Mirage 2000 NVG Gain Up and Down

Spudknocker

IRL NVG's don't have gain control. Not sure on keybinds for the sim tho.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Hey guys does anyone know if there is a keybind to adjust the NVG gain on the mirage 2000?

Hey Spud, I was looking for the same just the other day in the Mirage - no luck.

Then I remembered a long and protracted thread regarding RL NVG's not having gain etc - that was more drama than information. But suffice to say it looks like Razbam have gone for the 'no variable gain' route. At least the default setting is pretty good, the mission I was on was dark early morning moving into sunrise and the NVG's were usable for quite a while.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Interesting - I used the NVG in the Mirage last night for the first time and thought it was dialed in pretty well without gain control (which I couldn't find binds for).

The adjustable gain is good from a utility standpoint (a bit too good) but I've never seen or used manually adjustable NVG in real life so this feels quite authentic. If it works, good job Razbam, I can finally stop playing with the gain control during night flights.

Devils Canyon i7 4790K @ 4.9GHz |16gb DDR3 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti | Samsung 860 EVO

Thrustmaster Warthog | Virpil WarBRD | Virpil TM-50CM2 Grip | VKB-Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV | Acer X34A (21:9) | Oculus Rift S

A-10C | AJS-37 | AV-8B | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-14A/B | F-5E | KA-50 | L-39 | M-2000C | SA342 | Spitfire LF Mk IX | UH-1H

I've never used the ones in the M2k, just the harrier. I honestly don't mind the adjustable gain in DCS, because they don't really model the various issues with NVG's all that well. IRL the ANVIS-9s have an "auto-gain" (or more technically Bright source protection) which mainly prevents damage to the NVG's when pointed at bright light sources (at which point the NVG turns down the gain, dimming out the rest of the image).

Manually adjustable gain NVG's are primarily used by ground forces, but even there are several schools of though about how useful the feature really is as most guys just crank them up to max anyway.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Using this file wont delete my keybindings will it?

8700k @5.2ghz delided \ Asus Maxiumus XI code \ RTX 3090 FE \ 32GB DDR4 corsair vengeance RGB @3600 \ 1TB Samsung 960 pro NVME \ 1TB samsung 850evo \ 2TB WD black HDD \ MFG crosswind v2 \  Virpil WARBRD X2 Constellation Alpha L+R and Mongoose CM3 throttle \ ASUSPG348Q 100hz 34 ultrawide 

[/i]https://imgur.com/a/VjNEllM

IRL NVG's don't have gain control. Not sure on keybinds for the sim tho.

Yes they do. I used to buy, sell and repair military night vision devices. Variable gain isn't a common feature, but it does exist.

Read your second post now. Seems like you are familiar with NVG's too.

Edited by Extranajero

---------------------------------------------------------

PC specs:- Intel 386DX, 2mb memory, onboard graphics, 14" 640x480 monitor

Modules owned:- Bachem Natter, Cessna 150, Project Pluto, Sopwith Snipe

Yes they do. I used to buy, sell and repair military night vision devices. Variable gain isn't a common feature, but it does exist.

Read your second post now. Seems like you are familiar with NVG's too.

Very :)

And flight rated ones don't have variable gain by design.

• 2 months later...

I just came back to DCS after a long pause (8 months), I have updated to the latest version and see the nvg binding on the control options. I also asked the crew chief to install it on ramp, but I cant get it to work. I press the key and a message saying “already switching to nvg” or something like that. Any help is appreciated.

How did you guys get NVG working?

I first request Ground Crew to install NVG OK

After start up I want to activate NVG- Press LALT-HOME. I get nothing, no NVG.

So I try Stow/Unstow NVG first. Stowed NVG appear on dash where ECM box used to be.

THen Switch to NVG LALT + HOME. Nothing. No NVG.

Tried the process in flight. No-Go.

Tried [process at night. No-Go.

This is a recurring issue for me in Mirage module. Instructions and keyboard commands do not always function as instructed. It is frustrating.

How did you guys get NVG working?

I first request Ground Crew to install NVG OK

After start up I want to activate NVG- Press LALT-HOME. I get nothing, no NVG.

So I try Stow/Unstow NVG first. Stowed NVG appear on dash where ECM box used to be.

THen Switch to NVG LALT + HOME. Nothing. No NVG.

Tried the process in flight. No-Go.

Tried [process at night. No-Go.

This is a recurring issue for me in Mirage module. Instructions and keyboard commands do not always function as instructed. It is frustrating.

You didn't watch the new cockpit video, did you?

Once they are on the rack in the cockpit, left-click them to put them on your helmet. You can then LALT+HOME.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

The new cockpit video that Decoy put up yesterday.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H