Replace Stennis with Super Carrier?

Habu_69

Tried simple replacement of Stennis with Supercarrier in older mission in ME and could not get Shooter to recognize keybind to command launch. So I was stuck on the cat. Felt sorry for the unfortunate deck hand standing there twirling his finger forever. Probably thinking "When is this dumb sum'bitch gonna be ready?" Anyone else had success doing this?

Edited by Habu_69

I was able to take my 'work in progress' mission and replace the Stennis with the SC Washington . . everything worked as it should.

Post your mission, I'll give it a try.

i7-7700K 4.20Ghz | GeForce GTX 1080Ti DUKE | ASUS Maximus IX Hero Z270 | Samsung 960 | Corsair CPU Cooler | G.SKILL 32GB | Oculus VR Rift | Saitek PRO Pedals & TM HOTAS Warthog Throttle & Joystick |

Yes, I've had quite a bit of success in swapping out the Stennis for one of the new carriers. You can't simply change the Stennis unit...odd things happen.

What I do is place a new carrier, then use a new trigger circle to mark the location of the old Stennis. Place the trigger circle on a recognizable spot, like the radar above the bridge. I reassign all the Stennis triggers in the mission to the new carrier, duplicate all the Stennis' waypoints with the new carrier, set all the carrier aircraft launch and landing waypoints to "turning point", and remove the Stennis. I then move the new carrier to the Stennis' position by using the new trigger circle as a reference, and set the aircraft to takeoff and land as they were on Stennis.

You'll need to set most of them to late activation, and you can control which aircraft go where on the parking spots by spawning them one second apart via triggers.

It'll take some experimentation for you to get them parked in the right places. I've been working on doing that since Thursday morning and just got them all to launch as planned this morning.

Some thumb rules:

1. Late Activation aircraft apparently only spawn in spots 5 - 16.

2. Spots 1 - 4 seem to require spawning at mission start.

3. E-2s and S-3s fit best in spots 5 - 8.

4. If you're launching a mix of Hornets and Tomcats, the best place to spot the Tomcats are spots 13 and 14.

5. Anything parked in spot 11 will taxi out just in time to collide behind CAT 1 with the aircraft in spot 14. You may be able to manage this by changing the start times, but I haven't been able to make it work.

Very Respectfully,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

London

"In my private manual I firmly believed the only time there was too much fuel aboard any aircraft was if it was fire." --Ernest K. Gann

Yoda - any info on what odd things happened when just changing the Stennis unit?

The one thing I did notice when doing so is that statics linked to the old Stennis behaved strangely - resetting to the centre of the new carrier, and losing their rotations.

I did not notice anything else.

Yoda - any info on what odd things happened when just changing the Stennis unit?

The SC places non-static units on the deck in the order they were added to the mission, and you have no way to change that order when updating an old mission.

Very Respectfully,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

London

"In my private manual I firmly believed the only time there was too much fuel aboard any aircraft was if it was fire." --Ernest K. Gann