DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has a bad zoom (a.k.a. a broken Simulation Control Interface).. unless of course that display is 4" from his face.

Well yeah, he's flying zoomed out quite a bit, like most of the content creators do on the tube. Plus, it's actually 1920x810 resolution. Roughly matches what I see in the Rift though. When flying without VR, I always kept the FOV at 60°, unless I needed a closer look where I "zoomed in" to 30°. Higher FOVs grant for better SA though, but they distort the sensation of speed and distances a lot.

Yep. Two things: your version number will increment to 2.5.6 and second, bignewy won't have to field any questions whether an update is coming for at least two, maybe three days.

Then, we stable scrubs will start asking "what about us?", And so it begins again for newy

Made my day, now I can go hit the hay rdlaugh.png

I reckon though that the last Stable version is more than 2 months old already as I still see people wanting to fly the Jeff they bought back then, but just not switching over to OB. The step to 2.5.6 probably will push it away even further.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Higher FOVs grant for better SA though.

I would argue they do not. They give new users a false illusion that they do.

He can't see his instruments and displays as well. His sense of distance is distorted. He can't properly judge speed, and targets which should take a certain amount of screen size are scaled too small. He has to get closer to targets before he can adequately see them, and enemy aircraft (and missiles) can approach much closer before they become visible on his monitor.

This is terrible SA. Masquerading as "good" SA. He can see more horizontal degrees of scenery, but sacrifices aircraft control for the benefit.

Try and rid yourself of this misconception that a broken view is "better." it is not.

Yep. Two things: your version number will increment to 2.5.6 and second, bignewy won't have to field any questions whether an update is coming for at least two, maybe three days.

Then, we stable scrubs will start asking "what about us?", And so it begins again for newy

This is the natural flow of things in the DCS community. Embrace it.

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

NOW is 12th Feb, where is update?

I just cant understand why u guys can not giving us HF for very very obvious bugs. I 100% sure DIS already giving u guys JF17's pitch pag. Why not release HF for any 3rd partys!!! Since last update to now its already over 1 month time. And i suppose u guys have finished u holiday. WE ARE WAITING TOO LONG

I reckon though that the last Stable version is more than 2 months old already as I still see people wanting to fly the Jeff they bought back then, but just not switching over to OB. The step to 2.5.6 probably will push it away even further.

No, it's not 2 months yet and

Last stable DCS 2.5.5.41371 - 23.12.2019

JF-17 introduction DCS 2.5.5.40603 Open Beta - 04.12.2019

So is the point of the stable - it's not meant to be updated frequently.

@zanebanks: "Open Beta is an option and may not be for everyone."

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

I just cant understand why u guys can not giving us HF for very very obvious bugs. I 100% sure DIS already giving u guys JF17's pitch pag. Why not release HF for any 3rd partys!!! Since last update to now its already over 1 month time. And i suppose u guys have finished u holiday. WE ARE WAITING TOO LONG

Because they're all already working with 2.5.6 internally. if they would now have to create a hotfix for 2.5.5 they would have to revert their work which would cause more problems than it would solve. Just wait for the big 2.5.6 update which should come very soon and will include all those JF-17 fixes.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Honestly i'd like to here something about the status of version 2.5.6. The target was to release it at the beginning of February.

To prevent missunderstanding. I'm fine if it gets postponed because there are still Issues that need to be fixed. So if ED and or thirdparties need more time, it's okay. But an update would be nice.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Bignewy already said that

So... update today or not?? Is it so hard from ED to say - Yes, we will have an update.

Or - not, we won't?

I could not hold myself any longer....

How many times people need to ask the same question over and over again.

The update will happen when it is ready. Better to wait for a good patch than rush one that needs follow up hotfixes.

BIGNEWY said that if all goes well, an update will happen towards the end of the week.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

• ED Team
Not today,

If all goes well, towards the end of the week.

thanks

Still planned for the end of the week.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Because they're all already working with 2.5.6 internally. if they would now have to create a hotfix for 2.5.5 they would have to revert their work which would cause more problems than it would solve. Just wait for the big 2.5.6 update which should come very soon and will include all those JF-17 fixes.

Ah, I doubt it's that tight, it's all a big tree of builds in version control, development is going on probably many versions ahead, the stuff we get is things that are down the line and tested and were churning for some time, but as per usual many hotfixes can be put in relatively fast. But how far back do they keep all the build archives is another thing, perhaps all, perhaps just 2 years and then major milestones, but I would say the final state of major version such as 1.2, 1.5, 2.0 most probably still live somewhere.

The Mig21bis updates that were coming for the past half year or so were actually cherry-picks from the big new update, being backported, for beta testing.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

• ED Team

Merged the thread, info below :)

Still planned for the end of the week.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

WOW, people just don’t listen,,,,,,

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus MOBO||Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core, 24 Thread Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 32GB GSKILL DDR4 RAM @3600 || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake ToughPower GF1 850W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Windows 10 Pro 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog and Cougar sticks, throttles and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||

Best guess is...some 3rd party stuff will not be ready...

so unfortunately, there will be delays possibly into next week.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

This is the natural flow of things in the DCS community. Embrace it.

That, along with speculating about upcoming aircraft and complaining about the current state of the aircraft they have. Perhaps even sometimes they fly their aircraft, but that's not confirmed yet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

No, it's not 2 months yet and

Last stable DCS 2.5.5.41371 - 23.12.2019

JF-17 introduction DCS 2.5.5.40603 Open Beta - 04.12.2019

So is the point of the stable - it's not meant to be updated frequently.

I was under the impression that the last Stable was before the 12-04 update, as I keep seeing people asking for a Stable update so they could finally fly their Jeff. As I don't run this branch myself, I just kept wondering, but never cared to check out.

Honestly i'd like to here something about the status of version 2.5.6. The target was to release it at the beginning of February.

"Beginning of" can be very ambiguous in business lang. I've seen instances of this with a two digit number that has a 2 in front of the other.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

So... update today or not?? Is it so hard from ED to say - Yes, we will have an update.

Or - not, we won't?

Well, it seems it is very hard to read what ED (Bignewy, ED Community Manager) is posting. So it likely won't help to post more? ;)

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Not that hard...

27b88080768b25fe9f3b97701ff9ba70.jpg

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Not that hard...

I dunno shagrat. Still wasn't clear enough for some people. Perhaps if he would be more explicit and emphatically state "you'll get it soon" more often, people might get it

I think I've only seen him mention it about five times

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

I dunno shagrat. Still wasn't clear enough for some people. Perhaps if he would be more explicit and emphatically state "you'll get it soon" more often, people might get it

I think I've only seen him mention it about five times

Maybe six times the charm? :music_whistling:

It is crazy though. :doh:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals