Yet another warthog slew upgrade

Deltaalphalima1

Received mine today, #1836. Installed it pretty quickly, without issues. Definitely an upgrade. Slewing works great in every module I own and even slewing the Maverick with the realistic option (TDC Depress + Slew) became a breeze. Very happy with the results! :thumbup:

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Received it yesterday :)

In terms of feel, -this- is what the slew control should have been from the beginning.

Couldn't test it ingame though - only after replacing the control did I check which firmware version I have on my WH and it wasn't the latest LOL

So, back to pulling it apart when I get home later :)

Got mine yesterday but I've been fighting a broken computer so I haven't had a chance to use it yet, looks great though!

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

Best upgrade for the warthog. Looking forward to using it on the Ka-50 once they upgrade the cockpit...
I like it so mutch in the ka-50 :D

But i am waiting to on the upgrade... than i gonna replay sp

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J510FN met Tapatalk

EDIT: Disregard, works great!

Edited by Deezle

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

I'll be honest, a bit dissapointed with mine. The stick gives all of it's output signal with only about half of it's displacement, no matter how many times it's calibrated. I've had this same problem with modern Xbox 360 controllers (use the same type of mini stick), while my old ones work great.

Anyone else experience what I'm talking about?

I have not had this bug... did you run the "throttle warthog calibration (v1.07).exe" ?

and load the file A10JoystickCalibration.txt?

Then is the standard windows calibration after that ?

Edited by gonk
Typo

Intel Intel Core i7-8086K

32 Gig RAM

1 Tb Nvme SSD

EVGA 1080Ti

Win 10 64 Pro

LG 34UM95 34 inch Monitor

Track IR 5

Oculus Rift

HOTAS Warthog...mod'd TDC

SIMPEDS Pedals

I have not had this bug... did you run the "throttle warthog calibration (v1.07).exe" ?

and load the file A10JoystickCalibration.txt?

Then is the stand windows calibration after that ?

Thank you! I had downloaded the calibration tool earlier and thought it was for both the stick and the throttle, and since I don't use the TMWH base anymore I couldn't use that program. But it turns out it was only for the stick.

Finding the correct throttle calibration tool through google was a lot harder than it should have been, but I now see it's also on the DeltaSim website :doh:

Anyways, the thumbstick now properly reflects the full range of motion. Now if I could just get the junk modern 360 controllers to do the same :rolleyes:

Received and installed my slew upgrade today. It's awesome. Worth every penny and minute of waiting time. But then, we in this hobby know that good things come to those who wait eh :)

I managed to get two AGM-65F's off in one pass in the hornet! Unmodded, I would often need five passes just to get one shot off.

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

if i could offer some feedback... i've actually had my hands on a legacy hornet HOTAS - the real-world TDC moves very easily and depresses very easily - and the cursor moves both slowly on the screen (and thus yields accurate cursor control) when you make small inputs and quickly across the screen when you make large control inputs

in my admittedly un-qualified opinion, the force currently required to depress the TDC is approximately twice what it should be

i find when i go to click (depress) the TDC, it tends to also record a movement of the cursor away from the radar contact (or IR target - etc) that you are attempting to designate

unless you apply an inward force *perfectly* along the normal axis of the TDC, you'll get some movement away from the desired cursor position

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Scorch can you increase the dead zone on the switch(axes) just enough so it ignores the slight deflection when you press down?

Probably a sweet spot somewhere that will work best. Enough to ignore slight deflections, but not so much as to cause issues when trying to actually slew on target.

I use the force sensor so I don't have that push option, but often wondered about that very question regarding the newer slew switch.

Edited by sdmccorm

Mack

if i could offer some feedback... i've actually had my hands on a legacy hornet HOTAS - the real-world TDC moves very easily and depresses very easily - and the cursor moves both slowly on the screen (and thus yields accurate cursor control) when you make small inputs and quickly across the screen when you make large control inputs

in my admittedly un-qualified opinion, the force currently required to depress the TDC is approximately twice what it should be

i find when i go to click (depress) the TDC, it tends to also record a movement of the cursor away from the radar contact (or IR target - etc) that you are attempting to designate

unless you apply an inward force *perfectly* along the normal axis of the TDC, you'll get some movement away from the desired cursor position

I think that's a "getting used to it" process.

Once you've got enough hours on it you can easily depress the switch without inputting X-Y motions.

At least, that's what happens for me :P :D

Yeah, that's my only gripe with this mod, it gets better after a while but still not perfect. Unfortunately here we are limited to gamepad hardware, and from what I've seen, all gamepads require such strong force on their axis controllers (as they are designed to be operated with thumbs).

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

No, it's fully transparent.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

I received mine yesterday (#1878) and installed it this morning! Yet to test it really, but a 60 sec test using HUD as SOI gave a fantastic first impression! Need to fine tune my deadzone and curve on the axis to fit my preference, but I cannlt wait to give it a proper go tomorrow! Well worth the waiting time and money!

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI B360M Bazooka | CPU i7 8700k @ 3.2 GHz | RAM 2x8GB GDDR4 @ 2400 MHz | GPU Gainward GeForce RTX 2070 Dual Fan | 256GB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: MSI Optix 24" LED Curved | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: A-10C | F-14 | F/A-18C | Spitfire | P-51D

Got mine last week, only took a week to get to Aus once Damien had dispatched it.

Easy to install with good instructions, fits nice and works like a charm.

100% satisfied customer and a highly recommended upgrade.

If anyone is concerned, it does not involve any permanent modification to the Warthog, you can convert it back if you are insane! It takes 4 screws to get to and is a very simple installation using 2 screws provided.

Dont hesitate on this mod!