Invalid Serial Number in MP

SimHog

You said

DCS world have no SF activation/deactivation. Which product did you mean?

Let me try to clarify a bit on how it works to see if we have some misunderstandings.

Cleanup:

- Make sure you cleaned out \Saved Games\Config\network.vault since it contains some data for MP.

- Uninstall / remove the previous installation.

Install:

- DCS World, free - install first.

- 1 of <Any Module>, install next.

- Test with the MP, make sure you use the DCS web buyer account (hereby called 'Account1')

- install the next <module>

- Test again, still using Account1

- Install and test the last <module>, and test again.

Accounts:

All modules must be under the ownership of 'Account1'.

If one of the modules is not under Account1 ownership, leave it alone and send a support ticket to get it merged over to 'Account1'.

I am having the same issue.

I pre-purchased P-51 which gave me DCS World. Already owned A10 and BS2 so both were modules in that version of World. Everything worked as advertised.

Today I uninstalled that version of World and then installed World 1.2.0. Installed 1.2.0 versions of all the modules, and also bought Combined Arms. Installed that module as well. I have been messing around with stuff in single player all day and editing old missions. When I tried multiplayer I received the "invalid serial number." Did a search, found this thread, and tried everything you have mentioned here.

I still get this invalid serial number. Anything else I can try?

Its a restriction with DCS World and owning multiple modules - you need to log on to DCS MP login with the account you bought the Serials.

So basicly, with DCS World:

- When you install and activate, use the serials which is linked to your DCS-buyer account.

- When you log on to MP, make sure all the serials exist on 1 account.

What will fail:

- Having 2 buyer accounts, and serials mixed from them both - trying to use them on *one* DCS MP login.

If you need to clean up a little bit - and use the new serials:

- Start MP while holding shift. This will give you the SF-activation windows. You can now replace the serial numbers.

Alt2: Using registry editor, remove the keys from "HCKU\Software\Eagle Dynamics". Reactivation will occur the next time you start MP (or press fly for SP).

- You may have to delete \Saved Games\Config\network.vault

You may have to perform all of these steps at the same time - so the first MP login is using the fresh activation and creating a new network.vault for you.

I did have one such issue at a stage with the BS2 fullversion keys, so I did just that and it solved my problems, yes.

May I suggest that you:

- Clean out all the old keys from registry (yes, it'll cost a bit of activations).

- Clean out the network.vault.

- Remove DCS world (or simply rename it)

- Install DCS World

- Install the BS2 module only

- Activate and login MP to test.

This forces you to use 1 BS2 key only, and this should work, otherwise there's going to be some serious problem to fix.

Later, when all is good - you can start adding more modules again - 1 by 1.

PS, I'm moving your post over to DCS world so more of us can monitor it.

I am having the same issue.

I pre-purchased P-51 which gave me DCS World. Already owned A10 and BS2 so both were modules in that version of World. Everything worked as advertised.

Today I uninstalled that version of World and then installed World 1.2.0. Installed 1.2.0 versions of all the modules, and also bought Combined Arms. Installed that module as well. I have been messing around with stuff in single player all day and editing old missions. When I tried multiplayer I received the "invalid serial number." Did a search, found this thread, and tried everything you have mentioned here.

I still get this invalid serial number. Anything else I can try?

You did understand that all need to be on the same account?

Then go 1 by 1 module to find which one works - and which one of them you get the Error and needs to be fixed.

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

You said

DCS world have no SF activation/deactivation. Which product did you mean?

Let me try to clarify a bit on how it works to see if we have some misunderstandings.

Cleanup:

- Make sure you cleaned out \Saved Games\Config\network.vault since it contains some data for MP.

- Uninstall / remove the previous installation.

Install:

- DCS World, free - install first.

- 1 of <Any Module>, install next.

- Test with the MP, make sure you use the DCS web buyer account (hereby called 'Account1')

- install the next <module>

- Test again, still using Account1

- Install and test the last <module>, and test again.

Accounts:

All modules must be under the ownership of 'Account1'.

If one of the modules is not under Account1 ownership, leave it alone and send a support ticket to get it merged over to 'Account1'.

I tried that. After installing Combined Arms fresh on DCS World, the login worked. After adding A10 module for DCS world, I now get the same MP invalid key error..I wonder how can that be possible when I have both DCS: Warthog and CA purchased on the same account?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

I tried that. After installing Combined Arms fresh on DCS World, the login worked. After adding A10 module for DCS world, I now get the same MP invalid key error..I wonder how can that be possible when I have both DCS: Warthog and CA purchased on the same account?

Yes, I understand the same account dynamic.

After much testing myself with much installing and uninstalling, I can confirm this. Every module works fine until I install A10. Regardless of the order of installation A10 and CA don't like each other.

Yes, I understand the same account dynamic.

After much testing myself with much installing and uninstalling, I can confirm this. Every module works fine until I install A10. Regardless of the order of installation A10 and CA don't like each other.

Okai, 2 incidents of DCS:A10C

It's seems so obvious - yet it may not be so.

- It should be that CA & A10C is not on the same DCS-buyer accounts.

- You both say they are on the same account.

Let's go through the full procedure to make sure you have the correct serials linked to the MP. No need for reinstalling, however we'll reactivate with the correct keys. Hopefully.

-----------------------------------------

Preparation

1. Remove the \Saved Games\Config\network.vault

Checking the serial number

2. Log on with your buyer account to the A10C Warthog site: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?end_pos=1322&scr=shop&lang=en

3. Left menu, payments, check your purchases.

Get the serials for both CA + A10 there,

4. copy and paste to notepad and keep them ready for the next task.

Activating with the S/N

5. Start DCS World MP and hold SHIFT while it's loading.

It will ask for activation.

6. Paste the CA / A10 serial and activate.

7. KEEP HOLDING SHIFT until MP is completely loaded. Keep activating.

8. When MP is ready, log in to DCS MP with the buyer account from step 2.

Now this should ensure that everything is 100% correct regarding S/N, activation and linking it the the correct MP account.

If the problem persists after this, then it's a serious problem we need to escalate to ED.

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

I have same issue. Previous version worked without problems (after giving USSR_Rik's registry tip).

In this version nothing works at all...

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

I have same issue. Previous version worked without problems (after giving USSR_Rik's registry tip).

In this version nothing works at all...

You didn't even followup your own thread? :)

I did have some specific questions for you there.

Ooo In my modified "Search button" it didn't show up O_o

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Thanks for the help Panzertard.

I have already done this, but for good measure I completed this process 3 more times to make sure. I even deactivated every serial number, restarted computer, and activated them all again. It still gives me invalid serial number message. All the serial numbers are correct and on the same purchase account from digitalcombatsimulator.

When I get more time today I will be uninstalling, rebooting, reinstalling on a different SSD, and going through this process again. I will update this thread after doing so.

Is there any reason it should matter or is there a preferred order I should install the modules?

I have already done this, but for good measure I completed this process 3 more times to make sure. I even deactivated every serial number, restarted computer, and activated them all again. It still gives me invalid serial number message. All the serial numbers are correct and on the same purchase account from digitalcombatsimulator.

When I get more time today I will be uninstalling, rebooting, reinstalling on a different SSD, and going through this process again. I will update this thread after doing so.

Is there any reason it should matter or is there a preferred order I should install the modules?

The only other reason we have discovered so far may be that you may not be able to mix RU/EN license keys.

Order shouldn't matter - but a clean install, and testing with different orders (1 by 1 product) may help understand the matter better.

I'm out of ideas with your case as well then, I suggest you contact ED Support to see if they can figure out where the problem is.

Sorry.

Uninstalled World. Deleted world folder in user/name/saved games. Deleted the keys from the registry. Reboot. Installed World to different SSD. Installed modules 1 by 1 in different orders and tested MP after each install.

All modules work until I install the A10 module. Once the A10 module is installed I receive the "Invalid serial key" message when logging into MP.

...for now I can't play A10 in World. I hope this helps resolve these issues for people in an upcoming patch.

I filed a support ticket, it's been over a day now and still no response. I have a feeling this is a global bug and it's affecting everyone with DCS Warthog module (or at least fair number of people).

I have both Warthog AND Combined Arms (both english download versions) on one account and for whatever reason, A10C module screws up the MP login..

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

Same issue here. I have every mod installed in DCS World (A10C, Ka50, CA and P51). I can't login MP - Invalid Serial Number but activation gone well. It is fresh install of DCSW. I have just uninstalled old standalone A-10C version. Everything is on one account and every mod is english version.

Edited by Poko24

I've been given info Russian serials will not work for DCS:World.

That in previous version they worked was wrong and it's been corrected in this release.

I will not comment what I think about this.

ಠ_ಠ

Invalid Serial Number bug

I have similar problems to other posters here. I have bought all the products over the years and for various reasons I have two user accounts at DCS.

I get the 'INVALID SERIAL NUMBER' when logging into the latest (1.2.0) install for MP. I am pretty sure I used only one account for the purchases but am not sure. It would appear that I didn't.

So:

On the PAYMENTS page for one account I can see the serials for CA, P51D and BS2 Upgrade

On the PAYMENTS page for the other account I see nothing at all.

There appears to be no record of my purchase of A10C nor pof Black Shark (the first version)

I noted this thread and rather than go hacking about in the Registry and deleting 'Saved Games' etc I have entered a support ticket with a request to link all the serial numbers for the products to one account and now await a reply.

It seems strange to me that there is a need for the purchasing account to be linked to the MP funcionality but if that is how ED want to do it then so be it but they must ensure that if I have paid for a product that I can use it.

In anticipation of enjoying the latest fruits of DCS World!

Zap!

Support ticket sent :)

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There appears to be no record of my purchase of A10C nor pof Black Shark (the first version)

I also purchased BS1 some time ago and it's now missing from my Payments list..I just don't know where to start first..wait for the MP fix and only afterwards pursue this second issue..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

I have the same problem with 2 accounts.

I purchased BS2 (full version) under a different account than A10 (2 copies as 1 is for a server), P51, and CA.

If I install BS2 I get the invalid serial message, if I deactivate BS2 I can log into MP fine.

Guess a support ticket is in order to merge the accounts? Has anyone had success with ED about getting this done?

I seem to remember someone saying ED's response was sort of a negative on that happening and they were told to buy it under the account they wanted to use it.

I may be wrong here but would like to hear someone say that their multiple accounts were merged.

Intel i7-3770K,Windows 10 64,Noctua NH-U12S ,ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ,G.Skill 32GB DDR3 2400,EVGA GTX 1080,ADATA XPG900x2 RAID 0, CM HAF XB Case,Thrustmaster Warthog,Combat Rudder Pedals,Logitech G930 with wireless TrackIR 5, 39" Insignia LED 120Hz Monitor, Oculus Rift

Who have purchases on different website accounts and receive "Invalid Serial Number" during logining in multiplayer, please try the following:

The matter shortly. It's necessary to have serial numbers for all installed modules on one account to be able to login successfully. By account I mean a website account. Master server shares user data base with the website.

1. You have activated all installed modules in singleplayer.

2. Unbind serial numbers of the installed modules on the following page:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/myserials.php

You need to login on the website with one account, copy-paste the provided link into web browser, unbind serial numbers listed. Repeat again but with another account.

This solution is under investigation. So don't count on it much.

929d768ca6a69127d1f9c61ea94c02e8.gif [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] =653=Tez

I've been given info Russian serials will not work for DCS:World.

That in previous version they worked was wrong and it's been corrected in this release.

I will not comment what I think about this.

You exaggerate.

Russian DCS World will work with Russian localizations. English and all other language versions work together. Russian is on a side just because it costs less.

929d768ca6a69127d1f9c61ea94c02e8.gif [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] =653=Tez

Who have purchases on different website accounts and receive "Invalid Serial Number" during logining in multiplayer, please try the following:

The matter shortly. It's necessary to have serial numbers for all installed modules on one account to be able to login successfully. By account I mean a website account. Master server shares user data base with the website.

1. You have activated all installed modules in singleplayer.

2. Unbind serial numbers of the installed modules on the following page:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/myserials.php

You need to login on the website with one account, copy-paste the provided link into web browser, unbind serial numbers listed. Repeat again but with another account.

This solution is under investigation. So don't count on it much.

This worked for me. Just unbound my A10-C serial number as it was the only one shown as purchased with the second ED account and started DCS WOrld .. all good!

Thansk All.

Cheers,

Zap