Chat Enhancer and Text Enlarger for DCS World 1.5

BManx2000

Oops, I misread your question. The instructions I posted were to increase the time the CHAT messages stay on the screen with the chat enhancer installed. I don't know offhand how to do it for the radio messages.

Thanks anyway for this improvement...I'm sure the script is in there somewhere.

BTW, diffTime > 10 showed up the first time I looked for it to make the changes but now I can't seem to find it...like the script just disappeared. I checked the other copies and versions of DCS World that I never modified and couldn't find it there either...weird.

edit:Solved

diffTime > 10 is scripted only in the chat mod not the text enlarger mod and since I only have the text enlarger installed at present, that is why I cannot see it.

Edited by fitness88

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's because that line of code is one I wrote for the chat enhancer.

Anyway, I found something that should change the duration of the radio messages. In gameMessages.lua, find "pLentaRadio:addMessage(a_text, a_duration)", line 136. Then you can multiply "a_duration" by a number. For example, if you change "a_duration" to "a_duration*2", the radio messages should stay twice as long. I haven't tested this though.

Anyway, I found something that should change the duration of the radio messages. In gameMessages.lua, find "pLentaRadio:addMessage(a_text, a_duration)", line 136. Then you can multiply "a_duration" by a number. For example, if you change "a_duration" to "a_duration*2", the radio messages should stay twice as long. I haven't tested this though.

I will test it later today and post the results...thanks!

The sim started but the duration stayed the same.

function addRadioMessage(a_text, a_duration)

if pLentaRadio then

pLentaRadio:addMessage(a_text, a_duration*2)

Edited by fitness88

How can i edit the frame rate file?

I can't find the location

Thank you

Nobody knows?

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Yes, and if possible, to modify the color.

Where is the location of this file ?

Thanks

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

And where is the DLL located ?

Thank you

Aha! I found a way to do it:

In "FUI/Fonts/", delete "font_tiny.tga" and "font_tiny.txt" and replace them with copies of a different font, such as "font_dejavu_lgc_sans_condensed_19".

Obviously this will affect anything that uses that font, although I'm not sure if anything else actually does.

Thank you, BManx

I wish i could get ride of the time, right next to the fps counter.

It's working just fine, so far.

Now i'll try to open this DDL file, with ResHacker, to see if i can change the color.

Thank you

Edited by Lenux

Following the idea of this mod I made a little one that just removes the envelope icon, nothing more.

I like the new chat system (the default one), I can see the text very well on my 1920x1080 monitor, I really don't want my view cluttered with all kinds of messages that most of the time I am not interested in, even for few seconds. I like to know that new messages are available to see but I want to see them when I want it not to pop up uninvited (like in 1.2.16) while maybe I am fixing a screenshot view or I am recording with ShadowPlay.

But that little envelop symbol is also ruining a bit the view and is also redundant as there is a number next to it that shows how many messages are so that number could be enough for a warning.

So the easy fix for me was to just create an empty small png file named post.png and place it in the correspondent folder.

Maybe someone wants just that and not the mod made by BManx2000 so I attached it to this post inside a ready to install JSGME mod. Open the archive with double click and drag the inside folder to your _Mods folder from DCS. Then activate the mod via JSGME.

FIX chat symbol envelope removed 18IAN2016.zip

Screen_160118_093255.thumb.jpg.cefbbfef1731fda6d90156fd22f266dc.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

In "FUI/Fonts/", delete "font_tiny.tga" and "font_tiny.txt" and replace them with copies of a different font, such as "font_dejavu_lgc_sans_condensed_19".

Obviously this will affect anything that uses that font, although I'm not sure if anything else actually does.

It works excellent!

Thanks.

Edited by fitness88

For some reason, when flying the F15C, I am getting a double message on the left side of the screen, one in regular and one in larger text. Any suggestions? The text on the right works fine. Running Win7 and openbeta 1.5 with the latest update.

Edited by sobe
new last sentence

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Could you please be more detailed on this move.

Thanks

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Could you please be more detailed on this move.

Thanks

By renaming a font of choice to "font_tiny.tga" and "font_tiny.txt" you will change the global look of font_tiny.tga" and "font_tiny.txt. This will give you the option of having a larger more easily read font.

I use it and would not want to give it up...it's great!

BManx2000 there is a Multiplayer compatibility issue with your Chat Enhancer and Text Enlarger 0.4. There is a file in the MissionEditor folder that does not allow the briefing screen to open when in multiplayer. I did a lot of trial and error to figure all this out. Actually I removed the MissionEditor folder out of the text enlarger folder and the text is still large so it's not needed for just the text enlarger.