Announcing: Combat Sim Live (DCS Live Streamed Events)

Hook47

Goal of the CSL Network- To promote interest in Combat Simulators like DCS by delivering fun and exciting LIVE events, focused on sportsmanship, viewer & pilot enjoyment, and to foster healthy growth & benefit in our Combat Simulator community.

Hello Folks,

Some of you may know me from the Grudge Match Series, a series of PVP Events that began with the simple design of spreading interest in DCS World, friendly PVP and excitement for the awesome and growing assortment of DCS Modules & Addons. What began as a one time event has grown into a four part series with more future events planned, new events being covered live like the 104ths outstanding "Red Flag" events, and a steadily growing following of viewers tuning in to our live events both during the show and watching the VOD uploads afterwards.

I never envisioned live Combat Sim events being this successful, and I want to thank SA-Sim.com, Leatherneck Simulations, Heatblur Simulations, Eagle Dynamics, Maple Flag Missions & BlackKnights Squadron for ongoing support. These events wouldn't have gotten this far without you guys!

The purpose of this post is to announce my intent to begin working on a network of sorts, focused around covering live DCS events, and expanding and improving our viewer friendly sports event like format. While it is tough to put into words exactly what I have in mind, I essentially want to continue what we've already accomplished with events like the Grudge Match Series, while expanding the watch-ability, variety of events, and incentives for both the viewers and participants. I have some potentially big things going in the background that I can't release yet, but I am super excited for making these events bigger and better! This post will serve as a heads up to those interested, and a call for some additional help to put together new events in the future!

I am looking for the following, so if one of these opportunities interests you, please send me a PM or an email to hooks.events@gmail.com

Official Co-Commentators/Announcers/Official Contributors willing to participate regularly, and possibly cover events on the Network's channel (interviews and event test broadcasts will be done case by case)

Mission Designers interested in creating exciting PVP Events

Sponsors willing to help build the prizepool for our participants and viewers

Official Server Hosts (Some events will have one already, this will be for events created by CSL such as the Grudge Match Series)

Organizations or Squadrons interested in having CSL cover and promote their event (In return, we only ask a copy of the VOD be authorized to be uploaded to CSL channels to help expand the network

Individuals with live-stream broadcast talent willing to help improve the quality of the events

More to come... brainstorming is ongoing!

If you feel like you would be interested in helping out, or have an idea you would like to bounce off of me, let me know!

Thanks for everything, I hope to see you guys at future events. If you are interested in seeing some of the events covered in the past to get an idea of what we are shooting for, check out my current YouTube channel! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCIxbf88o6KmnES_1G70_5Q or the Twitch.tv channel at twitch.tv/hooks_stream

*Import note for anyone I am currently working with- creation of the CSL Network changes NOTHING for current or future plans, this is simply an expansion of what we have already been doing. Thanks!

Edited by Hook47

Sponsors

This is a fantastic idea! My skill set puts me firmly in the "participant" area of helping out, but I have a few ideas for sponsors to reach out to.

CH Products, Thrustmaster, Mad Catz, video card, motherboard, RAM card manufactures, Saitek... its a HUGE list that mainly covers our peripherals needed to operate.

Videos covering the DOTA 2 championships could provide ideas for more sponsors to reach out to.

Another thing to consider would be how to get public interest. Main stream media commercials tops the list, but so does its bill.

Gigabyte Tech. 990FXA-UD3, AMD FX-8350 8 Core, 16 Gig RAM @ 2200 Mhz, Radeon X480, Oculus Rift

This is a fantastic idea! My skill set puts me firmly in the "participant" area of helping out, but I have a few ideas for sponsors to reach out to.

CH Products, Thrustmaster, Mad Catz, video card, motherboard, RAM card manufactures, Saitek... its a HUGE list that mainly covers our peripherals needed to operate.

Videos covering the DOTA 2 championships could provide ideas for more sponsors to reach out to.

Another thing to consider would be how to get public interest. Main stream media commercials tops the list, but so does its bill.

facebook ads, instagram, etc. some of the best cheap marketing out there.

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

You should probably forget about Saitek or MadCatz since neither name is likely to be associated with flight sim peripherals, except as a historical footnote, any longer.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

We have a few new names around the forums though. I wonder if they'd have any interest? and what of the MFG crosswinds company?

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

We have a few new names around the forums though. I wonder if they'd have any interest? and what of the MFG crosswinds company?

I love my MFG's, but they don't really sponsor people.

Come join a passionate community of flight simmers everyday, live at

16hnv2f.png

PC Specs

Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.4GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7

Corsair Vengeance LED 2666MHz 32GB DDR4

H115i 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

EVGA GeForce 980Ti Hybrid (built-in liquid cooling)

EVGA SuperNova 750W 80+Gold

Samsung NVMe 950PRO M.2 SSD 512GBx2

Great ideas so far guys, and thanks for all the interest! For those PMing me or emailing me I will respond ASAP, I haven't forgotten! Currently at some training for my LEO Job but I will get back in due time. Feel free to keep suggestions coming guys, really appreciate the feedback!

• 1 month later...

Hey folks,

Since I received a lot of interest and feedback from the post here, I just wanted to update and let the interested parties know that this is still planned, however progress will be slow until the fall, as I am tied up with some real world commitments until then. In spite of that I am still hoping to cover some like PVP events between now and then on the channel used for the GM Series, so stay tuned and feel free to continue to contact me in the mean time!

Hey folks,

Since I received a lot of interest and feedback from the post here, I just wanted to update and let the interested parties know that this is still planned, however progress will be slow until the fall, as I am tied up with some real world commitments until then. In spite of that I am still hoping to cover some like PVP events between now and then on the channel used for the GM Series, so stay tuned and feel free to continue to contact me in the mean time!

No worries Hook, looking forward to it :)

Come join a passionate community of flight simmers everyday, live at

16hnv2f.png

PC Specs

Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.4GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7

Corsair Vengeance LED 2666MHz 32GB DDR4

H115i 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

EVGA GeForce 980Ti Hybrid (built-in liquid cooling)

EVGA SuperNova 750W 80+Gold

Samsung NVMe 950PRO M.2 SSD 512GBx2

I don't know about anyone else, but I would like to see some multiplayer PvE. A squad of players completing(or all losing) against a challenging mission. Perhaps playing against a time limit or with limited aircraft. Or even a historic mission.

It would be cool to see a squadrons plan's unfold, having some fly CAP for strike aircraft. Viewing wise it makes it easier to keep track of one team.

Edited by TomOnSteam

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cockpit Spectator Mode

I don't know about anyone else, but I would like to see some multiplayer PvE. A squad of players completing(or all losing) against a challenging mission. Perhaps playing against a time limit or with limited aircraft. Or even a historic mission.

It would be cool to see a squadrons plan's unfold, having some fly CAP for strike aircraft. Viewing wise it makes it easier to keep track of one team.

I remember that there were really good coop multiplayer scenarios from someone called Dragon. The problem is that each bigger DCS patch made these scenarios broken until they were fixed. Ultimately it lead to complete abandon of it, either until DCS will be in a lot stable place (2.5) or people doing it simply lost interest.

Everybody had their own role in the map and it was a lot of fun.

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

I agree this would be awesome.

Would need one of the very talented mission designers to put together something realistic.

GeForce GTX 970, i5 4690K 3.5 GHz, 8 GB ram, Win 10, 1080p

• 3 months later...