Bonus Question

Twwhitey

I apparently have $17 in Bonus Points that expire on 06/01/2020. How can I leverage those to purchase the P-51D in my shopping cart? It's not readily apparent how to apply those funds to my checkout?

i9-9900K @ 5.0GHz, ASUS ROG Z390 MAXIMUS XI HERO, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080Ti 11GB, 32GB DDR4 @ 3866MHZ, 1TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD, 1TB WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD, Oculus Rift S

• ED Team

Hi

Bonus rules can be found here https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/bonus_rules/

Attention!

On 1 August 2019 bonus system was replaced by ED Miles.

Bonus points can not be accrued any more and all existing bonus points will expire on 1 June 2020.

Bonus points cannot be exchanged for ED Miles or cash.

You can only spend the remaining bonuses on products released before August 1, 2019

The release date of DCS products can be found in the news.

hope that helps

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks for the response BN.. I did come across that page before and it’s...well...about as clear as mud. :)

Still have no idea if it’s possible to use my accrued bonus points for the P-51D (i.e. “participating in the bonus program”?) and if so, how to actually do so...

At this point I’ll just assume given the shift to ED miles those points are worthless and will just expire in a few months...

Thanks anyhow cheers

Hi

Bonus rules can be found here https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/bonus_rules/

hope that helps

i9-9900K @ 5.0GHz, ASUS ROG Z390 MAXIMUS XI HERO, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080Ti 11GB, 32GB DDR4 @ 3866MHZ, 1TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD, 1TB WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD, Oculus Rift S

Are you asking about how to use these points in the purchasing process? Months ago, when the bonus points were still the only type of points, you could apply them in the next screen after checkout, as the last step before hitting pay. If I were you, i'd try to see if this method still works.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Hmmm ok. Yes that’s the question I had. I appear able to easily apply the ED Miles but couldn’t find any mechanism to use the Bonus points and this was after getting to the external system that processes credit card payments. I’ll take your suggestion and try again maybe I’m just missing it.

Thanks!

Are you asking about how to use these points in the purchasing process? Months ago, when the bonus points were still the only type of points, you could apply them in the next screen after checkout, as the last step before hitting pay. If I were you, i'd try to see if this method still works.

I don't have bonus points anymore to test myself, but I can see after hitting "checkout" you're directed to "complete order / payment" screen and then under the "order content" table there's a "use miles" button available nowadays. Bonus points button used to be located in the same place IIRC.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Yeah I poked around a bit today and couldn’t seem to find a way to utilize them whereas as you say the ED Miles option is front and center.

I think it may have something to do with the fact that all the existing modules are already steeply (50%) discounted.. that’s my theory at least...

Anyhow thanks for chiming in!

I don't have bonus points anymore to test myself, but I can see after hitting "checkout" you're directed to "complete order / payment" screen and then under the "order content" table there's a "use miles" button available nowadays. Bonus points button used to be located in the same place IIRC.

• ED Team

The main point with the old bonus points is

You can only spend the remaining bonuses on products released before August 1, 2019

The release date of DCS products can be found in the news.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 4 weeks later...

!'m having the same issue. The box in the Kart says enter coupon code for discount not Bonus. All those legalese terminology doesn't tell you how to apply them to any purchase. If they are no good, they should tell you. Where do they provide the release date? they say the news, where is that? Why can't they state it right in the e-shop? The P-51D has been out for years.

Edited by Mouse_99
added comments

okay so bonus is mostly useless at these times lol, i think it's doing more confusion than helping, it should just be removed then and it looks like that time is coming.

I thought if I could snatch JF-17 but nah I'll probably rather wait and pay the supporter-price when my wallet is thicker.

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

• ED Team
okay so bonus is mostly useless at these times lol, i think it's doing more confusion than helping, it should just be removed then and it looks like that time is coming.

I thought if I could snatch JF-17 but nah I'll probably rather wait and pay the supporter-price when my wallet is thicker.

JF-17 does not participate in the old bonus system sorry.