MSI Afterburner and the OSD

Is anyone using MSI Afterburner with DCS? I have the on-screen display running for other games so I can see GPU temp and framerate. In DCS I don't see anything. I've added DCS.exe as a profile and tried the various detection levels but no joy with it.

Valve Index | RTX 3070 Ti (Mobile) | i7-12700H @ 2.7GHz | 16GB RAM

Is anyone using MSI Afterburner with DCS? I have the on-screen display running for other games so I can see GPU temp and framerate. In DCS I don't see anything. I've added DCS.exe as a profile and tried the various detection levels but no joy with it.

Does not work with 64-bit apps such as DCS.

If you use the Android/iPhone app you can monitor everything but the FPS. It requires the MSI Afterburner Remote Server to be active on your system though, but its available for free from the MSI website.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My computer specs below:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Lightning 2GB VRAM @1.3GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 | SSD 1: Corsair Force 3 120GB (SATA 6) | SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (SATA 6) | Hybrid disc: Seagate Momentus Hybrid 500/4GB (SATA 3) | Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 | Mouse: QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | OS: Win7/64

If you use the Android/iPhone app you can monitor everything but the FPS. It requires the MSI Afterburner Remote Server to be active on your system though, but its available for free from the MSI website.

Thanks, I'll try this.

Valve Index | RTX 3070 Ti (Mobile) | i7-12700H @ 2.7GHz | 16GB RAM

It's easy to set up the Remote Server:

1. Download the zip-file from the MSI website

2. Download the app

3. Extract the files in the zip to a location of your choice (doesn't matter where as long as all the extracted files are in the same folder)

4. Run the .exe file

5. Left-click on the RS icon in the system tray to find out on what IP and port the server is listening (if you are behind a router/firewall you may have to forward the port and make a firewall exception). Its the external address you are looking for...

6. Enter the IP+port number in the app in the format x.x.x.x:yy where "yy" is the port number and hit monitor!

Note that FPS can't be monitored! But at least to me, temps etc are of much more interest!

Edited by El Hadji

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My computer specs below:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Lightning 2GB VRAM @1.3GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 | SSD 1: Corsair Force 3 120GB (SATA 6) | SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (SATA 6) | Hybrid disc: Seagate Momentus Hybrid 500/4GB (SATA 3) | Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 | Mouse: QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | OS: Win7/64