Pixel Density

Kariyann71

Hello everybody,

what is the best way, increase Pixel Density in SteamVR application or use the Pixel Density adjustement in the VR settings of DCS ?

Corei7 2600K 4.4Ghz OC - NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb - 16 Gb DDR3

HP Reverb PRO HMD - Thrusmaster TWCS + TopGun Stick

I myself will always use a PD or SS setting if available in the game, otherwise I use in my case the Oculus Tray Tool ( Rift ).

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

After testing the 4 ASW options as posted https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=218202 #19 I then took a look at my PD which I had at 1.5. I tried bringing it down to 1.2 with hardly noticeable change then finally to 1.0 with a slight change but not enough to outweigh the big jump in performance. So now I'll see about trying MSAA and SSAA, I seem to recall it was hard on performance.

Any input on these would be appreciated, also I was wondering about the option 'Motion Blur' as if we don't have enough...

After testing the 4 ASW options as posted https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=218202 #19 I then took a look at my PD which I had at 1.5. I tried bringing it down to 1.2 with hardly noticeable change then finally to 1.0 with a slight change but not enough to outweigh the big jump in performance. So now I'll see about trying MSAA and SSAA, I seem to recall it was hard on performance.

Any input on these would be appreciated, also I was wondering about the option 'Motion Blur' as if we don't have enough...

SSAA will not work with VR.

MSAA - I personally run with 2x and prefer that.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Thanks, I'll check the performance hit...did you notice much?

Up to about 1.4, not too bad. With 2x MSAA it looks pretty good to me.

Don B

SO, if you set them in both the game and OTT, does one overrule the other?

Edited by AKA_Clutter
to track

----------------

AKA_Clutter

Win 10 Pro, Intel i7 8700k @4.6 GHz, EVGA RTX 3080  FTW, Ultra 64 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Acer 27" flat screen, Oculus Rift S, HP Reverb G2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Rudder Pedals HOTAS, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5 Pro w/Vector Expansion, PointCTRL.

Up to about 1.4, not too bad. With 2x MSAA it looks pretty good to me.

MSAA at 2x is a bit of a hit, which I could afford but don't notice enough improvement to leave it on. The same with PD, I can leave it at 1.5 but don't see enough improvement over 1.2 to leave it on.

Of course playing single player is a much better overall experience than jumping into a m-player scenario with 10+ players.

MSAA at 2x is a bit of a hit, which I could afford but don't notice enough improvement to leave it on. The same with PD, I can leave it at 1.5 but don't see enough improvement over 1.2 to leave it on.

Of course playing single player is a much better overall experience than jumping into a m-player scenario with 10+ players.

Yep agree, single player is all I do.

Don B

Yep agree, single player is all I do.

When I used to fly another sim, Jane's, I only flew MP missions and it was great. With DCS I do a mix of both. I must say though it's really fantastic when you fly with someone on a good connection. I miss not flying more with others but I'm too spiritic as to my times when I fly.

What I really miss is Hyper Lobby...that was what really enabled pilots to fly with each other quite easily with no planning...it was a 24 hr ready roompilotfly.gif

What I really miss is Hyper Lobby...that was what really enabled pilots to fly with each other quite easily with no planning...it was a 24 hr ready roompilotfly.gif

Those were the days my friend... ...

----------------

AKA_Clutter

Win 10 Pro, Intel i7 8700k @4.6 GHz, EVGA RTX 3080  FTW, Ultra 64 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Acer 27" flat screen, Oculus Rift S, HP Reverb G2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Rudder Pedals HOTAS, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5 Pro w/Vector Expansion, PointCTRL.