Bugs, Known issues & Updates

gregzagk

Mission 8:

I flew successfully to the airport, and found the C-17 with trucks and soldiers behind it (the trucks were illuminating an area behind it), but there was no cargo there.

Directly behind the C-17 was a big tanker truck.

I landed in the area behind the C-17 illuminated by the trucks, but there was no cargo anywhere.

I tried F6, but there was no cargo listed. I flew all around the airfield a few times, landed in various places near the C-17, but still no cargo.

Pity, as it has destroyed my 100% campaign success :-)

Pretty strange. I'm right now at M8, but I had no problem with the cargo. It showed up in the F6 menu and it also was visible behind the C-17.

I first thought it might be a missing mod but I just checked my installation and I don't have upuaut or anything else activated atm (so it's a clean Vanilla installation except the Huey sound and pit mods).

Screen_170430_132105.thumb.jpg.b095ea3c911b763b766d2a4266bad957.jpg

Edited by rge75

Mission 6: You are at FOB (Olympus?) and about to sling load cargo back and forth to the Argo when the FOB gets attacked. Fast forward a bit and you have to transport the wounded to kobuleti military hospital, ADF 490.

1) There's two ADF transmitting around 490, so picking the correct one is not the easiest thing. But you can do it with a little guesswork

2) When properly tuned, the ADF brings you to Kobuleti airport's ADF. I was about to land on the building thinking it was the hospital when I saw the antennaes... I have gone around the airport (probably making the controller swear in 12 different languages) but could not find a hospital. I've landed in a depot, in a fuel depot but no hospital in sight... Am I missing something? (the full video is on my twitch channel, I'll move it to youtube in the next few days).

[...]

2) When properly tuned, the ADF brings you to Kobuleti airport's ADF. I was about to land on the building thinking it was the hospital when I saw the antennaes... I have gone around the airport (probably making the controller swear in 12 different languages) but could not find a hospital. I've landed in a depot, in a fuel depot but no hospital in sight... Am I missing something? (the full video is on my twitch channel, I'll move it to youtube in the next few days).

It's the same hospital like in mission 2. If you can't remember the location and how it looked like, then you might have a look at the briefing (pdf located in DCS World\Mods\campaigns\UH-1H Argo\Doc) of mission 2. It shows the location there.

Edit: In your video, when you go around 43:30, you can see it in the distance. The small building a few meters away from the big building.

Edited by rge75

It's the same hospital like in mission 2.

Edit: In your video, when you go around 43:30, you can see it in the distance. The small building a few meters away from the big building.

Thanks. That was useful! Now if that information just was in the brief (and I understand why not) or in the spoken cues while you fly. Instead, your copilot and helicopter commander sits there like a black hole. Not even light can escape, let alone words (like 'that one over there at your 9 o clock...' or something like that).

I'll try that again.

Want to start off by saying it's a really great campaign! Have flown 6 missions so far. Counting the hours until the next flying session every time!

However, some feedback:

-It would be really helpful if you could list the letter identifiers for the NDB:s and other navigational aids along with their frequencies, in the mission descriptions. Especially NDB:s are notoriously difficult to tune if you can't check your tuning by listening to the morse code.

-In general, the mission descriptions are great, and I really like the detail and fleshed out backstory. However, sorry for saying this, they could do with some proof-reading for grammar etc. Especially the use of "worst" instead of "worse" is particularly frequent. I know it's a minor detail, and doesn't affect gameplay, but still.

Thanks for this overall great campaign!

Want to start off by saying it's a really great campaign! Have flown 6 missions so far. Counting the hours until the next flying session every time!

However, some feedback:

-It would be really helpful if you could list the letter identifiers for the NDBs

SECONDED

Also, mission 8, that scumbag of a copilot deceived me into thinking we were slinging a glitched cargo (i.e. it wasn't hooked, I heard him saying "ok now take off and go slow" and thought, "ok, we have it and it's not displaying for a glitch) and found out the hard truth when I landed on the carrier... - see here at minute 30:30)

I know it was my fault as I didn't really do the F6-all cargo procedure but still, why do you tell me to take off and go carefully? Why?

The thing could really do with some less reading the full backstory and a bit more details / scripting...

Please don't talk like that for our beloved Major and Cpt :notify:

I know the feeling... :crash:

In this occasion you can't monitor if you really got the cargo by the triggers. The trigger monitors when you "hook" it and it supposes that you already done the process correctly. It's there to have a better feeling instead of not saying anything and let you just move on. We play with the AI and not with humans during a single player mission so there will always be some possibilities a player misses something. The Simulator won't understand how to warn you in all occasions.

So when building a DLC Campaign you try to reduce these possibilities and

as you test it you get into account if anyone faced that issue before. Until now noone faced it so there wasn't any need to change the triggers.

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Please don't talk like that for our beloved Major and Cpt :notify:

I know the feeling... :crash:

In this occasion you can't monitor if you really got the cargo by the triggers. [...]

Greg

They really should add some more triggers to be able to monitor this. I mean, it's the same when you damage or lose the cargo. DCS itself gives you a message, but the beloved Major and Cpt don't comment on it.

I noticed several time, that I've got "ready to go" form the major, but the cargo wasn't hooked. I simply check with the external camera if I really have the cargo hooked.

In fact I did check and notice there was no cable when on ground, and no load hanging from my heli when up... But I assumed it was a glitch, as I assumed that the message given by the AI copilot must have been triggered by an event that had taken place.

Sorry I was trying to be funny, I realize we're trying to correct bugs here so here's the account, given as technically as I can:

Looks to me the AI/script it does monitor the 'hook cargo' command, as the audio snippet was played just after I pressed the 'hook cargo' button... It would be useful if you could monitor the radio call (F6 -> All cargos etc...) for cargo AND the 'hook cargo command' and play the audio cue only if the two conditions are met.

EDIT: and Greg: thanks for taking criticism so graciously! :D

Looks to me the AI/script it does monitor the 'hook cargo' command, as the audio snippet was played just after I pressed the 'hook cargo' button... It would be useful if you could monitor the radio call (F6 -> All cargos etc...) for cargo AND the 'hook cargo command' and play the audio cue only if the two conditions are met.

Yes tried that but it seems the F1-F12 keys can't be monitored currently.

Maybe will find an alternative in the future.

EDIT: and Greg: thanks for taking criticism so graciously! biggrin.gif

Well positive and mostly negative feedback will make the next campaign better. So it's nice to know how a player felt during various conditions in the missions so that I will try to improve them with alternatives.

Greg

I've just reach mission 11. Everything goes well and the only think i want to explain to anyone is that " trust your instruments ". A couple of wrong spelling words it's not an issue. All the triggers works fine at the moment, we don't know what is going to happen with a following update. Not because i know Greg and we fly together many years now but it's the most complete campaign i ever flew. It's not for people that have use to sneak the map and keep going. Of course one think that we didn't mention is that you have to have the God all the Saints and tones of luck in many occasions. Briefings are more than crystal clear of what you have to do. Enjoy it!

Thanks. Now I know absolutely nothing about how DCS scripting works - but I just want to say this, maybe it will help, maybe not. Worst case, you take this post and throw it into the bin.

But, let's assume that to pick up (hook) a cargo crate. You have to "tell" the system which one you want, that is: selecting it with F1-F12. This, I would expect, causes some information to get stored in some variable somewhere - if not you would not be able to hook THAT crate.

Now, you could monitor when that variable gets populated (e.g. by the user making a choice, either with F1-F12 or with their mouse) which is an indirect way of knowing that a choice from the radio menu has been selected. Obviously this would need to happen ONLY after you are X meters away from the cargo, and again, IDK if DCS gives you any way for measuring that...

Once that has happened and the user presses the hook cargo button, then the audio cue plays.

...or just leave it as it is and ignore the blabber. It is a minor issue anyway.

You have a great day,

thanks again for the hours of fun!

In mission 11 (not sure if it can be triggered or not):

Warning - spoiler ahead

I managed to land with autorotation, but I raised the collective too much (or whatever) and lost my blades (yeah, of course...during the practice in mission editor, I managed it 5 times, but in the campaign I failed twice - just as a side note). The Major anyway tells me "good job" and that the chopper is a beauty. But the screenshot shows that this is not the case ;-) The mission should be failed if the blades are gone. So maybe it's possible to trigger this?

Screen_170504_224608.thumb.jpg.1f52a5428def07685f9552c77381c468.jpg

Hey, thanks.

Yes it can be triggered by the damage trigger but I avoided it cause it can lead to frustration (e.g. if you slightly damage the chopper and the mission is considered as a failure even if the damage is minor).

The thing is that you can't continue to complete the mission with your current status so I think it's ok right?

Greg

Ok, I see the point. I did not check the damage triggers in the mission editor. I'd simply say if it's a "total failure" like in my case, where it's impossible to continue, then a "mission failed" wouldn't be wrong. But I can live with it if it won't get triggered. It's just a "detail".

Gas throttle not reacting

Hey there,

has anyone else experieced a not functioning gas throttle when starting the first mission ?

To get the mission going, you have to press 'page up' a few times. Once done, you can use your stick again.

Developers, plesse verify this issue.

MSI H170M-A Pro with i5-6600K @ 3.5 Ghz, 16Gb DDR4-2133, ASUS GTX 1080 TI 11 Gb DDR5 352bit, Win10 Pro,

PUMA Flight Trainer, DCS 1.5, 2.5 open beta, UH-1H, KA50, Mi8-MTV2, Gazelle.

Have a safe flight !

Hey there,

has anyone else experieced a not functioning gas throttle when starting the first mission ?

To get the mission going, you have to press 'page up' a few times. Once done, you can use your stick again.

Developers, plesse verify this issue.

Hmm will try to reproduce it but as said if there is a bug like this, it's more likely it's connected to the UH-1H module and not the campaign itself. Thanks for reporting. Will check asap and will report to the Huey section if needed.

Greg

Thanks, Greg !

Good to know, that postings are being read and reacted to by you guys. : )

MSI H170M-A Pro with i5-6600K @ 3.5 Ghz, 16Gb DDR4-2133, ASUS GTX 1080 TI 11 Gb DDR5 352bit, Win10 Pro,

PUMA Flight Trainer, DCS 1.5, 2.5 open beta, UH-1H, KA50, Mi8-MTV2, Gazelle.

Have a safe flight !

Hay Greg,

in Mission 1 I keep orbiting over the harbor for ages at 500' and nothing happens. What should I do and how long? Left hand, right hand circles (if it matters), etc.

During your turns you should not exceed bank limitations. Left or right makes no difference.

Try flying slow with small bank within the harbor area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just finished mission 3, and like everyone else, the UH-60s fly too close when dropping off the cargo. Unlike everyone else, one collided with me and on the way down, took out a Paladin.

On a second note in mission 3, they arent M-190s, they are M-109s. Or do the greeks call them 190s for a reason?

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

In Mission 12, at the beginning/startup. The speech of the Major is "cut off" in the middle of the sentence because the next speech is starting.

See screenshot for the text passage.

The 2nd paragraph of Maj. Karbelas starts with "The Bl..." and then the next speech of Lt. Zorbas is starting.

Screen_170506_084215.thumb.jpg.0d0caa5576c734365e12d2056eb8bef9.jpg

������ ������ ������ ������ thanks Greg and the rest of the support team for that great campaign. And all of you guys for the feedback. I'm really happy that 95% off the issue's are on the dialog's and NOT in the triggers and you can finish it with 100 % success . No man, even here in Greece we call it as you write it, is just two close numbers ������ ������ ������ ������ ������ . Enjoy the campaign

It's m-109 mate whatever you say i havent seen it m190 anywhere even if you say otherwise