If we're getting HARMs soon

FoxTwo

Patch isn't until next week so they have some time.

You don't want that. If you release next Wednesday, you need to test the package early. So I hope that it's pretty clear already whats in or not. Otherwise there might be some surprises in there as well.

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

I believe they already have HARM implemented in the internal build most likely under testing and AFAIK Matt wont make a video untill all things sorted out and ready. I'd wait next Sunday or Monday for the video.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

@OP: HTS pod is further down on the roadmap, but it will come eventually. The HARM will be released without the HTS first and will be limited to HARM as a Sensor (HAS) and POS mode untill the HTS arrives later and will then provide advanced targeting modes.

You don't want that. If you release next Wednesday, you need to test the package early. So I hope that it's pretty clear already whats in or not. Otherwise there might be some surprises in there as well.

You're aware that testing and making a feature video are two different things?

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Also need codes for US systems since some MP maps use a mix of systems for base defense.

AMD 5800X, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Ultra, 64GB G. Skill Ripjaws@3200, CoolerMaster ML360 AIO, Samsung 970 Evo 1TB, Samsung 960 Evo 250GB, Samsung 850 Evo 1TB, Sandisk 960GB, WD 2TB Black HDD, Asus GTX 1080FE, CoolerMaster C700M Case, Logitech G815 Kb, Logitech G903 Mouse, G13 Gamepad, Z906 500w 5.1 surround speakers, Track IR /w Trackclip pro, TM Cougar MFDS, Warthog Stick on Virpil Warbird Base/Throttle, MFG Crosswinds, 3 x AOC 27" curved 1440p monitors @ 7680 x 1440 resolution, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
I could've sworn the Viper can carry Four HARMS, why only two? I'm cool with a center tank and refueling it's actually how I use my Viper, maximize load-out through use of the tankers.

Although there were 4x tests at Edwards years ago, we have no evidence that this was ever used operationally. Additionally, our documents for a 2007 Blk 50 clearly specifies STA 3 and 7 only.

If you or anyone else has contrary evidence for a 2007 Blk 50, we look forward to seeing it.

Kind regards,

Wags

Although there were 4x tests at Edwards years ago, we have no evidence that this was ever used operationally. Additionally, our documents for a 2007 Blk 50 clearly specifies STA 3 and 7 only.

If you or anyone else has contrary evidence for a 2007 Blk 50, we look forward to seeing it.

Kind regards,

Wags

Kinda like those LAU-88s and the AGM-65s :D ;) Sorry Wags, couldn't resist, I know not exactly the same, but close in my book :lol:

I7-9700KF@5ghz, 32GB DDR4 3200, RTX 3090, Pimax 5k+, Virpil T-50CM2 base with Warthog, F/A-18, T-50cm, and VFX grips, Saitek X65F, Saitek Switch Panel, TM Cougar MFDs, TM TPR pedals, JetSeat and bass pucks, H640P for VRK, PointCtrl

3rd Space Vest project for basic G Seat/G Suit simulation

I could've sworn the Viper can carry Four HARMS, why only two? I'm cool with a center tank and refueling it's actually how I use my Viper, maximize load-out through use of the tankers.

3 years in Misawa, Wild Weasel Heaven and never saw more than 2 carried. STA3 and 7. That makes sense.

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

Kind regards,

Wags

I'm not sure how accurate it is but The Modern Viper Guide by Jake Melampy states the same thing. And usually those publications are pretty good references. If anyone else knows more, please let us all know.

PS: That book is awesome!

The OFP can handle HARM on station 3467 but only 37 is cleared for flight. SEAD mission requires ALQ on 5, HARM quite draggy, there's no fuel left to fly the mission.

True! But that's why there's External fuel tanks! Most SEAD flights I've seen, it's always the same configuration: ALQ on 5, 2EXT tanks, 2HARM, 2AMRAAM.

Do you mean just a list to remind?

Yes, a static list with all the SAM codes in the kneeboard would be great, so we don't have to tab out of the game to look them up when programming the HARM tables. That would be especially useful for VR pilots! :)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

• ED Team

We have three values for each radar - name, RWR symbol and ID code. And we have 50+ items to show, if we want to show all SAMs, ships and other related stuff. There is no much space on the list, so we should come up with how to show them all.

It could be small font, separate lists for SAMs, ships, or something else. We will think what we can do. But idea is great, thanks! :thumbup:

We have three values for each radar - name, RWR symbol and ID code. And we have 50+ items to show, if we want to show all SAMs, ships and other related stuff. There is no much space on the list, so we should come up with how to show them all.

It could be small font, separate lists for SAMs, ships, or something else. We will think what we can do. But idea is great, thanks! :thumbup:

Seperate lists for SAMs, ships and so on would be great! :thumbup:

What I don't want is some sort of smart dynamic lists, that only display emitters that are present in the mission, because that might already give away some information that you might not be supposed to know when flying the mission.

Tornado3 small.jpg