Bug: Training Mission for External Gun Pods

DataX

Hello,

wanted to report a bug. The training mission for der SU25 for the external gun pods seems to be broken. If I start the mission I get back to the main menu screen. Anybody else with that problem?

Greets

Data

The training mission for der SU25 for the external gun pods seems to be broken. If I start the mission I get back to the main menu screen. Anybody else with that problem?

Gun pods training mission for Su-25T? No problems here (apart from aim ;) )

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/709/

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Gun pods training mission for Su-25T? No problems here (apart from aim ;) )

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/709/

Ok, thanks for Your input. On my DCS this mission doesn´t start. Could it be because DCS has german versions of the training missions with german audio files?

I have no problems with the other training missions for the Su25, so this is really weird.

Greets

Data

Sorry, the file is exactly the same for us. The mission contains all the localisations and audio files. I tried to mess around the file a bit but it's clearly something broken in DE version that makes it exit right away.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Ok, thanks for Your input.

On my DCS this mission doesn´t start.

Could it be because DCS has german versions of the training missions with german audio files?

I have no problems with the other training missions for the Su25, so this is really weird.

Looked at your mission in question, there was an incorrect index to the briefing picture that didn't actually exist in the mission file itself (This is only in the DE or german translation and non of the others, this is a common reason for missions quitting out straight after being run.

I have corrected the error, by creating a new picture (using the EN version as I can't find the original picture from older sources, so it will only show English) and renamed it as the original wouldn't import into the Mission editor, filename probably to long.

Here is the corrected mission for you to try, let me know if it works for you, and will try to get it corrected in game properly at a later stage with a correct german tranlation on the text.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7hfaqoygg0hpbhk/10-%20Su-25T%20Gun%20Pods.miz?dl=0

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Hi MadDog,

tested your corrected mission and this one works fine!

I´m glad you found the bug. Must be really hard to keep on with all that old missions and campaigns in different languages. Would be nice if the corrected mission will be part of a future update of DCS for new german players of the SU-25.

Also thanks to draconus for looking into this. Really great community!

Greets

Data