No bullet ?

dureiken

And just because of things:

Others will always see your bullets with tracers (even from the front or from the sides (which isn't necessarily how tracers work) ...

so if you think you can get some stealthy gunshots at someone by not taking the tracers -> nope.

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

And just because of things:

Others will always see your bullets with tracers (even from the front or from the sides (which isn't necessarily how tracers work) ...

so if you think you can get some stealthy gunshots at someone by not taking the tracers -> nope.

This is good to know :thumbup:

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

a tracer bullet has a small pyrotechnic element at the end of the round. from the vantage point of the operator, ala a pilot, it is seen as a ball. when it deviates from its trajectory, it will look like a line. looking from the side, the tracer will immediately look like a line. i was a tank crewman and the sabot rounds did not have a tracer. however from the side you could see the round after it fired was a projectile seeming to be much longer than reality. tracers are the same. our eyes cant keep up with the velocity. no tracer rounds in an aircraft at night would be a huge advantage if there was confidence where the bullets are hitting. with tracers you are pretty much telling everyone where you are.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

a tracer bullet has a small pyrotechnic element at the end of the round. from the vantage point of the operator, ala a pilot, it is seen as a ball. when it deviates from its trajectory, it will look like a line. looking from the side, the tracer will immediately look like a line. i was a tank crewman and the sabot rounds did not have a tracer. however from the side you could see the round after it fired was a projectile seeming to be much longer than reality. tracers are the same. our eyes cant keep up with the velocity. no tracer rounds in an aircraft at night would be a huge advantage if there was confidence where the bullets are hitting. with tracers you are pretty much telling everyone where you are.

Off topic and no offense, but what sabot rounds are those? The M829 120mm SABOT most definitely does have a tracer, hence the standard nomenclature of Armor Piercing, Fin Stabilized, Discarding Sabot-Tracer(APFSDS-T).

Off topic and no offense, but what sabot rounds are those? The M829 120mm SABOT most definitely does have a tracer, hence the standard nomenclature of Armor Piercing, Fin Stabilized, Discarding Sabot-Tracer(APFSDS-T).

no offense taken. i was a crewman on an m60a3 in the 80s. the gun was 105 mm M900. no tracers in sabot of this caliber and this time. though there were tracers in every other possible 105 round.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain