Eagerly awaited aircraft for DCS World

phant

Youre still getting 3 of the 4 airframes you mentioned are there.

Honestly, peoples idea of a mind melting complex milestone of a release is pretty limited-

"Hey look at the aircraft we gave you a long time ago. Now instead of using your keybinds you can flip the onscreen switches "

What a letdown that would be if thats what ED was launching the hype train about. Alternate models of existing airframes & clicky switches of old modules are a real low bar for a mind melting milestone.

I certainly hope its not a rehash of what we have already

I don't want to be rude, but I still don't understand what part of my message don't you get?

How my wish for a full-fidelity 4th gen Soviet/Russian (plus Su-24/25) craft turned into a FC3 recommendation?!?

Thanks man, I already got the whole package long ago, so no thanks really. Next time try reading posts left by other people more carefully...

And there is a difference between low-fi and full-fi avionics. I started with default B738 in FSX and then moved to PMDG 737NGX, and the difference is like night and day. Switching from one to another heightened my enthusiasm about flight sims even more.

So every time I try to fly Su-27 or MiG-29 it just feels odd. Like there is something is missing (and there is) and then just switch to something like Jeff. Much better! Therefore, I think even giving "clicky" cockpits to these old planes would breathe new life into them. Although I would love to see something like Su-27SM, MiG-29K or Su-25SM.

And I do think it would be a milestone for them. All these years saying they can't/won't do it, and then BOOM, kept ya waiting, huh?

Just one of those crafts, and I would be truly happy (and probably a lot of other folks too).

Afterwards you can continue having orgasms of Bluefor A/Cs - Phantoms, Apaches, whatever.

But please, ED, just this once. Pretty please...

Edited by killkenny1

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ!

Gib full-fi Su-27 or MiG-29 plz!

AMD R7 3700X|32GB DDR4 RAM|Gigabyte RTX2070S Gaming OC|2TB NVMe SDD + 1TB SSD + 2TBB + 1TB HDD|Dell P3421W|Windows 10 Pro x64

TM Warthog|MFG Crosswind|Samsung Odyssey+|TrackIR 5

Modules: Mirage F1|Mi-24P|JF-17|F/A-18C|F-14A/B|F-5E|M-2000C|MiG-21bis|L-39|Yak-52|FC3|Supercarrier || Terrains: Persian Gulf|NTTR|Normandy|Syria

Not F4

To Moderators can we have a little hint about what "announcement" means ? Is it 100% never talked about before in newsletters ? Or is it official "work start" announcement of a module already in pipeline (like AH-1, F-4 …) ?

Announcement is not F4. That has been already stated.

Wags mentioned in the interview last year they have got something in mind after Viper. If it was something that we already knew he would have said that.

I reckon this is something not yet known to us.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

I don't want to be rude, but I still don't understand what part of my message don't you get?

How my wish for a full-fidelity 4th gen Soviet/Russian (plus Su-24/25) craft turned into a FC3 recommendation?!?

Thanks man, I already got the whole package long ago, so no thanks really. Next time try reading posts left by other people more carefully...

And there is a difference between low-fi and full-fi avionics. I started with default B738 in FSX and then moved to PMDG 737NGX, and the difference is like night and day. Switching from one to another heightened my enthusiasm about flight sims even more.

So every time I try to fly Su-27 or MiG-29 it just feels odd. Like there is something is missing (and there is) and then just switch to something like Jeff. Much better! Therefore, I think even giving "clicky" cockpits to these old planes would breathe new life into them. Although I would love to see something like Su-27SM, MiG-29K or Su-25SM.

And I do think it would be a milestone for them. All these years saying they can't/won't do it, and then BOOM, kept ya waiting, huh?

Just one of those crafts, and I would be truly happy (and probably a lot of other folks too).

Afterwards you can continue having orgasms of Bluefor A/Cs - Phantoms, Apaches, whatever.

But please, ED, just this once. Pretty please...

Su-37/Mig-31 would make my brain melt,

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

There was one Su-37 made and they probably didn’t even have combat ready systems....

But an early MiG-31 with the Gatling gun would be a good foil for Tomcat. Multi crew, retractable IRST to use new FLIR rendering. I think they have all been upgraded to BM except for the ones further upgraded for Kinzhal. Supposedly the modernized Zaslon-M has ground modes, but can’t any evidence of air to ground weaponry, not to mention that the gun left pretty soon after upgrading.

EDT: modernized ones do have KH-31/25/35/58 capability

Always thought it was cool how they use R-40TD, the largest AA missile ever, as the back up heat seeker missile the way other planes use sidewinder//R-60

205AEC78-FC66-44E2-A220-6FC9489DE7BD.thumb.jpeg.606bf93dc55a5b0f2e842d878b68cc65.jpeg

49459220-3121-474A-8B3A-A78BA7C84906.thumb.jpeg.b2eff197dece35e9c72162ac29d8caf7.jpeg

9C891099-9474-415D-A32E-EE19C40626D5.thumb.jpeg.c1f0516eda5e85300315ca9900ee3bb7.jpeg

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

There was one Su-37 made and they probably didn’t even have combat ready systems....

But an early MiG-31 with the Gatling gun would be a good foil for Tomcat. Multi crew, retractable IRST to use new FLIR rendering. I think they have all been upgraded to BM except for the ones further upgraded for Kinzhal. Supposedly the modernized Zaslon-M has ground modes, but can’t any evidence of air to ground weaponry, not to mention that the gun left pretty soon after upgrading.

EDT: modernized ones do have KH-31/25/35/58 capability

Always thought it was cool how they use R-40TD, the largest AA missile ever, as the back up heat seeker missile the way other planes use sidewinder//R-60

How many Ka-50s was made? Could be just for that reason could get one.

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

What a letdown that would be if thats what ED was launching the hype train about

Its called managing expectations, something the DCS community is very bad in. This hype train you mentioned is nothing more but a product of wishlisters in this thread. If the hype train has already left the station with two single lines of ED saying: 'We are working on a new module that is eagerly awaited and will represent a huge milestone' then there will be only one result: dissappointment.

So can we all get back to agreeing its going to be a Flanker because it was not in the trailer or are we going to continue screaming Apache for a bit? :D

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

I think the key point is "module that is eagerly awaited" , that surely dismisses anything that hasn't been overly anticipated like F22 etc. I dont play multiplayer but isnt the online community asking for full fidelty red team fighter. That aside, I am still in for the Apache.

i9-9900KS, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080Ti, 55" QLED, HP Reverb

So can we all get back to agreeing its going to be a Flanker ...

Really!?!??! So did all those rants of mine paid off :lol:

There's a bunch of these ones recently posted by Russian Ministry of Defense youtube channel, where we can get a few glimpses of the cockpit, but modernized versions.

---------

---------

The old Su-25 cockpit:

And an older video, but SM3 modern version, I think there's one big new MFD on the left:

Except I think it's low chance for fully simulated Su-25 because is that really eager and a milestone, that would be more of an upgrade, I guess more on Su-27 and Su-33, but I know that's a stretch overall this is wild guessing, otherwise I'd be still happy with Su-25SM or so, SM3 probably not since that's latest. Or a Mig-29 ofcourse.

But don't get me wrong, I'm rooting and cheering, but I won't be disappointed whatever it is, it's going to make someone happy, we're going to get to those eventually I hope but it may be harder, if it's AC-130 then holy smokes, it's not like I'm that intolerant that I would need that exact wish.

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

It's beyond me that the most legendary and statistically successful pure fighter of the 70s, 80s, and 90s has never been properly and thoroughly simulated on the PC: I'm looking at you, Albino MSIP Eagle. :smilewink:

Kudos to Lomac and ED for supporting it (though in limited, Flaming Cliffs form) as much as they have.

Edited by wilbur81

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

When was it that we were to know what it is? Q1 or Q2 or even 2020?

It starts to get boring to think all kind fancy modules that would be nice!

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I think the key point is "module that is eagerly awaited" , that surely dismisses anything that hasn't been overly anticipated like F22 etc. I dont play multiplayer but isnt the online community asking for full fidelty red team fighter. That aside, I am still in for the Apache.

Aircrafts like the F-22 were eagerly awaited by those who believed that their data will become available at some point.

I don’t know how ED modeled bort number 24 based of a real example then:D

Oh come on! :D . Bort numbers do not indicate directly the number of aircraft built - especially not for prototypes ones.

E.g the initial version of the MiG-29K was made in two prototypes - bort #311 and 312, for which the first two digits "31" indicate the variant(9.31) and the last digit the first and second one built....i.e. 9.31-1 and 9.31 -2 respectively.

So doesn't mean there were 312 made :) .

Another example was with the pre-production Su-33s - IIRC these were numbered 37, 39, 59, 69,79, 89, 99 and 109.

Oh come on! :D . Bort numbers do not indicate directly the number of aircraft built - especially not for prototypes ones.

E.g the initial version of the MiG-29K was made in two prototypes - bort #311 and 312, for which the first two digits "31" indicate the variant(9.31) and the last digit the first and second one built....i.e. 9.31-1 and 9.31 -2 respectively.

So doesn't mean there were 312 made :) .

Another example was with the pre-production Su-33s - IIRC these were numbered 37, 39, 59, 69,79, 89, 99 and 109.

Ouch you really got me! I should’ve expected that

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

Ouch you really got me! I should’ve expected that

I don't know what(if anything) the Ka-50 borts denote or even exactly how many were built. But as far as I recall it was something like 10 or 12, which would also be in line with the typical number for a test batch.

I don't know what(if anything) the Ka-50 borts denote or even exactly how many were built. But as far as I recall it was something like 10 or 12, which would also be in line with the typical number for a test batch.

Well the first one was 010. It seems everyone is sure that 12 were made by 1994, there were further orders but most places seem to say they can’t 100% sure any were delivered past those 12 despite further orders.

I spent most of my time looking here http://www.aviastar.org/helicopters_eng/ka-50.php

“Four for Russian Army service trials, plus eight flying prototype and pre-series helicopters; all delivered. Further 10 ordered in 1997 budget and six in 1998, of which first three were due for delivery before end of 1998; initial helicopter eventually completed in June 1999, two more being due by mid-2000. By early 2003, it was still unclear if helicopters from the first batch of 10 had been delivered to Army Aviation. Two operational Ka-50s shown at Moscow Salon in August 2001 may have been repainted trials aircraft.”

“ Further army evaluation followed when first two of four production Ka-50s were funded in 1994 and officially accepted on 28 August 1995; third and fourth received in 1996; these four numbered 20 to 23 (prompting pre-series 021 to be renumbered 024 to avoid confusion). Arsenyev production was to have increased to one per month during 1997, but this did not occur. The original Ka-50 (and rival Mi-28A) were overtaken by the issue of a revised requirement which emphasised night capability - favouring the two-seat Mi-28. The initial order for 15 Ka-50s was reportedly cancelled in September 1998, with procurement postponed until 2003.”

I’m overdue for some Shark time, can’t wait for the new pit, a lot of people would be happy if this new plane ended up being Ka-52, I mean they’re already making president-s, ground radar and FLIR API, it would fit

Sorry Teknetium I was wrong, shouldn’t have trusted the first number I saw online. I love the Terminator all the same, always wondered why even Su-35BM didn’t run with the rear radar idea, the tail stinger is perfect for a R-77 seeker

Edited by AeriaGloria

an Unmanned aircraft module perhaps :D

Not something that most people consider, but it would be a milestone as its never been done before, and also take advantage of new upcoming technologies like A/G radar, FLIR.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

After binging this whole thread in the past few days, it seems to me that a full-fidelity redfor jet is the thing by far most eagerly awaited, and "we have resolved the legal issues that prevented it" would certainly constitute a milestone.

In fact I'm having a very hard time imagining what else would meet BOTH criteria. The Apache seems to be the second-most wanted aircraft--going by this thread, at least--but I don't see how it would constitute a milestone with one attack helo already available and another well on the way. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it also doesn't meet the third criteria, that it be something not already announced.

I can think of a couple other things that would qualify as a milestone, but none that I've seen a lot of people clamoring for--drones, for instance, as Kev2go mentioned. And plenty of aircraft that a lot of fans want, but I can't see them as milestones. For instance, with the F-14 already available, what about the F-111 would be a milestone? Or the F-4, for that matter? Unless you broaden the definition of "milestone" until any new aircraft qualifies.

Am I missing something? What else would be "eagerly awaited", "a huge milestone", "brain-melting", and not previously announced?