Sending AI air unit to different waypoints using comms menu?

Deano87

Hey guys...

I've done a search of this forum and found nothing on this subject.

I'm just wondering if any of the scripting/ME gurus out there could point me in the right direction with this one.

Problem: KC 135 in online sandbox mission is too fast for A-10s and any slower would be difficult for F-15s and upcoming F-16.

Hypothetical solution: Set waypoint 3 as orbit with A-10 suitable speed. Set waypoint 4 as orbit with F-15 suitable speed.

Using a radio "Other" menu option tell said AI unit to either go to waypoint 3 or waypoint 4 depending on what speed tanker is desired.

Example of intended user experiance:

So for instance A-10 is on way to tanker, opens comms menu, hits other, and then selects "Tanker A-10 speed" which essentially just commands the unit to go to waypoint 3, when the tanker gets to waypoint 3 it executes the waypoint order which is to orbit at whatever speed we decide suits the A-10. A-10 reaches tanker and tanks successfully, everybody's happy.

In my mind I can't see any reason why this wouldn't work, providing there is an option to be able to command units to go to a certain waypoint using the mission editor. Which is the part I'm not sure about.

Obviously I could just have 2 tankers but IRL they do adjust speed depending on what aircraft they are tanking so I just think this solution would be somewhat more elegant and also more realistic.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

D

Edited by Deano87

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

I was actually going to work on this once I'm done exams. MOOSE has a lot of methods prebuilt for task handling. I used one to setup a tanker rotation so when a tanker is low on fuel a new tanker starts up, taxi's, takes off and after 10 minutes the tanker that needs to RTB goes off station.

If nobody gives you a quick answer, I will work on this after Tuesday next week. I'm sure there is a way to do this.

If nobody gives you a quick answer, I will work on this after Tuesday next week. I'm sure there is a way to do this.

Just want to say it should be easily doable with Mist / Moose and even the mission editor perhaps. I don't have any code handy unfortunately at the moment.

Create two racetrack orbits at the desired speeds.

Click the triggered actions tab next to the loadout tab and add -> perform command -> switch waypoint

Using RADIO ITEM ADD create options for different speeds

Create a switched condition; when the flag from the radio item is true, use AI TASK PUSH to switch the tankers' waypoint to the appropriate orbit and then reset the flag to off so that radio menu items will work more than once.