seems like I can start the campaign but only from the beginning. It says: mission inactive. In version 1.5.8 I could choose each seperate UN campaign part 1 - 10( I believe there are 10.....)

I bought the Argo campaign but wanted to try the UN missions first because they are some what easier.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!!

Jozeff

• ED Team
Hello all,

Want to try the default UN huey campaign in 2.5 but when I try this there is no possibility to choose A specific chapter of the campaign. It seems like I can start the campaign but only from the beginning. It says: mission inactive. In version 1.5.8 I could choose each seperate UN campaign part 1 - 10( I believe there are 10.....)

I bought the Argo campaign but wanted to try the UN missions first because they are some what easier.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!!

Jozeff

Some of the missions need a tweak, and the team are working on it.

If you want to fly individual missions open them with the mission editor, it will allow you to navigate to the campaign

DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\Uh-1H\Missions\Campaigns

hope that helps

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

it is definetly not working properly.

i tried to play some of them until mission 9

* in some missions you need to maintain formation with the leader who rides huey at 100 kts. it is very hard to get this speed with egt limits.

* leader suddenly comes to hover position or gets very slow time to time. this is very absurd, and you have to overshoot the leader and then he suddenly accelerates and you can't get 100 knot at that fast, so you may face mission failure if you loose formation

* In a mission, you need to get a wounded soldier and he dies, it doesn't matter how fast you were

* In a mission, you need to land next to troops and they are in the forest, but trees kill your helicopter. besides, there are enemy soldiers shooting at you and don't let you land other places. they can't be killed by guns.

so i gave up playing this campaign.

ps: i played this when it was first released many years ago and i had finished all of them.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I have been playing it and I have been having success, I think I'm around the 11th or 12th mission. It is tricky with the formation flying as the lead AI is a bit absurd, abrupt elevation and direction changes, but I don't think any of that is specific to 2.5, and the EGT limits can also make it challenging, but I haven't failed a mission yet because of it.

But I had started it before and jumped back in around the 7-8th mission, so can't speak for the early ones.

• 1 year later...

After buying the Huey in the latest sale, I am finding the missions in the UN Pilot campaign extremely frustrating. I have had to edit a mission to make the AI Hinds fly less erratically (and more like they seemed to fly in early videos when the module was first released). The “Race Against Time’ mission is seemingly impossible as either the injured pilot dies or my engine blows up trying to fly as fast as I need to. Even if it is possible, the margin of error is too small. I also think that the missions are individually too long, but this is a matter of taste.

I wonder whether the developers of the module regularly re-test the built in campaign as DCS is updated? It makes me reticent to buy the DLC campaigns just in case they are also ‘broken’ as these can’t be edited to fix bugs.

Processor : Intel Core i7 7800X (3.8 - 4.2 GHz) . Motherboard : ASUS TUF X299 . Memory : 16Gb DDR4 1333 . Graphics : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super (+100 CC +700 MC) . Install : DCS on 500Gb SSD . Screen : 3440 x 1440 display with GSYNC . Control : TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro Pedals, Naturalpoint Track-IR . Software : VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro, DCS BIOS

I managed to play through it recently, but it was very buggy at times. The AI flies too low, so he's constantly going up and down, and changing speed all the time. I think it did improve my flying skills trying to keep up with him, lol. I also had one mission where two of my wingmen died. At one point, the flight leader told us to meet up somewhere and orbit until we're all in formation. So I F2 to see where the wingmen are, and they've respawned at home base and are heading back to us. An absurd amount of time later, they join us and we move on.

The only mission I had to skip was one where you have to maintain a hover over some trees while the best marksman in the universe is one-shotting your engine with an automatic rifle from a few miles away. After three tries of that, I gave up.

There are a handful of really great moments in the campaign, and the writing and characters are pretty decent, so it was worth playing.

i7 6700k @ 4.6, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, 32GB DDR4 2666, GTX 1070, Rift S | MS Sidewinder FFB2 w/ TM F-22 Pro Grip, TM TWCS Throttle, VKB T-Rudder Mk. IV

The “Race Against Time’ mission is seemingly impossible as either the injured pilot dies or my engine blows up trying to fly as fast as I need to.

I don't remember having an issue with this when I played it recently. You should be able to travel at about 120-130 knots while keeping EGT in the green to keep your engine safe. I dunno if you're new to helis, but a mistake I made early on was using too much collective to gain speed. Make sure you pitch your cyclic way forward and trim it there to get the max speed you can at a given collective setting. Too much collective = high EGT.

i7 6700k @ 4.6, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, 32GB DDR4 2666, GTX 1070, Rift S | MS Sidewinder FFB2 w/ TM F-22 Pro Grip, TM TWCS Throttle, VKB T-Rudder Mk. IV

• 3 months later...

Hi All

I've completed all the campaigns starting with un-pilot (easy), Argo (hard) and now just started worlds apart- spring2025 campaign (frustrating ), explain soon.

Yes in many of the UN missions you will find some of the AI aircraft fly erratically just be ready to hover above them. In race for time no probs there either flue at 100knts made it in time. Mission 9 think it was wiskey tango, was the hardest, trim for hover is the key, took some learning.

In Argo I found the sling loads hard as there is no training for them. Ended making a simple pickup and drop mission in editor for practice. There are also many overloaded scenarios some overcome by govenor switch, others by sliding takeoff. Really Enjoyed argo.

Now Worlds apart- spring2025 campaign seems to have a glich, mission 1 told to start-up and idle while waiting for wolf 1, 15min waiting and still waiting. Wolf 1 ???? never comes.

Good luck with your campaigns, enjoy.

PS. Looking for wingman.

MSI Z370 Gaming pro carbon/ I7 8700K/ 32GB DDR4/ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X graphics card/ Windows 10/ Vive VR/ Rhino X-55 joystick & throttle/ logitec flight pedals

Update

Worlds apart- spring2025 campaign no glich. Radios needs to be manually set, thought F10 in radio options did it. Interesting mission

MSI Z370 Gaming pro carbon/ I7 8700K/ 32GB DDR4/ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X graphics card/ Windows 10/ Vive VR/ Rhino X-55 joystick & throttle/ logitec flight pedals

• 1 month later...
* leader suddenly comes to hover position or gets very slow time to time. this is very absurd,

This is happening to me on Mission 3, they were supposed to be fast, but less than 200kph, but they are between 30 and 60 knots, really boring the mission like that :(

Anyone knows if the Argo campaign works well ?

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

En 25/3/2021 a las 9:52, Eisprinzessin dijo:

Dont know where else to ask, so here: How is the actal state of the campaign? Is it playable?

I dont wanna spend a couple of hours for something what i can not bring to an end....

I'm stuck on mission 14 the rest is perfectly playable. I'm about to give up the number of bugs is overwhelming to be fixed by a player.

**managed to fix it**

Edited by gabrielete