AGM-122 Sidearm - Accuracy (lacking?)

Thisdale

Sure, watching a launch pattern repeat is great and yes, good ole missile smoke did contain aluminum.

And watching the video separation is the real technique mentioned fairly often. But hey, I only look for real techniques, what do I know.

Maybe you should tell that to Peter Davies , because on page 45 of his book "F105 vs SA-2" he says:

"Missile crews also realised that they could track incomming Weasels on radar, watching for one into a climb to loft a Shrike at them and then turn off the radar. They realised too that the Shrikes exhaust gases contained tiny metal fragments from its solid rocket fuel. These gave a strong enough radar trace to provide warning of an oncoming missile"

:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Sure, watching a launch pattern repeat is great and yes, good ole missile smoke did contain aluminum.

And watching the video separation is the real technique mentioned fairly often. But hey, I only look for real techniques, what do I know.

Not as much as a published author it seems

He also states it in his book on the developement of the F-105.