[NO BUG] Flight path Indicator on the HUD Issue F18C

Cueball

I have recently switched to the open beta version of DCS World. While doing a cold start (AUTO) from the deck of a carrier. When the start up is complete and I taxi over to the catapult, everything is fine. All that needs to be aligned is aligned. As soon as I launch the flight path indicator shoots off the the left of the HUD and stays there along with all heading readings freeze to 000. The same goes for the lower middle map display (no course rotation at all).

But if I launch the mission with the plane starting hot all works fine.

I have tested this several times with the same results.

I would appreciate any input into fixing this.

I will try this then follow up. I'm sure it will be something as small as this. I just never had this issue before. I am also aware as development progresses there will be more thing we will have to do the won't be setup to be defaulted any longer. I noticed this when I came to arming dumb bombs.

Velocity vector locked after 2.5.4.29004 Open Beta update

DCS 2.5.4.29004

Instant Action, Caucuses, Cold Start

After AutoStart, taxi to runway and takeoff, velocity vector is locked in position at about 1 degree above level flight and does not traverse the pitch ladder when climbing or diving. Screen shot attached showing the position of the velocity vector - it never changes from this position relative to the pitch ladder.

Screen_190328_224401.thumb.png.9c99aa582e66dd5736ea5992899a8d28.png

System Specs:

Win 10 x64 Pro, ASUS Maximus X Formula, i9-9900K @ 4.7 GHz, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 MHz, NZXT Kraken X73 AIO Cooler, Titan X Pascal GPU, EVGA Supernova 1000W P2 PSU, C: 1TB Samsung 960 Pro m.2 PCIe SSD, D: 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SATA SSD, HT Omega Claro PCIe 7.1 Sound, Denon AVR-1709 7.1 Receiver, 46" Sharp Aquos Quattron Main Screen, 27" Acer T272HL TouchScreen + Helios, TrackIR 5, ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog, Crosswinds pedals, SimShaker

Didn't try a normal cold start since I haven't dug into the procedure that deeply yet, on my to do list. But I can tell you it does not occur in the free flight Instant Action mission. Based on that, it does seem to be possibly related to a change in the AutoStart procedure.

I didn't include a track file because I didn't think ED would want the entire track of the AutoStart. But if ED would like a track file, I'll be happy to record one showing the behavior.

Edit: added track file. You'll notice that I updated to hotfix 2.5.4.29079 to see if that would fix the issue (it did not) but this started with DCS 2.5.4.29004.

Velocity vector issue.trk

Edited by GeneralDynamics

System Specs:

Win 10 x64 Pro, ASUS Maximus X Formula, i9-9900K @ 4.7 GHz, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 MHz, NZXT Kraken X73 AIO Cooler, Titan X Pascal GPU, EVGA Supernova 1000W P2 PSU, C: 1TB Samsung 960 Pro m.2 PCIe SSD, D: 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SATA SSD, HT Omega Claro PCIe 7.1 Sound, Denon AVR-1709 7.1 Receiver, 46" Sharp Aquos Quattron Main Screen, 27" Acer T272HL TouchScreen + Helios, TrackIR 5, ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog, Crosswinds pedals, SimShaker

Currently you must set INS knob to NAV manually after auto start INS alignment: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=237364

I just finished testing this. Discwalker is correct the INS knob stayed in the CV setting after the auto start was complete. So I turned the knob to NAV and HUD and map switched to the proper headings. In an attempt to see if when the INS needed to be in NAV mode I turned it back to CV then launched from the carrier. This time the flight path indicator shot to the right and the heading were stuck at roughly 170 degrees which was the heading it switched to after turning it to NAV. I took off and switched it to NAV and it did nothing. Both heading and FPI were still stuck.

Next test determined that the INS knob MUST be switched to NAV before moving the aircraft. As soon as the auto-start was complete I switched the INS to NAV and left it alone. I launched and all was fine and working.

So lesson learned and thank you all for your feed back. Unless the devs change this in the auto-start feature remember this if cold starting the F-18C. TURN the INS to NAV prior to moving the plane. If you start the mission with a hot plane you will be fine.

RAMSAY: I don't have the TRACK files I looked for then and it was just 3 old ones from 2018.

Edited by Cueball

I can confirm that setting the INS knob to NAV after AutoStart completes also resolved my issue. Thanks! If anyone is interested in seeing the behavior after taking off with the INS knob in the GND position, I added a track to my post on the previous page.

Edited by GeneralDynamics

System Specs:

(Possible Bug) - Compass stuck on take off, if starting cold and dark

F/A-18C, spawned cold and dark on the ground. Got the aircraft loaded, manual start, compass working during taxi. And then stuck as soon as I took off. This includes compass on the HUD, HSI, SA pages... all. HUD is also stuck in updating target boxes on the HUD. Same issue with the HMD. Uses the HUD heading as reference.

Tried again, 3 times with auto-start, and same results. Fully reproducible on my end, testing with a cold ground start. Both in MP and SP.

Started hot on the taxi way, works perfectly fine. Compass working through taxi to take off and beyond. couldn't test in combat due to time constraints

Does someone else also see this issue?

EDIT: v2.5.4.29079

Edited by Wolve03

F/A-18C, spawned cold and dark on the ground. Got the aircraft loaded, manual start, compass working during taxi. And then stuck as soon as I took off. This includes compass on the HUD, HSI, SA pages... all. HUD is also stuck in updating target boxes on the HUD. Same issue with the HMD. Uses the HUD heading as reference.

Tried again, 3 times with auto-start, and same results. Fully reproducible on my end, testing with a cold ground start. Both in MP and SP.

Started hot on the taxi way, works perfectly fine. Compass working through taxi to take off and beyond. couldn't test in combat due to time constraints

Does someone else also see this issue?

EDIT: v2.5.4.29079

Yes, this is happening to me after cold starts on the ground. My HUD velocity vector and compass tape freeze in the manner described by others in this thread. This happens every time now for me from cold starts (have not tried other types of start).

Same here. Cold start, manual, taxi and take off with heading tape stucked in initial heading, HSI and SA page freezed as well. After awhile in the air it got back on track, right heading and support pages working fine.

I'll try to provide a trk file as soon as I'm able.

I also noticed that the INS countdown go a bit crazy, it accelerate during alignment and ends up finishing in about 15 secs or something.

Inviato dal mio Lenovo P2a42 utilizzando Tapatalk

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...