Low FPS with 1080ti

Hello guys I have some problem with in my VR.I got upgrade gpu to 1080ti and I did not see a big difference.On multiplayer with VR I have about 45 or 25 FPS and without it about 70fps.I have the same FPS with my old gtx1060 6gb.On bios I see ram runs about 2400.Should I go the 3000mhz?

Should I put 16gb more?

If my cpu bottleneck the gpu what can I do?

Anyone using the same cpu has any problem?

Pc specs:

Ryzen 7 1700 3ghz

Asus-Rog-Strix-B350-F-Gaming

G-Skill-TridentZ-RGB-16GB-DDR4-3000MHz

Msi gtx 1080ti

Samsung-970-Evo-NVMe-M-2-250GB

Edited by slowmover

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unfortunately, I think you are CPU limited.

I have the 1600X overclocked to 4Ghz and a 1080ti. I did some testing awhile back, and found that even on lowest settings, I still can’t consistently get more than 45fps. Predictably, GPU utilization was low, and CPU use on one core was high (after some analysis - it isn’t obvious).

My recommendations:

1. Overclock the 1700 if you can, you should be able to get close to 4ghz all cores;

2. Reduce CPU heavy options like shadows, civ traffic, and trees;

3. Increase graphics heavy settings like MSAA, PD, textures, etc until you reach about 90% GPU utilization, but before you see frame rates start to drop.

4. Not an option for everyone, but I frequently play on my dedicated server. This allows me to run missions with lots of AI, where the server handles the CPU intensive AI and frees up my system to focus on rendering. Some of these missions I run have so much AI they cripple even my gaming system, but run great on the server.

The above recommendations, particularly 2 and 3, will ensure you get the best balance between CPU and GPU usage. You’ll still be stuck at the lowest bottleneck (45fps for CPU limitations) but you will get as much graphical fidelity as is possible for that frame rate.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Unfortunately, I think you are CPU limited.

I have the 1600X overclocked to 4Ghz and a 1080ti. I did some testing awhile back, and found that even on lowest settings, I still can’t consistently get more than 45fps. Predictably, GPU utilization was low, and CPU use on one core was high (after some analysis - it isn’t obvious).

My recommendations:

1. Overclock the 1700 if you can, you should be able to get close to 4ghz all cores;

2. Reduce CPU heavy options like shadows, civ traffic, and trees;

3. Increase graphics heavy settings like MSAA, PD, textures, etc until you reach about 90% GPU utilization, but before you see frame rates start to drop.

4. Not an option for everyone, but I frequently play on my dedicated server. This allows me to run missions with lots of AI, where the server handles the CPU intensive AI and frees up my system to focus on rendering. Some of these missions I run have so much AI they cripple even my gaming system, but run great on the server.

The above recommendations, particularly 2 and 3, will ensure you get the best balance between CPU and GPU usage. You’ll still be stuck at the lowest bottleneck (45fps for CPU limitations) but you will get as much graphical fidelity as is possible for that frame rate.

I have no idea how to overclock cpu and I am afraid to do that.I believe it is better to change motherboard and cpu and go to intel.What you think?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How I disable it?

a lot of folks like to use Oculus Tray Tool.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I have no idea how to overclock cpu and I am afraid to do that.I believe it is better to change motherboard and cpu and go to intel.What you think?

Up to you, but it will be a significant expense for minimal gain. You might get 5fps extra, Ryzen is not a bad chip and only lags behind intel slightly.

The issue is the DCS engine is CPU intensive, and until it is better optimized (Vulkan API), there isn’t a system out there that can hold 90fps in VR.

Overclocking to moderate levels is pretty safe, and amounts to a free upgrade. There are plenty of guides online for how to safely do this. Ultimately, it’s up to you, an overclock will only gain you a little bit so if you are not comfortable doing it, it won’t be a huge loss to you.

At this point, we just need to accept that 45fps is going to have to do, for now. I find 45fps to be quite playable myself.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Up to you, but it will be a significant expense for minimal gain. You might get 5fps extra, Ryzen is not a bad chip and only lags behind intel slightly.

The issue is the DCS engine is CPU intensive, and until it is better optimized (Vulkan API), there isn’t a system out there that can hold 90fps in VR.

Overclocking to moderate levels is pretty safe, and amounts to a free upgrade. There are plenty of guides online for how to safely do this. Ultimately, it’s up to you, an overclock will only gain you a little bit so if you are not comfortable doing it, it won’t be a huge loss to you.

At this point, we just need to accept that 45fps is going to have to do, for now. I find 45fps to be quite playable myself.

Can you post your settings so I try them at least?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You want to hold 45 fps with ASW if you can for smooth game play and decent looks.

What settings have you got set in game sinuos?

I hit the VR preset button, then up the view distance to high, textures to high and a PD of 1.5.

Even with that, I have ups and downs below 45 on large missions etc. That's my starting point.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

You want to hold 45 fps with ASW if you can for smooth game play and decent looks.

What settings have you got set in game sinuos?

I hit the VR preset button, then up the view distance to high, textures to high and a PD of 1.5.

Even with that, I have ups and downs below 45 on large missions etc. That's my starting point.

I have the preset vr settings with pd1,5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]