TWS accuracy

Vatikus

While I understand the current TWS is still WIP, I would just like to express wish that its implementation would carry the downsides vs STT and SAM spotlighting a bit better... The motive is that DCS M2K new radar implementation showed it is possible..

So... it would been nice that designator box and overall position accuracy would reflect the energy and resolution difference vs STT for example. This means that especially altitude information would reflect the wider radar beam and no monopulse processing which cannot pinpoint target inside the beam and place designator box dead on center around the track. Thus the further away the target is the more error it should have.

It should as well affect very negatively to the active missiles launching as you don't get at all so accurate prediction point calculations against maneuvering target that doesn't fly straight and at steady speed. So if enemy fighter starts to change its heading and alter speed every 5-10 seconds, your active missile will be flying all over the places and have more difficulty to find you when its seeker activates as target might not be at all where it was suppose to be.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Absolutely hope ED will implement this. The TD box should dance around the target as it hits every time and gets a different error, and the bigger the range the bigger the error, especially vertically as you said, and especially in the Viper because the beam is larger vertically than horizontally..

It does not. In practice TWS is heavily inaccurate elevation wise, one of the reasons why it's not popular.

If that’s the case current modeling is probably accurate.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz HT Disabled, Asus RoG Strix z390E Gaming, 64GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, Asus RoG Strix RTX2080Ti OC @ 1.9Ghz, 1TB Samsung Evo 970Pro M.2 TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49" Curved Gaming Monitor, Samsung 50" 4KUHD TV, Acer 27" Touch Panel, CV1, Pimax 5K+, Valve Index, FSSB3 Lighting, F-16SGRH, 3 TM Cougar's and a Saitek X36 that I can't bring myself to part with.

Current modeling is nearly 100% accurate so not really.

I’ve heard from a former Eagle mechanic that pilots don’t use it. Same reason, it’s not accurate and they don’t trust it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz HT Disabled, Asus RoG Strix z390E Gaming, 64GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, Asus RoG Strix RTX2080Ti OC @ 1.9Ghz, 1TB Samsung Evo 970Pro M.2 TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49" Curved Gaming Monitor, Samsung 50" 4KUHD TV, Acer 27" Touch Panel, CV1, Pimax 5K+, Valve Index, FSSB3 Lighting, F-16SGRH, 3 TM Cougar's and a Saitek X36 that I can't bring myself to part with.

I’ve heard from a former Eagle mechanic that pilots don’t use it. Same reason, it’s not accurate and they don’t trust it.

What I mean is that ingame it's like 99% precise and they should model in more error (sorry if I didn't express myself correctly).

What I mean is that ingame it's like 99% precise and they should model in more error (sorry if I didn't express myself correctly).

No worries. If you’re referring to the accuracy of tracking a bandit while in TWS, what I’ve seen of it is not all that great. In fact it drops targets just like STT does when closing from 20 miles to 10. I’ve stopped using it since it’s rare I can bug more than one target at a time. The hostile aircraft in the missions we fly on our squad server don’t stay at the same altitude for long once they’re painted. They use good tactics and bracketing in the vertical effectively makes the Viper radar lose sight on the contact that’s not bugged or in SAM mode with STT.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]