WH Throttle issue and the A10-C default profile

I have been running the TM WH throttle with the A10C default key/button settings for over 2 years with no issues. I have had some computer issues so tonight when I tried to land, the gear commands would not work on the boat switch. I went into the controls in DCS and to my amazement, there were double entries for the boat switch aft and forward. Sort of like this

Hotas Command key assignment button

boat aft RAlt+Down blank

boat aft blank Button 10

The same occurs on boat forward and 2 other buttons.

The problem is that I cannot get into the button column in the first row, but can get into the button row in the second row but cannot get into the key assignment column.

I have deleted all joystick/throttle assignments in saved games and also in mods, aircraft, a10c, input, a10c, joystick and then ran a repair and the same thing occurs.

I also cannot find a hotas command for mic-push (button 5) and for lock target (button 1).

I am just about ready to give up and take up knitting.

PS. If I decide to uninstall and reinstall, what is the procedure as I have lots of other modules?

Edited by sobe
last line

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

I have been running the TM WH throttle with the A10C default key/button settings for over 2 years with no issues. I have had some computer issues so tonight when I tried to land, the gear commands would not work on the boat switch.

Hmh, gear commands where never assigned to the boat switch in the first place. Only button on the throttle having to do with landing gear is the "gear warning silencer"

I went into the controls in DCS and to my amazement, there were double entries for the boat switch aft and forward. Sort of like this

Hotas Command key assignment button

boat aft RAlt+Down blank

boat aft blank Button 10

The same occurs on boat forward and 2 other buttons.

This is bad and points to a broken lua for the throttle.

The problem is that I cannot get into the button column in the first row, but can get into the button row in the second row but cannot get into the key assignment column.

I have deleted all joystick/throttle assignments in saved games and also in mods, aircraft, a10c, input, a10c, joystick and then ran a repair and the same thing occurs.

That should have fixed it. To be able to help you further, more info is needed:

What does Windows calibration tell you about the throttle, do all the buttons work as they should?

Do you use TARGET?

Are you flying in sim or game mode?

Could you post a screenshot of the button assignment screen?

I also cannot find a hotas command for mic-push (button 5) and for lock target (button 1).

These buttons are unassigned in the A-10C, so you can use them for what you want. Recenter Track-IR, for instance.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Lock Target Button 1...?? As far as I know, button 1 is the first stage trigger, which is used for PAC..?? Button 5 is Master Mode.

Seems something is rather screwed up with assignments. I would

- remove the TM warthog (so remove both usb adapters),

- uninstall driver

- reboot

- start DCS

- check if categories are totally clear (so no more TM WH columns),

- exit DCS

- install drivers and at the point where the program asks to,

- insert the usb connectors again.

TM Warthog functions right out of the box, with only one difference: if you have a TrackIr, you have to remap the trim function on the POV1 button. Otherwise its mapped, out of the box, as view button.

Edited by GurbY

Lock Target Button 1...?? As far as I know, button 1 is the first stage trigger, which is used for PAC..??

He's talking about Button 1 on the throttle.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

screenshot of the problem

I am just using the default lua that came with the game and am using the sim version. The throttle was calibrated using both the target and windows calibration and both were ok.

see the screenshot

the boat switch does not operate the gear handle, that was my error, but there is still a problem with the boat switch.

Untitled.jpg.093a862ac767fe720579e7fabc5bc005.jpg

Edited by sobe
last line

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Can you close the CH Manager and disconnect any other input device except the keyboard and mouse and check if the problem persists?

I uninstalled everything and then reinstalled DCS and all the modules and all seems to be well.