[MOOSE] Stennis patrol waypoints

Swany

So, been trying to find a sample, but no luck yet.

Objective - Setup the Stennis (or any boat/ship) to run a "patrol" without using a ba-jillion waypoints

I can do this fine all day long with aircraft because they have the switch waypoint function. I setup a few waypoints, and when it hits the last one, I send it back to the beginning of the route and off she goes again until she has to RTB for Bingo Fuel.

To do this with any ship/boat, I have to keep making waypoint after waypoint, after waypoint, after...you get the idea, because they only have the turning waypoint option

I'm sure there has to be an easy way in MOOSE to do this? Or is there an easy way within the ME and I'm just too green to see it?

Edited by Swany

B. "Swany" Swanberg

Gigabyte Designare, Intel i9 9900KF (3.6, OC'd to 5.0)

32GB Patriot Viper Steel (black, non-RGB)

OS installed on a Samsung Evo 970 1TB SSD

DCS installed on a Samsun Evo 860 1TB SSD

EVGA 2080Ti 11GB

EVGA Supernova 720p 750w PS

3 Dell S2716DG monitors in Surround mode (7680x1440)

Oculus Rift S VR

Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle and Stick

Thrusmaster Rudder Pedals

assorted button boxes/Arduino boards

All drivers always kept up to date (30 days old, max)

I haven't had chance to test it in the latest DCS/Moose versions, Ship called Kuznetsov & zones setup called ZONESHIP1 & ZONESHIP2. Obv you can change the names and in mission file I had.

Blue_RUCarrier = GROUP:FindByName("Kuznetsov")
Blue_RUCarrier:PatrolZones({ZONE:New("ZONESHIP1"),ZONE:New("ZONESHIP2")},120)

I made the zones very small, the ships would run happily for 6 Hours (mission restart).

I7 8700K @ 5Ghz | 32Gb DDR4 | Strix 1080ti | Warthog Throttle + Stick on Virpil T50 Base | Omen 32"

I haven't had chance to test it in the latest DCS/Moose versions, Ship called Kuznetsov & zones setup called ZONESHIP1 & ZONESHIP2. Obv you can change the names and in mission file I had.

Blue_RUCarrier = GROUP:FindByName("Kuznetsov")
Blue_RUCarrier:PatrolZones({ZONE:New("ZONESHIP1"),ZONE:New("ZONESHIP2")},120)

I made the zones very small, the ships would run happily for 6 Hours (mission restart).

Oh man, that's brilliant! I'll start playing with it. I'll even probably get this figured out on my own, but is FindByName the name (the one you change at the top), or Group Name (the one that add's the #001, etc)?

And, to make sure I'm following, you are referring to Trigger Zones, correct? Set a few up floating around and send the ship to one, then the next, etc etc?

***EDIT***

It doesn't like PatrolZones, and I can't find anything on it...Is this DCS or MOOSE thing? Or something I need to define?

Edited by Swany

B. "Swany" Swanberg

EVGA 2080Ti 11GB

Oculus Rift S VR

Here ya go just a simple MIZ tested this morning no log errors

EDIT:- If you don't want to wait move the top zone to somewhere south of the ship

You are a Beautiful person! I'll grab them and take a look tonight when I get home from work. Really appreciate the help you've been giving

B. "Swany" Swanberg

EVGA 2080Ti 11GB

Oculus Rift S VR

Ok, saw what I did wrong, and mine works now with the correction. Quad, you are rocking with the help, thanks!

I'm assuming PatrolZones() is a MOOSE thing? I still can't find any help in it. I have the pop ups working within LTD, and they show me pretty much everything else, but not PZ, so I can't see what the parameters are. I get the ZONE:New is telling it "Go there next", but what's the number (120) for? Some type of timing thing?

And when you say small zone, how small? I'm using 1000, that too big? I'm assuming they move to the center of the zone before they turn?

***EDIT***

So...trying to puzzle this out...everything is working, except, they are moving in reverse zone order. I setup STN_1, STN_2, STN_3, and STN_4 zones...Told it, in order ZONE:New("STN_1),ZONE:New(STN_2), etc etc....But they are going 4, 3, 2, 1 instead ??? And yet, I setup a Tarawa, gave it two TZ's, and it moves correctly, from 1, 2

***EDIT***

Ok, dug through the LUA and found what I needed. It's random. It picks a random zone from the list created and then moves towards it. I'm still digging, I'd like to find a way to get it to move from 1, 2, 3, 4 etc

Edited by Swany

B. "Swany" Swanberg

EVGA 2080Ti 11GB

Oculus Rift S VR