New Airports and city NEVADA

Duster

Hello,

Does ED intend to expand on this long-mistored scenario like Nevada?

There are many towns and small airports only at photo level ... with the exception of Las Vegas the rest has remained very poor and is never mentioned in the soon updates.

Edwars AFB in the MU map position, it would be a nice hit for the simulation ...but some more small town and airport would already be something.

ED, let us dream ...

Ciao

Edited by Duster

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU i7 7700K@4.5ghz * COOLER ARCTIC Freezer 13 CO * MB MSI Z270 Gaming M3 * RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4-2400 DDR4 2400MHz * GPU Zotac GTX 1070Ti mini * SSD Samsung 850 EVO 500GB for S.O. * SSD Samsung 860 EVO 500GB for DCS * HDD 1TB WD Blue x2 * PSU Corsair CX650M * SO Windows 10 pro 64bit * TrackIR 5 * Saiteck x52 Pro

With ED current pipeline of things to create/finish, I don't think revisiting this map is even remotely close.

One day, surely we will have the World, that's the ultimate aim as they said. Additions to maps - I don't think so.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

With ED current pipeline of things to create/finish, I don't think revisiting this map is even remotely close.

One day, surely we will have the World, that's the ultimate aim as they said. Additions to maps - I don't think so.

It is useless to make countless new and beautiful modules if the scenarios remain old and unfinished. (IMHO)

I wish you a good day.

Ciao

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU i7 7700K@4.5ghz * COOLER ARCTIC Freezer 13 CO * MB MSI Z270 Gaming M3 * RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4-2400 DDR4 2400MHz * GPU Zotac GTX 1070Ti mini * SSD Samsung 850 EVO 500GB for S.O. * SSD Samsung 860 EVO 500GB for DCS * HDD 1TB WD Blue x2 * PSU Corsair CX650M * SO Windows 10 pro 64bit * TrackIR 5 * Saiteck x52 Pro

ED guys have stated a few times the map is considered feature complete, so unless they decide to give it a facelift in next few years time, similar to situation with Caucasus, I wouldn't expect any additions anytime soon.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Here you go

NAS Fallon would be a welcome, and dare I say needed addition to the NTTR.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3714627&postcount=53

Dear all,

As has been mentioned before, adding Fallon NAS and its range (and buffer area) to the NTTR map will not happen for several reasons:

1- While Fallon NAS is barely in the current NTTR map, the entire range and buffer area is certainly not.

2- The NTTR map is already as max size that can support current RAM min-specs (8 GB).

3- To add such a huge amount of work would also result in a higher price; many users would have a fit.

4- The NTTR map is centered on the NTTR, not all of Nevada. Way out of scope.

5- Based on customer feedback, we have heard overwhelming that most customers want new combat theater maps, not training maps.

6- A Fallon NAS map would be a great opportunity for a 3rd party.

7- All our map resources are tied up with new map projects for the next several years.

While I understand the desire, I’m afraid it’s not feasible for all the above reasons. Perhaps a qualified 3rd party though may wish to take it on.

Thanks!

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

As much as we may want it, it's not going to happen.

Hopefully ED can step on the gas with the map development. I know I'm pretty burned out on the current map selection.

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Supercarrier

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

Funny, I have not seen entire PG yet and I have had it since day 1 of Early Access. ;)

• ED Team
Hello,

Does ED intend to expand on this long-mistored scenario like Nevada?

There are many towns and small airports only at photo level ... with the exception of Las Vegas the rest has remained very poor and is never mentioned in the soon updates.

Edwars AFB in the MU map position, it would be a nice hit for the simulation ...but some more small town and airport would already be something.

ED, let us dream ...

Ciao

Hi

NTTR is feature complete, apart from a few bug fixes there will be no further work on the terrain at this time.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I wish they would at least fix current issues of the NTTR map. It might be "feature complete" but it is not 100% complete and Nellis AFB is the biggest issue.

The biggest problem is not being able to start RED and BLU both from NELLIS. And to be able to rearm/refuel as it is in reality. This is the big limitations of DCS. I hope one day this limit can be solved.

In summary, make a blue / red airport. Since we are talking about NTTR ...

Ciao

Edited by Duster

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 7 months later...

Nevada map should be expanded to include China Lake Naval Weapons Center and NAS Fallon air bases. They are within the map now, but only as lower res satellite imagery. Make them fully detailed like Nellis AFB and Creech AFB. Also, it would be nice to have Edwards AFB and its dry lake bed runways, for fun. Such a historic place. Mojave Airport, Inyokern Airport and Bicycle Lake Airport would be nice additions, too, in California. As for expanding the boundaries of this Test and Training Range map, extend to the north east to include the Utah Test Range, all the way to Hill AFB and the Salt Lake City Area. This would include Dugway Proving Grounds and the smaller Wendover, Ely and Elko airports. It's about 325NM from Hill AFB to Nellis AFB as well as to NAS Fallon, and about 260NM between Fallon and Nellis. This would make a nice sized area for longer range missions. China Lake is just 135NM west-southwest of Nellis, and a nice, long 423NM from Hill AFB. As for the San Diego and Los Angeles areas: Make them a separate map called the SoCal Map, to include MCAS Miramar, NAS North Island, MCAS Camp Pendleton and NAS Pt Mugu and the Pacific Missile Test Center range (PMTC) that extends into the Pacific ocean, including the Channel Islands, Catalina Island, San Nicolas Island and San Clemente Islands. Include some 300 or 400NM out into the Pacific Ocean. Then, if possible, make a flyable transition corridor between the SoCal map and the Nevada map. Do not bother with the detailing of every house in the Los Angeles basin to San Diego megopolis. Too much. Just make it a good resolution satellite image. Main object is military bases and training ranges, I think.

Edited by Andrew8604
typos

Nevada map should be expanded to include China Lake Naval Weapons Center and NAS Fallon air bases. They are within the map now, but only as lower res satellite imagery. Make them fully detailed like Nellis AFB and Creech AFB. Also, it would be nice to have Edwards AFB and its dry lake bed runways, for fun. Such a historic place. Mojave Airport, Inyokern Airport and Bicycle Lake Airport would be nice additions, too, in California. As for expanding the boundaries of this Test and Training Range map, extend to the north east to include the Utah Test Range, all the way to Hill AFB and the Salt Lake City Area. This would include Dugway Proving Grounds and the smaller Wendover, Ely and Elko airports. It's about 325NM from Hill AFB to Nellis AFB as well as to NAS Fallon, and about 260NM between Fallon and Nellis. This would make a nice sized area for longer range missions. China Lake is just 135NM west-southwest of Nellis, and a nice, long 423NM from Hill AFB. As for the San Diego and Los Angeles areas: Make them a separate map called the SoCal Map, to include MCAS Miramar, NAS North Island, MCAS Camp Pendleton and NAS Pt Mugu and the Pacific Missile Test Center range (PMTC) that extends into the Pacific ocean, including the Channel Islands, Catalina Island, San Nicolas Island and San Clemente Islands. Include some 300 or 400NM out into the Pacific Ocean. Then, if possible, make a flyable transition corridor between the SoCal map and the Nevada map. Do not bother with the detailing of every house in the Los Angeles basin to San Diego megopolis. Too much. Just make it a good resolution satellite image. Main object is military bases and training ranges, I think.

they replied that it will not be possible because they have already reached the physical limit of map size in dcs.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And then they decided to make Marianas map 1000x1000 NM.

I know, that's all water ... they don't have any calculation problems

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not much extra then. I would think Fallon would have been a good and suited addition, even with much buffer. Never seen what happens when you get to the edge of a map though.....

Never seen what happens when you get to the edge of a map though.....

You get to discover whether the turtle is male or female.

Windows 10 64-bit | Ryzen 9 3900X 4.00GHz (OC) | Asus Strix B450-F | 64GB Corsair Vengeance @ 3000MHz | two Asus GeForce 1070 Founders Edition (second card used for CUDA only) | two Silicon Power 1TB NVMe in RAID-0 | Samsung 32" 1440p Monitor | two ASUS 23" 1080p monitors | ASUS Mixed Reality VR | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind

A-10C Warthog | AV-8B Harrier (N/A) | F/A-18C Hornet | F-16C Viper | F-14B Tomcat | UH-1H Huey | P-51D Mustang | F-86F Saber | Persian Gulf | NTTR

I once heard the engine would physicaly support a DCS World map, but also that it would be too big in file size and they would need to omptimize lots of things...

Can't find a post or anything else though.

North towards Mountain Home AFB, N-E towards Hill AFB and S-W/W towards Miramar / San Diego including important stuff inbetween (Edwards, China Lake, Yosemite) would be a sweet dream.

Only S-W (China Lake and Edwards) would be very nice already.

They could directly make an ocean corridor towards the marinas... :pilotfly:

For the really bad ass long range AAR junkies :joystick:

And coincidentally Hawaii would be right in that corridor... If you not prefer an optimised route for a sphere shaped earth :megalol:

Edited by Bananabrai

Alias in Discord: Mailman

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 9/12/2019 at 6:03 PM, BIGNEWY said:

Hi

NTTR is feature complete, apart from a few bug fixes there will be no further work on the terrain at this time.

Thanks

That's strange, cause with all this NAVY stuff you proposing now (Supercarrier, F-14, F-16, F/A-18, F-5) it just feels nesessery to have at least one real Naval station, as it so famous and you already have map around. From what I can see it is realy a thing to correct some small features on this map, add one or two bases and Navy part will be happy to get this map, me included. Authentic trainings and fights just that thing people like and came to DCS and buy so much of your products. That could be just me, but I can see more people buying all named modules above including Nevada and new campaigns will follow soon enough, like Zone 5 and Red Flag stuff, combining with new learning process using all this. Good opportunity slips trough ED fingers.

Edited by JackCooper
grammatical
  • Like 1