Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50

Cyph3r

I am, feels solid enough so far! Haven't applied max force, but I'm not worried atleast :)

Good to know,thanks! I heard Realsimulator updated the FSSB firmware and everything on the T-50 grip works?

GPU: RTX 4090 - 3,000 MHz core / 12,000 MHz VRAM. 

CPU: 7950X3d - 5.2 GHz X3d, 5.8 GHz secondary / MB: ASUS Crosshair X670E Gene / RAM: G.Skill 48GB 6400 MHz

SSD: Intel Optane P5800X - 800GB

VR: Pimax Crystal

CONTROLS: VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base / VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime Grip / VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / TM Pendular Rudders

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything that works on the warthog base, so no analog brake lever, only a button, but I like it for the hornet and VR!

Yeah for the Hornet at least, one really does not need the axis on that brake lever, especially if you have toe brakes on pedals.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Finally my Virpil equipment arrive. It’s amazing, I have a T-50 Mongoos upgraded, the base for this joystick and another for the throttle. The bases have an extreme sturdy design and very precise holes drilled, have all the nuts and bolts required to fix the throttle and the T-50. The T-50 upgraded edition with the extensions are incredible. Congratulations Virpil.

2be23c6dece871a3548c025fbe21ad24.jpg7cedcea24abf990b033b92187ade39b7.jpg0824039b553899f50aa8fb3667cbce15.jpg

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk Pro

Arturo "Chaco" Gonzalez Thomas

Finally my Virpil equipment arrive. It’s amazing, I have a T-50 Mongoos upgraded, the base for this joystick and another for the throttle. The bases have an extreme sturdy design and very precise holes drilled, have all the nuts and bolts required to fix the throttle and the T-50. The T-50 upgraded edition with the extensions are incredible. Congratulations Virpil.

:thumbup:

Congrats, looks great! Virpil is a very good setup!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

That upgraded looks great. I wish they made a left hand version, as I'd like to get two upgraded CM for a HOSAS setup for Star Citizen.

GPU: RTX 4090 - 3,000 MHz core / 12,000 MHz VRAM. 

CPU: 7950X3d - 5.2 GHz X3d, 5.8 GHz secondary / MB: ASUS Crosshair X670E Gene / RAM: G.Skill 48GB 6400 MHz

SSD: Intel Optane P5800X - 800GB

VR: Pimax Crystal

CONTROLS: VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base / VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime Grip / VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / TM Pendular Rudders

Unfortunately I haven't received any encouraging news from VPC, they said they don't have ETA for when T-50 will be available again, the focus is now on getting new hardware preorders out of the door.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

I guess this may mean another delay. Good thing I'm going on vacation for a few days and hopefully by next week my stuff would be shipped.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Unfortunately I haven't received any encouraging news from VPC, they said they don't have ETA for when T-50 will be available again, the focus is now on getting new hardware preorders out of the door.

That is too bad, I am sure they got some new customers with the new throttle and pre-order for it that also ordered a T-50 to go along with it, and now do not know when they will be able to get the stick.

Don B

That is too bad, I am sure they got some new customers with the new throttle and pre-order for it that also ordered a T-50 to go along with it, and now do not know when they will be able to get the stick.

I guess those who ordered it already will get them in reasonable time. But they are unavailable for new orders.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Well assuming if you ordered in April that they would try and send those out first. Assuming they didn't run out of grips to go along with the warBRD orders. That would suck if that happened ..because as long as I can remember from April onward people could order the grips and get them shipped.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Well, last week they replied me with the following mensage.

Dear Luis Felipy Nascimento,

I have alerted our logistics manager to combine these two orders to one shipment!

Also I have noted to include the throttle dust cover as the free gift :)

This is for the T-50 base and for the throttle that I ordered, since 06/29 nothing changed with my order.

Also, they didn't spoke nothing this week yet, neither on Facebook.

Intel 8700K@4.7ghz(all cores) / 32Gb DDR4 /WD Black SN750 Heatsink 500gb (DCS Only) / MSI GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING Z 8G / Windows 10 PRO / VPC WarBRD Base + Warthog Stick + Foxx Mount / Thrustmaster TPR pedals / Thustmaster MFD / Thrustmaster Warthog throttle + Monstertech chair mount

Well, last week they replied me with the following mensage.

This is for the T-50 base and for the throttle that I ordered, since 06/29 nothing changed with my order.

Also, they didn't spoke nothing this week yet, neither on Facebook.

6/29? Good luck, hope you get it this year. Nothing changed with my order placed 04/19. "Logistics manager" LOL.

These guys are really taking the piss.

Edited by mdee

I'm pretty sure they only have one guy that handles all the English communication, so this includes emails, tickets, etc. They probably have everyone doing several roles trying to get these orders in.

I'd rather them be assembled with care than rushed out and have to deal with back and forth shipping and issues.

Hi to everyone. im trying to configure the t-50 mongoos with the same commands like a Thrustmaster warthog stick but now I realize that I need une more hat with push a button or am I wrong? TMS, CMS and DMS.

Arturo "Chaco" Gonzalez Thomas

Hi to everyone. im trying to configure the t-50 mongoos with the same commands like a Thrustmaster warthog stick but now I realize that I need une more hat with push a button or am I wrong? TMS, CMS and DMS.
You will just need to skip having the CMS switch and assign it somewhere else perhaps on your throttle. The t50 has the same amount of hats as the warthog. So you have the DMS and tms, trim, and your master mode select button is now a two position switch. So one position could be select master mode the other position could be release counter measures if you want.

Received my T-50CM today

I have to say that I've been impressed with Virpil as a company and the T-50 and base as a flight controller. I was pleasantly surprised with how quickly it made the journey from Belarus to the western US, and even through I had to change my shipping address shortly before it was shipped, it arrived exactly where I asked it to be shipped.

The overall fit and finish of the stick and base were excellent outside and in. It was lighter than I expected it to be, but it doesn't feel flimsy or insubstantial, and looking at the construction inside the base, all the components are well machined, well designed and assembled by people who seem to want to make a product well.

The only design feature that didn't seem well thought out was the attachment of the cams in the gimbal. Kudos for the locking tab at the top of the cam, but as many people have noted before, the use of thread locking compound and soft steel screws with a Phillips head is not a good choice to hold the cam on. The attachment just above for the threaded collar where the stick is connected uses much higher quality flat head socket drive hex screws--4 of them. Why these type of screws were not also used for the very important cams is strange to me given that the cost could not be that much greater, and it would make the lives of people who like to evaluate different cam and spring arrangements much easier. I will replace these screws with hex drive or Torx/hexlobe versions the next time I open the base. It is a nice touch that they included extra cam screws with the alternate cams because at least one of those screws with strip 99% of the time the first time the cams are removed.

I haven't had time to test the performance of the stick out yet in DCS but I remain optimistic.

I have to say that I've been impressed with Virpil as a company and the T-50 and base as a flight controller. I was pleasantly surprised with how quickly it made the journey from Belarus to the western US, and even through I had to change my shipping address shortly before it was shipped, it arrived exactly where I asked it to be shipped.

The overall fit and finish of the stick and base were excellent outside and in. It was lighter than I expected it to be, but it doesn't feel flimsy or insubstantial, and looking at the construction inside the base, all the components are well machined, well designed and assembled by people who seem to want to make a product well.

The only design feature that didn't seem well thought out was the attachment of the cams in the gimbal. Kudos for the locking tab at the top of the cam, but as many people have noted before, the use of thread locking compound and soft steel screws with a Phillips head is not a good choice to hold the cam on. The attachment just above for the threaded collar where the stick is connected uses much higher quality flat head socket drive hex screws--4 of them. Why these type of screws were not also used for the very important cams is strange to me given that the cost could not be that much greater, and it would make the lives of people who like to evaluate different cam and spring arrangements much easier. I will replace these screws with hex drive or Torx/hexlobe versions the next time I open the base. It is a nice touch that they included extra cam screws with the alternate cams because at least one of those screws with strip 99% of the time the first time the cams are removed.

I haven't had time to test the performance of the stick out yet in DCS but I remain optimistic.

I love it...so much better then the WH!

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

+1 here

The philips screws + threadlock is a disaster. Of course I stripped my screws when I tried experimenting with the cams, and I have a feeling there are many people here who had the same experience.

I mean if it's the kind of hardware that was meant by design to be disassembled by the customer, it should have a relatively easy and idiotproof way to do so.

What I find really interesting about it is that it's a day one problem complained about (seemingly) by the first owner and seconded by many after. The interesting part isn't that, it's that it's not fixed and the fix is nothing more than paying attention and using a different fastener at essentially no cost.

Lack of competition is never good.

It was a couple of months back when Virpil stated they had changed the thread locking compound to one with less grip. Still, I agree that maybe the screws need to be changed also. I have one of the early ones and have not had the courage to try and change the cams, at least not yet.

What I find really interesting about it is that it's a day one problem complained about (seemingly) by the first owner and seconded by many after. The interesting part isn't that, it's that it's not fixed and the fix is nothing more than paying attention and using a different fastener at essentially no cost.

Lack of competition is never good.

Mine are fine.

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir