Bonus System

Greb

The bonus system is to save money, buying things cheaper out of sales and offers.

Nothing else.

IMHO of course.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Hi guys, in the personal section of my profile , it says I have $16 in the Internal account. However when I go to purchase the harrier or the persian gulf map the $16 is not being taken off the price. Am I missing something.

Win11 64bit, AMD Ryzen 58003DX, GeForce 3070 8GB, 2TB SSD, 64GB DDR4 RAM at 3200MHz _ full 1:1 FA-18C Cockpit https://www.youtube.com/@TheHornetProject

Your answer is here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=209408

Bonus system doesn't work atm. due to a serious reconstruction of it.

To use the bonus amount well have to wait until the reconstruction is done and the system up again.

I had the same problem buying the Gulf Map today, they canceled the order immediately and refunded it. ( every order made with the bonus system is cancelled they told me).

So go into your account on the ED website and look at the status of your order.(think you will see order status cancelled there)

Otherwise open a ticket in the support section/user support on the website.

Hope that will help you GL.

Barracuda

Same happened to me today. Ordered the the Persian Gulf map, the payment was waiting for an hour. Opened a ticket and soon after they cancelled the order. Maybe a warning about the bonus system not working before you place an order would be a good idea.

The bonus system is to save money, buying things cheaper out of sales and offers.

Nothing else.

IMHO of course.

If someone owns every ED module already, and $145 bonus points are available to use but those points can't be used to pay for new modules, then what is the purpose of bonus points in this circumstance?

There is ZERO money "saved" and doesn't make the products any cheaper.

If ED is going to have a loyalty system with bonus points, then bonus points should be usable towards any purchase.

As it stands currently (at least prior to reconstruction of the system), "bonus points" are more of a gimmick than anything valuable.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You can use bonus points on new modules when at full price.

Like tomorrow with the Hornet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

You can use bonus points on new modules when at full price.

Like tomorrow with the Hornet

I already bought the Hornet with the pre-sale. :doh:

Again, as I said in my earlier comment, the bonus points are useless if I can't use them towards all purchases.

If I wait until the Hornet leaves pre-sale so it goes to full-price, I lose the pre-sale discount advantage and also lose out on accruing additional bonus money that comes with pre-sale purchase.

It's pretty clear that the bonus system is more of an accounting "gimmick" and shell game to trick purchasers into thinking their loyalty will be rewarded.

I have over $140 in bonus money, and I can't use any of it unless it's a campaign, and even then it's only for a small fraction of that price. Modules can't be purchased with bonus money unless it's "full price" which negates the benefit of the bonus money.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I´ve used my bonus points multiple times so for me is not useless at all.

Is another way to save money out of sales periods or early access products.

If finally ED changes the bonus system it will be ok for me, but right now is ANOTHER way to save money.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I´ve used my bonus points multiple times so for me is not useless at all.

Is another way to save money out of sales periods or early access products.

If finally ED changes the bonus system it will be ok for me, but right now is ANOTHER way to save money.

I've tried but have been unable to use my bonus money on any new modules.

I've saved no money with the bonus money, and bonus money use won't convince me to wait for a presale to end just so I can use bonus money, especially because the discounts are bigger for presales.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

I've used bonus points to buy also, at the end of the day if you don't think it works don't use it, it is completely optional.

When I get news about the current bonus rework / issue I will pass it on, but I have no news yet.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I've used bonus points to buy also, at the end of the day if you don't think it works don't use it, it is completely optional.

When I get news about the current bonus rework / issue I will pass it on, but I have no news yet.

I don't think you understand what I'm saying.

I own every module already. The only modules I haven't bought yet are modules that haven't been available for sale yet. When those modules become available for presale, my bonus money can't be used towards purchasing these modules because it's considered a "discount".

So, to make it "work" as you say, I should wait for the presale to end so I can use bonus money, but in the end not save any money because I'm still paying the same for a module?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
I don't think you understand what I'm saying.

I own every module already. The only modules I haven't bought yet are modules that haven't been available for sale yet. When those modules become available for presale, my bonus money can't be used towards purchasing these modules because it's considered a "discount".

So, to make it "work" as you say, I should wait for the presale to end so I can use bonus money, but in the end not save any money because I'm still paying the same for a module?

Correct you need to wait for a presale to end. Bonus can only be used on full price modules. Those are the rules.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

I am sorry I do not know, it maybe best to open a support ticket or live chat.

Maximizing Bonus...

As I see it, the bonus system provides the greatest benefit to someone new to DCS who intends on filling their new virtual hanger with a lot of aircraft, terrains, and campaigns. The key is try to lay the foundation for a 9-product order to get the 60% (!) TRIPLE bonus, vs the 20% for single purchases. Campaigns are the cheapest products and there are a lot of them. At $10 a crack, you'd spend $90 to maximize the bonus and get $54 towards a future purchase. However, there are a couple of caveats.

First off, to purchase a campaign you must already own the associated aircraft module. In many instances, you must also own a specific terrain module. Secondly, outside of bonus-related specials, bonus $'s can only be applied to a maximum of 30% of the cost of a future purchase. As someone who owned only one DCS product (snagged Hornet for 25% off +$16 bonus), I decided to focus on western 4th-gen planes plus associated campaigns.

I made a limited purchase of aircraft to fulfill the campaign-purchase-prerequisites; i.e. A-10C and F-15. The cost was $75 which returned an $18.75 bonus and opened up 7(!) campaigns for the next purchase. Those 7 campaigns (6 A-10C, 1 F-15) cost $70 and returned a 50% bonus ($35). If I'd added Nevada to the first post-Hornet buy, I could have added another few campaigns and reached the 60% max. bonus. ;-)

So now Saint has invested $205 in 3 jets and 7 campaigns...and has a $70 bonus credit. As it can't be applied to sale items and can only normally knock 30% off a new purchase, I'll wait and hope another bonus-promotion comes along. Worst case, I'll save 30% on Harrier, Persian Gulf, etc when I have another moment of DCS weakness. :-)

Based on how much I've spent in past decades on flight sims and the current depth and quality of DCS, I'm content that the cost has been (and will be) more than fair...

Edited by Saintan

Wayne Saint

Gander, Newfoundland, Canada

"Do Unto Others BEFORE They Do Unto You..."

Apache, Comanche, Falcon, Hind, Intruder, Lightning II

Nighthawk, Rafale, Raptor, Strike Eagle, Tornado, Typhoon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 9 months later...
This bonus system is useless, they should remove it...

+1.000.000 In the end I won't buy the F-14

PC: i7-13700K - MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X Trio - 32GB DDR5 6200 - VPC MongoosT-50CM3 - VKB GF pro - MFG Crosswind - Msi MPG321UR-QD + Acer XB271HU - TrackIR5 - Rift S

So based on what I have read here, I cannot buy the F-14 with my bonuses?

I know the DCS rules regarding the use of bonuses and NEW aircraft, it says bonuses cannot be used in those cases. Is this why people are saying that they cannot use their bonuses on the F-14? But where does it say anywhere on the DCS site that the F-14 is NEW and therefore bonuses cannot be used?

On top of that, if you go to the following site, the F-14 purchase button is still Pre-Purchase. https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/products/planes/

Click on this link and it says that it is $79.99.

Edited by Tango777

i7-13700F - 32GB DDR5 RAM - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060Ti 16GB - 2TB NVMe SSD - Windows 11

Held back on pre purchase and waited for the release of the F-14 to use some of my large collection of bonus. Considering i've spent full price on so many modules I thought it'd be a good opportunity to use some and save a few dollar. But no bonus is not available on the F14 so i've now been suckered and have got to pay 79.99 instead of the 69.99 I would normally have paid for pre release.

Edited by Frostie

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Yep, $44.00 in Bonus points and can't use them!!!

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir