TM Warthog A/B Detent curve

MTFDarkEagle

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone done curves for the Harrier to stay below the 102.5% RPM to avoid the engine over heating?

I tried to for a while earlier today but failed magnificently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

• 2 months later...
Has anyone done curves for the Harrier to stay below the 102.5% RPM to avoid the engine over heating?

I tried to for a while earlier today but failed magnificently

Bump for this...I've still been too stupid to be able to figure it out :doh:

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

You can’t do a static curve with the harrier because the RPM percentage changes with altitude, temperature, airspeed and nozzle position. I just keep it linear and keep an eye on the RPM indicator.

Ah yes, that hadn't even crossed my mind somehow lol. Thanks dude!

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

• 4 weeks later...
Awesome guys thanks. Anyone have curve numbers for a10c so I don't have to switch the afterburner indent? Idea is I would be at max throttle when I hit the indent and not require to push past. Ang help would be great

I believe the stock settings work perfectly for the A-10C module with the Warthog Throttle.

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

I see... Why you would want this is beyond me honestly, as it's a 30 second swap and you'll have the entire throttle range...

Probably for the exact same reasons most real fighter jets have detents (or finger lifts, etc) to be able to push through in to burner? It's used as feedback for the pilot.

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

Well if your aircraft is fitted with an A/B you'd obviously use a detent of some sort.. I just don't understand why you'd run with the WH detent when flying the A-10C...

You'd have to make some curve which utilizes a smaller portion of the total axis range...

Let me make sure I am following...you're then proposing that people take the detent in and out based on whatever jet they are flying? Not a bad idea really, given how quickly it can be done...probably more of a hassle than many people are willing to go through though.

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

Let me make sure I am following...you're then proposing that people take the detent in and out based on whatever jet they are flying? Not a bad idea really, given how quickly it can be done...probably more of a hassle than many people are willing to go through though.

Yes - exactly! :thumbup:

It's a less-than-30-second-job to switch over.. So it doesn't compute in my upstairs area why you wouldn't do it:pilotfly::joystick:

Yes - exactly! :thumbup:

It's a less-than-30-second-job to switch over.. So it doesn't compute in my upstairs area why you wouldn't do it:pilotfly::joystick:

I, personally, don't disagree...I will be changing between grips shortly once I have a Gunfighter Pro with a MCG, Warthog Grip, Hornet/Harrier grip, and Tomcat grip. Shouldn't be too difficult to add an extra 30 seconds to the changeover process when necessary.

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

• 3 weeks later...

Ok Gents,

I purchased the push through AB detent from Debolestis, I'm using it on the F-5 with the recommended curves from this thread (and thoroughly enjoying it). I was perusing the F-5 manual this morning and stumbled across this gem:

Afterburner System

Afterburner operation is initiated by advancing throttle beyond MIL mark. Afterburner lightoff on the ground should occur within approximately 5 seconds.

NOTE. The game provides the ability to restrict the movement of the throttles to MIL (imitation of spring detents). To use this feature (spring detent) it is required to assign key in the CONTROL SETTINGS control parameter THROTTLE RANGE (Press to change).

does anyone know how to use this key/function in DCS?

——————

i7 7820x 4.3ghz

Asus tuf x299 mk 2

32gig G.skill 3200mhz ram

500gig ssd OS

2x 1tb ssd raid 0

GeForce GTX 1080

HTC Vive

It’s been a while since I flew the F-5, but I would think that detent key would have to be ON for you to advance into AB. I’d also think you’d have to use TARGET for this to work (I’m not against that, I do it in all non-A-10C aircraft).

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

• 1 month later...

For what it is worth, these are my settings for the F/A-18C:

0 - 6 - 16 - 24 - 33 - 43 - 57 - 67 - 80 - 90 - 100

I also modded the detent by filing down the leading edge slowly so I can push through into the A/B range without having to use the lifts.

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

For what it is worth, these are my settings for the F/A-18C:

0 - 6 - 16 - 24 - 33 - 43 - 57 - 67 - 80 - 90 - 100

I also modded the detent by filing down the leading edge slowly so I can push through into the A/B range without having to use the lifts.

Thanks Andrew. Just found this thread, this is exactly what i was looking for.

• 2 weeks later...
can someone confirm Andrew's settings for the hotas warthog on the F-18?

If it doesnt match your detent 100%, just wiggle the numbers a little.

This is the Hornet curve Im using for my filed down detent.

- User curve

- Slider

0 - 7 - 15 - 24 - 34 - 45 - 57 - 70 - 84 - 95 - 100

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

GUys sorry for the stupid question: do I have to remove the A/b separator between left/right throttle in order to use the A/B detend with the curves mentioned here?

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black