SimShaker for DCS World Sound Mode Expansion - Discussion

Got it, thanks!

Just FYI: ONLY that particular email was sitting in my spam folder, despite the 3 previous emails from your company NOT being treated that way by my ISP.

Not your problem, obviously, but just thought you might want to know anyway. Cheers.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Setup: Vive Pro 2, RTX 3090, I7-11700K, VKB Gladiator II/K conversion, TWCS, TPR pedals, PlaySeat, SimShaker, VoiceAttack

May I see a screenshot?

Just the guy I would like to talk with.

I am using Sim Commander to control amplified transducers. The 4 channel amp is connected to a second sound card in my PC. I use transducers on my office chair and pedal set platform.

On your site, it appears that I need at least two different products to control my transducers. Is this true? If so, can you point to the specific products I need?

We left SimShaker for DCS World and Falcon BMS at the state it was. You may use it, but noone provides support for it anymore.

That's good to know. Do you have a product that works with DCS for which you provide support? If so, which product would that be?

At that page you can see also that it has a successor - SimShaker for Aviators by f4l0, which support thread is here https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=175028

I downloaded and installed these two files:

SimShaker for Aviators_release_setup

SimShaker Sound Module_release_setup

There are two shorts cuts on my computer, called:

SimShaker for Aviators, and

SimShaker-Wings.

There is supposed to be a sound module, but the desktop shortcuts are not the sound module. It is not at all clear just how to get the above applications to work with DCS, X-Plane, or any thing.

I downloaded and installed these two files:

SimShaker for Aviators_release_setup

SimShaker Sound Module_release_setup

There are two shorts cuts on my computer, called:

SimShaker for Aviators, and

SimShaker-Wings.

There is supposed to be a sound module, but the desktop shortcuts are not the sound module.

It can't be like that. Please re-check.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It can't be like that. Please re-check.

I will double check.

Once I have Sim Shaker for Aviators and Sim Shaker Sound Module installed, which of these files must be running before I start DCS or X-Plane?

I have not paid for the software yet. I want to first know that can get the software to work with my games.

Good approach.

It usually starts automatically once the software detects that the game is running. Both must be running.

SimShaker for Aviators is able to start SimShaker Sound Module automatically if selected in settings as on the picture attached.

2019-10-29_08-46-07.thumb.png.4d04f2ef03cac39b10af754d892f7996.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good approach.

It usually starts automatically once the software detects that the game is running. Both must be running.

SimShaker for Aviators is able to start SimShaker Sound Module automatically if selected in settings as on the picture attached.

Thank you for your reply. The version of the Sim Shaker software I was trying did not have an option for "ButtKicker and similar devices" listed under Output Mode. It could be that I downloaded the software from an outdated source.

I just discovered the following download source that I had not seen before. I had been looking on at the blog, which does not include a link to the following site. See the link below.

https://andres.shop/2-home

It looks as if there are two software packages that need to be purchased. Is that correct? From the above site page, which software packages do I need to control shaker transducers for DCS and X-Plane 11?

Good approach.

My version of SimShaker for Aviators is version 1.3.8.0

My version of SimShaker Sound Module is version 2.12

I use amplified transducers. On the SimShaker for Aviators screen, the option for Buttkicker and similar devices is grayed-out and cannot be selected.

I have a 4 Channel amp running 4 transducers. Only two if my transducers are responding to vibe motor testing. I am not sure if being able to select Buttkicker option will enable all of my transducers to function. But how can I enable the Buttkicker option in the Output Mode?

May I see screenshots?

Please pay attention to the information provided in SimShaker Sound Module User Guide:

Max. Channels number defines how much audio channels to conduct.

1 (mono) - default value, is suitable if you operate just 1 bass-shaker.

2 (stereo) - suitable if you operate 2 bass-shakers. I assume that bass-shakers are placed left and right from the player. Out of the box SimShaker is configured for such placement. But that may customized by the player.

6 (or 5.1) - suitable if you operate from 3 to 6 bass-shakers. I assume that it mostly will be 4, placed on the corners of the player's rig. This option requires ASIO drivers for a sound card to be used (for instance, universal ASIO4All driver).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

May I see screenshots?

Please pay attention to the information provided in SimShaker Sound Module User Guide:

I am working through the various aspects of the software. I read the information about the various channel modes. Though I have not installed the universal ASIO drivers, I have been looking for the ASIO driver for my specific sound card (Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio). I have been reluctant to download universal versions of drivers for fear of foiling up something in my system.

On the settings screen, at the dedicated sound card option. When I select the 6 channel option, it says to select which sound card at the ASIO software. I have been building PCs for years, and I have never seen, nor installed any ASIO software on any of my PCs. I just downloaded a universal ASIO driver package for the first time, ever. I will install the ASIO driver package and see what that does.

Edited by Gpruitt54