JF17 loadouts

Floydii

we are implementing the engine surge due to missile smoke

once it's done, we will consider modification of loadout (not guaranteed changes)

Does this mean due to smoke from rocket motors fired from the inboard pylons, which currently is not possible, or would this also affect missiles from the outer ones?

ALL HAIL DEKA! :D

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

If you forget to loft and your target is Straight in front of you..... :megalol:

Makes me wonder about the gun. I always thought it’s downward placement had more to do with inconvenient place it is, or perhaps interfering with passive bleed system(I will keep asking if the outlets are the outside of the intakes until I know!), it might be the default .5 second cut off is there not just for over heating and ammo conservation.

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

If you forget to loft and your target is Straight in front of you..... :megalol:

Makes me wonder about the gun. I always thought it’s downward placement had more to do with inconvenient place it is, or perhaps interfering with passive bleed system(I will keep asking if the outlets are the outside of the intakes until I know!), it might be the default .5 second cut off is there not just for over heating and ammo conservation.

Passive bleed system is on the inside of the inlet against the fuselage.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/296739241_Design_of_Bump_inlet_of_thunderJF-17_aircraft

Edited by Tiger-II

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

I have read that paper, however it does not specify the inlet and outlet. There has to be an inlet and outlet with less pressure to draw air through, it makes sense that the grid holes on the DSI bump are the inlet and the grid holes on the outside of the intake are the outlet, as there would be little reason to drain boundary layer air after it has passed the intake lip. In addition the holes on the side of the intake are larger, which would create lower pressure then the inlet holes, and passively draw low pressure air through them

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

• 2 months later...
And if rockets for inner pylons?

This, plus dual-rack 250kg-class bombs (82L/SE/AIR/GBU, Mk20, Type-200), and possibly low smoke yield missiles like the C-701s and PL-5. (Maybe single SD-10/LD-10 too?)

Oh, and a Centerline C-802AK, plus all bombs.