BFT03 cannot pass

I am at the BTF 03 flying pattern and cannot pass it.

1st time: After completing the first full round the FE asked me to fly 300 which is to the sea and then give no other instruction

2nd time: Same as first time, he asks me to fly 220. Whenever I try to deviate, he warns me that I am flying off course. I fly like that so far away from the airport that I believe it is a bug

3rd time (see video): He ask me to fly 120 on the downwind legs at pattern attitude and gives no further instruction (he is supposed to tell me to go around like the first two times). Then I failed when trying to avoid colliding with the coming mountain.

Can someone tell me if it is a bug or am I doing it wrongly

In the same boat. I believe it's got to do with trigger conditions not working under the latest versions. They are working on it I believe.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I finally passed it. What I did differently is to turn sharply whenever I hear the instruction, don't know if it made any different. Anyway, the campaign is not perfect. When I play the next mission (which is touch-down and take off), I receive the instruction to climb back to angle 7 after touch down and then suddenly the FE ask me to maintain pattern attitude (2500ft) and keep heading 120. It means that either I will hit the mountain or fail the test.

I passed it after the third try anyway.

What to say now. I am quite frustrated with these bugs. :doh:

Just experienced the same - flying out to sea at 300... Will try the quick turns as you suggest, but also a little dissapointed as it is turning out of be a really good training tool.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Just experienced the same - flying out to sea at 300... Will try the quick turns as you suggest, but also a little dissapointed as it is turning out of be a really good training tool.

As soon as you hear the instruction you should bank 60° and pull the stick to maintain level flight. Well, pattern work is exact work. Pattern are established to create a controlable environment above an airfield. So it does matter where you fly and at what speed.

Keep practicing and it will be even more rewarding when you qualify. After all 3 campaigns don't miss to pass Red Flag, Airman! :pilotfly:

As soon as you hear the instruction you should bank 60° and pull the stick to maintain level flight. Well, pattern work is exact work. Pattern are established to create a controlable environment above an airfield. So it does matter where you fly and at what speed.

Keep practicing and it will be even more rewarding when you qualify. After all 3 campaigns don't miss to pass Red Flag, Airman! :pilotfly:

Sir Yes Sir, just completed both BFT03 and 04.

Guess my Xplane habits of banking at 30' had to change.

Thanks.

Sorry some of you are having problems with these missions. You do need to fly aggressively (it's a combat aircraft not a Cessna).

Try and get on altitude, heading and speed as quickly as you can. If you take too long then you can miss a trigger zone which will mess things up. Fly the flight plan as indicated hitting the waypoints in order and you should hit the triggers in the appropriate way.

Please report any other issues and we will investigate and see if we can make the process to success better.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

• 1 month later...
I am at the BTF 03 flying pattern and cannot pass it.

1st time: After completing the first full round the FE asked me to fly 300 which is to the sea and then give no other instruction

2nd time: Same as first time, he asks me to fly 220. Whenever I try to deviate, he warns me that I am flying off course. I fly like that so far away from the airport that I believe it is a bug

3rd time (see video): He ask me to fly 120 on the downwind legs at pattern attitude and gives no further instruction (he is supposed to tell me to go around like the first two times). Then I failed when trying to avoid colliding with the coming mountain.

Can someone tell me if it is a bug or am I doing it wrongly

If you follow the waypoints you can made it!:thumbup:

I need help understanding BTF 03 as well. What's important seems to be to not just follow the verbal instructions but to also fly the flight plan (aim for the waypoints). But at final I can't figure out what I'm supposed to do. The verbal instruction orders me to maintain pattern altitude (2500ft) and a speed between 200 and 250kts. That makes little sense as I'm supposed to land (I've already done one go-around) but if I do follow those instructions I get an "ABORT". If I don't follow the instructions and instead enter a glide slope for landing I get yelled at for not maintaining pattern altitude. Can someone please explain how this mission works?

i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz; 16Gb DDR3; GeForce GTX 1070; Windows 10; TM Warthog HOTAS

I'm in the same boat as others here.

I went back to this campaign after a long time away, and I cannot complete this mission.

In the pattern altitude at 120. Mountains approaching just past Batumi, and if I make any knid of left turn, I just get a shouting from the instructor for being off course.

If I don't turn, it's straight into the mountain for me!

What is going on here?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Try hitting the waypoints as indicated in the flight plan. The FE's instructions are for additional guidance but if you fly the flight plan as indicated you should be able to pass the mission.

The triggers for the instructions are centered on the waypoints so if you are too far from them you could miss a voice trigger but the mission should still continue ok.

If you can upload a trk file we could review it and get a better understanding of why it's not playing as expected.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Try hitting the waypoints as indicated in the flight plan. The FE's instructions are for additional guidance but if you fly the flight plan as indicated you should be able to pass the mission.

The triggers for the instructions are centered on the waypoints so if you are too far from them you could miss a voice trigger but the mission should still continue ok.

If you can upload a trk file we could review it and get a better understanding of why it's not playing as expected.

Thanks, I finally passed. I think the issue for me was what happens after WP8. Pretty sure the instruction is something along the lines of ‘continue flying and wait for instructions’ type thing. I wasn’t flying in the pattern at first, so that caused an issue. Also, there appears to be no prompt to ask Batumi for landing clearance or to start landing procedures.

Pretty tricky and easy to waste about half an hour trying, just to start all over again!

Good fun though.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Just for your information:

I have completed the Basic and Advance Campaign and now playing the second mission of the Tactical Training. I would say that Maple flag has come a long way to improve the script and voice over quality of the campaign over time to make it more enjoyable. I hope they can come back and revise the previous campaign.