Spitfire livery location

I use this one:

C:\Users\<your user>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Liveries\SpitfireLFMkIX

If you dont use openbeta, then substitute it with \DCS\

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

So it didn't work for me out of that location, lol mine worked out of this one:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\CoreMods\WWII Units\SpitfireLFMkIX\Liveries\SpitfireLFMkIX\Fargo express

It's so funny to me how the skins for each airframe are out in different locations on my end, and then in totally different locations for others. Hilarious!

Anyways, thanks for trying to help Rudel, much appreciated.

~Rob

I thought this got officially added to DCSW, but I guess I was mistaken... not the first time, not the last :huh:

To get the liveries under Saved Games to work

1. Create folder 'c:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS.Liveries'

2. Create the same folder names found under 'c:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Bazar\Liveries\' for a/c skins you want to use; eg. 'Bf-109K-4', 'FW-190D9', 'P-51D', etc.

3. Put your skin folders into the appropriate '..\DCS.Liveries\aircraft' folders.

4. Add the following lua file to: 'c:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\aircraft\Liveries Import\Entry.lua'

Entry.lua:

declare_plugin("Liveries Import",
{
installed 	 = true, 
dirName	  	 = current_mod_path,
version		 = "0.0.01 Alpha",		 
state		 = "installed",
info		 = _("Custom Liveries"),
})
---------------------------------------------------------
mount_vfs_liveries_path ("c:/Users/username/Saved Games/DCS.Liveries/")

---------------------------------------------------------
plugin_done()

That's it!

This will make all the skins in DCS.Liveries available to all DCS World installations you have, as long as it has the 'Entry.lua' file in place for the installation as per step 4.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

I thought this got officially added to DCSW, but I guess I was mistaken... not the first time, not the last :huh:

Back on DCS 1.2, I did use the Mod that you mention, first suggested by Skatezilla:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=174462

... but after ED added the functionality for Liveries on the Saved Games filetree I erased the Mod and now just use the path, that was first suggested by Uboats on this thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=190778

It has worked for me just fine, with liveries (and alternate cockpits) for all these aircrafts:

SFKeAnA.jpg

:)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Yup, I learned the trick from Skatezilla and have been using it since then.

And since I used to have 1.2, Open Beta, and Open Alpha installed, I saved myself a little space sharing the skins as per my last post above.

I still like Skatezilla's solution best, but YMMV ;)

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Where to add custom Spit CW liveries ?

Hi guys,

Can you plz help me with two things getting my custom CW spit in DCS working ?

1- I guess I need to add a new folder for the CW livery in my Saved Games/Liveries section ..., do you know how it should be called ?

2- An example of the description.lua file for the CW would be very welcome !

Thanks in advance !

Trying to get this "Dutch" Spit in DCS:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ajw1970/28493051986

The folder is called SpitfireLFMkIXCW

In the description.lua, everything called {"SpitfireIX", needs to be called {"SpitfireIX_k",

Then it should work. But be aware of the following:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=214950

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=215143

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

put the livery folder in coremods/ww2 units/aircraft/spitfire/livery

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.