Eagle Dynamics at Flight Sim Expo 2019

Wags

I misread it.

Got to meet Mat, I was really surprised how good this guy felt in the hands.....

WOAH!!!!! Oh you mean the Hornet stick....

LOL. I read it that way after posting as well and thought about editing it.

They are going to have to bring back the Cougar now aren’t they?!

I sure wish they would! - would love to get my hands on a Cougar setup with DCS releasing the F-16!! :joystick:

The Thrustmaster Rep stated that they were looking at re-releasing the Cougar Throttle later on. The only details he provided is that it would not be out by the time the DCS Viper module comes out.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

I have a Cougar throttle with the Cubpilot HS upgrade that functions well. That said, if they do this, I hope they fix the nagging issues that required aftermarket fixes:

1) Hall sensor for at least the throttle, plus...

2) CRAPPY range and antenna pots. The antenna pot in particular, is notorious for losing its center detent.

3) Misaligned speedbrake and dogfight switches. I got the aluminum housings for them years ago.

Fixing those issues, plus making it an individual USB standalone controller, would be my goals for such a unit. Switches on the base that mirror the F-16's ENG/JET START panel would be a plus, but not a necessity.

The one other thing that I'd REALLY love, though, would be a better/more realistic detent system, if one can be done without a throttle rail.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

Love the A2A guys! Talented bunch and one of my favorite ‘mom and pop’ shops. They’re aviation and sim nerds to the bone. I’d be very interested to see what they have in mind for DCS.

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

Oh I was very happy to hear A2A was looking at a Partnership with ED. I use their products exclusively when P3D, no other product comes close for GA flying. IF they were to bring their B17 with accusim to DCS, man that would be a dream come true.

Although I was rather surprised to see our Matt confined to a wheelchair, I had absolutely no idea that he was in one.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

I misread it.

Got to meet Mat, I was really surprised how good this guy felt in the hands.....

Yeah I misread it to initially!:megalol: Might want to edit that post a bit! :D

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

From time ago.... see the old videos and the Wags on Moscow, Our Wags has a Iron Will.

oh he does indeed, Just makes me even more impressed with his flying skills.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

I have a Cougar throttle with the Cubpilot HS upgrade that functions well. That said, if they do this, I hope they fix the nagging issues that required aftermarket fixes:

1) Hall sensor for at least the throttle, plus...

2) CRAPPY range and antenna pots. The antenna pot in particular, is notorious for losing its center detent.

3) Misaligned speedbrake and dogfight switches. I got the aluminum housings for them years ago.

Fixing those issues, plus making it an individual USB standalone controller, would be my goals for such a unit. Switches on the base that mirror the F-16's ENG/JET START panel would be a plus, but not a necessity.

The one other thing that I'd REALLY love, though, would be a better/more realistic detent system, if one can be done without a throttle rail.

Actually I have this HOTAS as well. I've had it for a number of years.. Yes I did have similar issues as the ones that you described. I contacted thrustmaster and they were nice enough to furnish me with all of the switches that I requested for a minimal cost. (this was several years ago). and I bought the hall sensor mod from" IJ."

That cost about 400 USD. I cant remember the actual cost as this was allso some years ago. But anyway I really loved that setup. But I had a lot of trouble trying to install it into the new DCS so I bought a Warthog to replace it. So now I can't wait until the F/A-18 stick is released. Thrustmaster had a fantastic design idea with the ability to interchange the stick with other models. So after all of this time they have finally implemented this idea. It's now becoming a reality... WOW

Blaze

Edited by VMFA-Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

• ED Team

What a wonderful experience!

The highlight of the show was meeting many of you, or clients, and getting to hear your feedback on our product. It was great to put some faces to user names and hearing what DCS World means to you. Some of the stores were quite inspirational.

Another aspect was meeting with Thrustmaster to discuss what comes after the F-16C and talks with companies like A2A and Orbx about potential cooperation. Skies the limit!

For those that made the show, thanks again for all the kind words and your continued support. We cannot do this without you.

- Wags

What a wonderful experience!

The highlight of the show was meeting many of you, or clients, and getting to hear your feedback on our product. It was great to put some faces to user names and hearing what DCS World means to you. Some of the stores were quite inspirational.

Another aspect was meeting with Thrustmaster to discuss what comes after the F-16C and talks with companies like A2A and Orbx about potential cooperation. Skies the limit!

For those that made the show, thanks again for all the kind words and your continued support. We cannot do this without you.

- Wags

Orbx work is really nice, And his new stuff is really good, Getting him onboard for texture terrain would be good.

I hope that Thrustmaster releases the updated Cougar with the fixes that RogueSqdn mentioned as well as any other feedback others have given TM over the years. It is a good combo that continues to serve us well, it needs some love to continue the fight! The R&D is paid for which should theoretically cut down on costs of putting an updated set out there.

I have upgraded my Cougar with the pots on my Cougar stick from rel4y and have been holding out on upgrading my throttle. I an nervous about opening it up and making a mistake, I do not have a spare. Still on the fence about it.

Hopefully a fair amount of pre-orders for DCS F-16 came in to justify TM going forward with their plans. We should not forget the Falcon 4.0 BMS crowd as well! I feel the market is there and ready. I will gladly buy the set if they release it.

Edited by GreatWhiteHype

I misread it.

Yeah, I thought the same thing at first =D

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

You can order it on Amazon now, releases 7/25.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pre-ordered! Also pulled the trigger on the TPR pedals. It has been and expensive spring: Rift S, a GTX 1080 for my son so he could use my old Rift, a whole bunch of new 4K TVs including two 49-inch models for PC monitors for my son and me, a 43-inch for my wife, and a 65-inch for the family room. The stick plus pedals cost more than the 65-inch TV.

Can't wait to try the grip and pedals. Now I need to set up a 2nd seat/pit so that the MCG Pro is available on one pit and the Warthog is available on the other.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good stuff on the A2A Facebook page about DCS :)

https://www.facebook.com/A2ASimulations/posts/10157301665115365

62138268_10157301657970365_11605250741895168_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent.fmad3-8.fna&oh=9cb16a263ea2f43f7e40d807d9148959&oe=5D830CB6

If this comes to pass, I will be very happy. A2A has been putting out DCS World quality or better products for ages now. If they could successfully adapt their work to the DCS engine, I would be very happy to buy everything they release from transports to fighters to bombers to trainers to Cessnas and Pipers.

Because much of their work is code external to FSX/P3d, I am pretty sure they have the skills to adapt it to support the external flight model system DCS third parties have to use to create an equivalent to the professional flight model. The problem is it cost-effective/profitable for A2A to develop for DCS World? Razbam appears to have been somewhat successful in migrating, despite all the remaining bugs/limitations, I love their Mirage 2000, AV-8, and MiG-19 and I am looking forward to their MiG-23. If A2A could readily port their models, textures, and systems into DCS World, this could provide an amazing future for the growth/success of DCS World, especially in the areas of WW2 fighters, bombers, and trainers.

But as happy as I am at hearing this news, my expectations are far more realistic: A2A has had incredible success with the FSX/P3d engine, why should they spend a lot of time and money adapting to DCS World when it is a much smaller market with very high standards and a much lower return on profits? Its cool that they are talking, but I don't ever expect to see an A2A product released for DCS World.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hmm, the T-6 as multi crew would make a great first module from A2A...

I would buy it in a heartbeat. While I much prefer combat aircraft to trainers, I own and have flown all of the currently available DCS World trainers including the Hawk. I would like to see the T-38A and/or T-38C in DCS World. I would also buy the T-37 (and better yet A-37) if it were to be released. The T-6 is a must have. I have T-6s, P-51Ds, and L-39s flying over my head daily at work. The local airport has a company that gets paid to give rides and allow pilots to get rated on those aircraft.

But if I could choose the first A2A product to be introduced, it would be their P-40B/C. It is a personal favorite, particularly in its AVG colors and configuration.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guys,

Was there any follow up to Matt's saying something about some "new modules coming later this year"

i wonder this too. what did he show during the expo?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Guys,

Was there any follow up to Matt's saying something about some "new modules coming later this year"

i wonder this too. what did he show during the expo?

There was nothing "extra" on display. My guess is that Thrustmaster wanted to focus on their Hornet stick. I am not sure how much input ED had in the matter.

There was nothing "extra" on display. My guess is that Thrustmaster wanted to focus on their Hornet stick. I am not sure how much input ED had in the matter.

Probably none given that ED wasn’t listed as either a sponsor nor an exhibitor.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

Probably none given that ED wasn’t listed as either a sponsor nor an exhibitor.

Technically ED and Thrustmaster teamed up just like last year but, yes, it was the Thrustmaster booth.