F-15E?

JazonXD

Just to clarify has it been stated which exact block razbam is modeling?

I'm really hoping for late enough production block that has the more powerfull 229 engines

IMo the 220,s will be a bit underpowered on a f15e given greater weight relative to the f15c

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Just to clarify has it been stated which exact block razbam is modeling?

I'm really hoping for late enough production block that has the more powerfull 229 engines

IMo the 220,s will be a bit underpowered on a f15e given greater weight relative to the f15c

The -15s are not block dependent, they are location dependent. The tails with 220s vs 229s are not separated out by block, it’s based off base/unit assignment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
So...um Which engine are we getting?

Hoping its the powerful one...

I don't see any reason for them to use the -220 vs. the -229. I think most of the DCS community would ditch the module if they had a jet that refuses to go supersonic under 30,000ft (unless it's the hawg, of course.)

But still, don't expect going supersonic with a full bomb load to be the norm. Also don't expect to BFM a flanker and win. The thing is a pig compared to the C model.

If I remember well they planned including both engine types

Yeah, with 220 could be a bit underpowered when howling bombs on CFTs.

But variant with 229, or even better GE. With CFT dismounted. In light AA configuration. This could be a rocket.

I don't recall seeing any pictures (never saw any in real life as I am not in the US) of the F-15E without its CFT, there is too much advantages as the plane is mainly made for bombing and attacking rather than fighting anyway, so they don't need the additional maneuverability or thrust to weight, the CFT also give additional pylons and they are really aerodynamic, meaning turn one of the best dogfighter into a fierce strike aircraft, and nowadays there are almost no dogfights, at least for the US, so they don't need that, mainly considering that anyway they have the F-22 if they need to really goes extreme on aerial combat.

It is a little like a lighter transformation of the F-15D than the SU-27/30 to the SU-34, btw I would love to see both F-15E and SU-34 dogfight, two fighters rebuilded/transformed to blow everything on the ground that

meet on the sky.

If they want to be realistic they could make the CFT removable, but it would be too OP to see F-15E without CFT loaded with AMRAAM on multiplayers, because of that alone, they might not make them removable.

@AeriaGloria they can in real life !

The best image showing them unfitted come from Wikipedia :

F-15E_CFT.jpg

In fact they can even be mounted on the F-15A/B/C/D, here is a quote and an image :

The Eagle's conformal fuel tanks, also known as "FAST packs," have been around almost as long as the F-15 itself, first being test flown in 1974. I wrote all about the Eagle's CFTs and their origin in a past feature about how the Israeli Air Force has modified the F-15 since early on for its unique needs, stating:

"One of the features that the F-15E would be built with was conformal fuel tanks, otherwise known as “FAST Packs,” as in Fuel And Sensor Tactical Packs. These flank hugging 849 gallon tanks were not new to the F-15 with the advent of the Strike Eagle, in fact they were envisioned as an option for the F-15C/D and even retrofittable to the A and B models early on, with the first test flight being flown with them attached to an Eagle in the mid 1970s. They were envisioned to carry everything from fuel to cargo, although the majority of these concepts never made it to fruition."

message-editor%2F1532537638597-jjajj131.jpg

And here are two pictures of F-15C (the first might be a D, I can't tell from the front) with CFT :

f-15-7.jpg

EDknaRRXoAAkqi1.jpg

CPU : I7 6700k, MB : MSI Z170A GAMING M3, GC : EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 GAMING iCX, RAM : DDR4 HyperX Fury 4 x 8 Go 2666 MHz CAS 15, STORAGE : Windows 10 on SSD, games on HDDs.

Hardware used for DCS : Pro, Saitek pro flight rudder, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift.

Own : A-10C, Black Shark (BS1 to BS2), P-51D, FC3, UH-1H, Combined Arms, Mi-8MTV2, AV-8B, M-2000C, F/A-18C, Hawk T.1A

Want : F-14 Tomcat, Yak-52, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E, MiG-21Bis, F-86F, MAC, F-16C, F-15E.

C/Ds use “fast packs”, same principal just internally designed a little differently.

E’s can fly without CFTs. It’s still done, at times, but it’s not a wartime config. There’s a lot more underlying limitations that most just won’t understand. Have to install a few additional fairings, vortex generators on the airframe, etc...but that’s getting a bit into the weeds.

I don't see any reason for them to use the -220 vs. the -229. I think most of the DCS community would ditch the module if they had a jet that refuses to go supersonic under 30,000ft (unless it's the hawg, of course.)

But still, don't expect going supersonic with a full bomb load to be the norm. Also don't expect to BFM a flanker and win. The thing is a pig compared to the C model.

Don’t let that desert summer heat get ya down man! :) Could be worse...like Bagram.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, sorry - very late to the thread. Any updates on the possibility of getting a Mudhen hi-fidelity module? Or is it still just vaporware at this point? TIA.

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

Razbam has already announced....a year ago

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So..... are they actively working on it? Or did it fizzle out? I assume no real updates since?

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

So..... are they actively working on it? Or did it fizzle out? I assume no real updates since?

Well, they announced they will not be working on new modules until the existing modules are finished. Then a month or two later they started teasing mig23 pics, while of course the M2k and harrier and mig19 are still not done. Sooo, you take that for what its worth.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

We get an “announcement” of module X with pictures and then about 2 years later we get early access with 2-3 years of further development. We are only about 1 year since the initial announcement. It’s a big project. It’s NOT coming in two weeks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Love the "Check master arm" at 4:07 then seeing the gun cross appear a second later. Would have been a shame to MEZ pen only to go through dry because you were on safe....

That might have even been before the 8 mil tape days.

Very nice. Weird that the narration called them the first bombs of the second gulf war though. Presume they are referring to Desert Fox or whatever that one was called.

I know there are plenty of crews with old tapes. Wish more would show up out there Hell, combined, there were over 4,000 dropped in about 3 months in ‘03.

Also ironic that the callsigns became the expenditure callsigns we used in ‘03. Why we ever coded those and the squawks is beyond me. What a hot mess. Legacy crap left over from the “norms” of OREs that was never actually used when it was done for real. Then we went back to doing it the same way again at home station. We’re silly that way sometimes.

i think it is getting closer

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5