JF-17 Thunder Discussions

probad

Cool!

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I'm really hyped for this plane, waaaaaaaaay more than for the Tomcat I pre-bought (which tbqh, since I'm not US-tech or Top Gun fan I bought only because of Dynamic DCS server cause it will be on RED side fighting against those filthy, uncouth F18/F15 hordes).

Modern avionics on a deliciously different/foreign style airframe, what more could you want? :pilotfly:

Maybe I'm missing something, but can only see the Pl-5 as it's only planned air to Air missile?

There is also the SD-10 (PL-12) that is an active radar-guided bvr air-to-air missile (PL-5 is short-range infrared homing missile).

Bye

Phant

Edited by phant

AMVI

There is also the SD-10 (PL-12) that is an active radar-guided bvr air-to-air missile (PL-5 is short-range infrared homing missile).

Bye

Phant

Good! Thanks for the explanation!

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

• 3 weeks later...
I'd like to know will this version of the JF-17 have an HMD and missiles that can use it?

No

Block 3 has HMD and missiles using HMD

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

Unfortunately. But we will get the SD-10/amraam equivalent. The radar will be nothing to write home about, you can see pictures showing the MAWS apertures, seem to be one on either side of the v stab good for heaters in a turning fight

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

The JF-17 MAWS comprises various optical sensors that detect and display the rocket missiles approaching the aircraft on MFDs

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language