Which data are lacking to proceed with the EFA?

Look, if I had placed two Boeing 373-800s on a runway in FSX, one is the stock 737 and the other one is PMDG 737 slash the 800,.. It wouldn’t make any diference to a novice, but to a flyer it makes the whole world of difference.

Edited by monotwix

I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.

Look, if I had placed two Boeing 373-800s on a runway in FSX, one is the stoke 737 and the other one is PMDG 737 slash the 800,.. It wouldn’t make any diference to a novice, but to a flyer it makes the whole world of difference.

Confusing! My brain is hurting. What is the context of your post?

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

Confusing! My brain is hurting. What is the context of your post?

Actually those posts were supposed to be in the HAWK thread, I placed them hear by mistake.

Which part of your brain is hurting left or right?

It’s confusing beyond belief, don’t read this any further…… and no news papers.

• Like 1

I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.

Hogphoon maybe ;)

Guys, there are certain things going on that I can't divulge that will allow us to have access to information. But also bear in mind that certain functions of both aircraft will not be available to the general public, as has been discussed before.

And I've said many times before that a sub-standard product will never be released by VEAO.

Hogphoon maybe ;)

Guys, there are certain things going on that I can't divulge that will allow us to have access to information. But also bear in mind that certain functions of both aircraft will not be available to the general public, as has been discussed before.

And I've said many times before that a sub-standard product will never be released by VEAO.

:thumbup: I've got faith in you and your team!

If you guys can model VTAS without people needing 3rd party software like VAC I'll be sold. I'll let you off when it comes to DASS though. ;)

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Hmm VTAS is going to be a tricky one, but is on our internal wish list.

I had software installed (forget which it is now) that gave me VTAS on our FC2 Typhoon.

For anyone not understanding VTAS, it's Voice, Throttle And Stick.

Certain Tiffy commands can be carried out by voice commands.

• 2 weeks later...
Hogphoon maybe ;)

A hogphoon sounds cool for me.

I will buy two of them. :thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...
Hmm VTAS is going to be a tricky one, but is on our internal wish list.

I had software installed (forget which it is now) that gave me VTAS on our FC2 Typhoon.

For anyone not understanding VTAS, it's Voice, Throttle And Stick.

Certain Tiffy commands can be carried out by voice commands.

http://typhoon.starstreak.net/Eurofighter/cockpit.html

VTAS (HOTAS and DVI)

Key to the level of integration and automation seen in the cockpit is the combination of Direct Voice Input (DVI, also known as Direct Voice Control, or DVC) and Hands On Throttle And Stick (HOTAS). Both of these systems are combined to give what is now known as VTAS or Voice, Throttle And Stick.

Direct Voice Input - DVI

DVI, Direct Voice Input is one of the key cockpit systems in the Typhoon. The module, provided by Smiths Industries of the UK forms part of the aircraft's integrated, CAMU supplied by CDC also of Britain. The first module was delivered by Smiths to CDC in May ready for integration into the first CAMU subsystem now under construction. DVI will be available in the first IPA series due in August 2001.

The speech recognition module allows for connected word voice recognition. Since the system needs to cope with a noisy in-flight environment as well as high-g stresses (effecting the pilots voice and speech) a robust system was required. To this end the unit incorporates various speech recognition algorithms including Markov pattern matching and newer neural-net techniques. The resulting system has a vocabulary of some 200 words, a response time of around 200ms and a recognition capability in excess of 95%. Each aircraft will have to be trained to recognise the voice of its pilot. This task will be achieved via a Ground Support Station (GSS) with the data transferred to the Eurofighter's on-board systems via a Smiths supplied Mission Data Loader.

DVI allows for voice control of some 26 non-critical systems such as radar mode switching, display switching, navigation tasking, etc. Combined with HOTAS the DVI system will remove the need for a pilot to look down at the displays in the majority of situations. In turn this should reduce pilot workload increasing platform effectiveness.

Hands On Throttle And Stick - HOTAS

HOTAS enhances the situation even further by incorporating 24 programmable buttons on the throttle and stick (12 on each). These buttons would be programmed to carry functions relating to both defence and offence, e.g. switching of DASS modes, weapon systems, MAS, return to level flight, etc. In addition the control column incorporates a pointer device for moving a cursor around each of the Head Down Displays.

[sIGPIC]index.php?action=dlattach;topic=17112.0;attach=7646;image[/sIGPIC]

www.36stormovirtuale.net

It should be, it has an integral iPhone connector cable in the cockpit.

you just press the little button at the bottom of your iPhone for a few seconds and wait for the two beeps then say "missile launch"

..."Which missile would you like?"

"Maverick"

..."I'm sorry, I don't rcognise that command, please try again"

"Sidewinder"

..."Calling Mandy"

• Like 1

..."I'm sorry, I don't rcognise that command, please try again"

An Android phone will fix that for you. :P

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: