Harrier flight Ops from the Admiral Kuznetsov

irfanahmed1979

:thumbup:

Although not shown in this video, much to my delight I discovered that ramp start is possible aboard the Admiral Kuznetsov. :D

CPU: Core i7 7700k, Mobo: GA-Z270x Gaming 7 rev. 1, RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz, GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Amp Edition, SSD: Samsung 850 pro 512 GB, SSD: 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 512 GB (RAID 0), Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD, HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black, TrackIR 5, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, CH PRO Pedals.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I regularly used the Kutz for its ski ramp, lovely isn’t it.

Another option is the rather excellent Hermes mod by Joey, which can be easily found using search. My Harrier flight is currently practicing with that.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

I regularly used the Kutz for its ski ramp, lovely isn’t it.

Another option is the rather excellent Hermes mod by Joey, which can be easily found using search. My Harrier flight is currently practicing with that.

Yeah it is! I read a long time ago in a book called "Modern Naval Combat" that the ski ramp allows for a slight higher takeoff weight. Is it true?

CPU: Core i7 7700k, Mobo: GA-Z270x Gaming 7 rev. 1, RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz, GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Amp Edition, SSD: Samsung 850 pro 512 GB, SSD: 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 512 GB (RAID 0), Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD, HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black, TrackIR 5, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, CH PRO Pedals.

Yeah it is! I read a long time ago in a book called "Modern Naval Combat" that the ski ramp allows for a slight higher takeoff weight. Is it true?

Yup. Be cool if we got a brit carrier or the spanish or italian ones that use it instead of the tarawa. (Officially)

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Starting on the No.3 position of Admiral Kuznetsov you can nigh takeoff with whatever load you want.

Starting on the No.3 position of Admiral Kuznetsov you can nigh takeoff with whatever load you want.

Thank you! I'll try it.

nice vid, and good choice of livery!

How do you get the NWS on to super tight for on the carrier? I heard in a video you have to hold down the NWS button, but when i do nothing happens?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I go by 'Gryphon' on MP. Intel Core i7 9700K OC 5GB. 32GB DDR4 4300Mhz Crucial RGB Ballistix OC. Corsair Hydro Series H100. ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F. EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB OC. * 2 Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 500GB. Seagate 1TB 3.5" SATA3 FireCuda SSHD. TMaster T.16000m FCS HOTAS. Track IR.

How do you get the NWS on to super tight for on the carrier? I heard in a video you have to hold down the NWS button, but when i do nothing happens?

There are two modes to the NWS. Anti-skid and NWS. Anti-skid mode is what you describe, where holding the NWS button activates the steering and when you release the button the nose wheel goes into free caster. This mode is what you would use on airfields for any landing that is not straight down. The second NWS mode is NWS aka anti-skid is off. In this mode, NWS is always activated and holding the NWS button enables the high gain mode, which is shown in the HUD. This way you can get a tighter turn. This is the mode you use on ships. The switch for this is on the left side, near the flaps and water switches.

Chris, as MARSVINET put it, the Anti-Skid switch should be flicked down to Off or as it says on the panel in the cockpit to NWS. So now pressing the button on the hotas will give you a Hi-gain Nose-wheel steering and lo-gain without the button being pressed.

Hi guys, sorry in the options I think there only 3 options for NWS. off, on, on until off or something. I have it mapped where when off its in caster, and when on its NWS (and the anti-skid light is illuminated). The only NWS switch I can see is the one near the gear and flaps indicator. Its has two positions, which when flipped, alternates between caster and nws. I just don't get how you get high grain on. sorry to sound daft.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I go by 'Gryphon' on MP. Intel Core i7 9700K OC 5GB. 32GB DDR4 4300Mhz Crucial RGB Ballistix OC. Corsair Hydro Series H100. ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F. EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB OC. * 2 Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 500GB. Seagate 1TB 3.5" SATA3 FireCuda SSHD. TMaster T.16000m FCS HOTAS. Track IR.

Hi guys, sorry in the options I think there only 3 options for NWS. off, on, on until off or something. I have it mapped where when off its in caster, and when on its NWS (and the anti-skid light is illuminated). The only NWS switch I can see is the one near the gear and flaps indicator. Its has two positions, which when flipped, alternates between caster and nws. I just don't get how you get high grain on. sorry to sound daft.

To get HI gain, the switch needs to be in the down position (NWS) and the NWS button on the HOTAS should be pressed.

That's where I am going wrong mate, I have the switch in the down position but when you say the NWS button on the hotas should be pressed I don't know what you mean. A button on the joytick in game?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's where I am going wrong mate, I have the switch in the down position but when you say the NWS button on the hotas should be pressed I don't know what you mean. A button on the joytick in game?

Yes, a button on the joystick. This should be mapped on the stick/HOTAS: AG Target Undesignate/NWS/FOV Toggle

With the Anti-skid switch down and the above mentioned button pressed you'll get Hi gain and unpressed you'll get low gain on the steering.:thumbup:

Yes, a button on the joystick. This should be mapped on the stick/HOTAS: AG Target Undesignate/NWS/FOV Toggle

With the Anti-skid switch down and the above mentioned button pressed you'll get Hi gain and unpressed you'll get low gain on the steering.:thumbup:

Thank you!!! Now I know which button to press :):thumbup::megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]