VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Everytime I try to use Vaicom AiRio extension and give Jester a valid command as soon as I hear the beep you get when a command is understood Voice Attack crashes. Works fine for any other commands with any other module. Just cant use AiRio for some reason

Owned Modules: F-18, F-16, F-14, AV-8B, A-10c, Huey, Hip, KA-50, Gazelle, Mig 15, Mig 19, Mig 21, FC3, P-51, BF-109, C-101, L-39, F-5, YAK-52

PC Specs- 8700k at 5.1GHz on Asrock z370 Fata1ity k6, EVGA 1080ti SSC2, 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ, 1TB NVMe m.2 Drive for DCS with a 500gb NVMe M.2 boot drive, Oculus Rift S

@Aeons: I had the same problem with radio tune and wondered about the missing editor keywords; but it works, my solution was to train the MS speech engine with 2 cycles (I have a strong Austrian accent).

Mr. Hollywood, thanks a lot for this great piece of software, its genius.

PLEASE, if possible, update the Steerpoint-from-F10-Map-Marker command!

Best regards

With VAICOM on, DCS COMM menù is shown also if the PTT is not pressed and no command is issue. If I close it with F12 then is already displayed.

This is annoying problem because during the flight if I'm not careful to check in COMM menù is open i can press e COMM function instead of change view

I cannot disable the DCS COMM menù via VIACOM because:

1 - not all command are recognized

2 - I don't remember all command

3 - see next post

If there are more then one Tanker with the same name but different number i.e. Texaco1 and Texaco2 or the Tanker that i need (e.g. Texaco2) is not the closest to me i'm not able to contact it but the command is sent to the other Tanker - i guess because it doesn't answer Texaco2 to the voice command but it answer only to the keyboard command but if in don't change frequency to Texaco1, Texaco1 it answer to my voice call-

No response from Wingman

Hi Guys.

I hope the following makes sense to someone,

I'm using VA with Viacom Pro, I fly the A10C mainly, I'm using the Surrounded mission to practice voice comms with my wingman.

The VA speech box is working fine, beeps, static etc the problem arises when I try to issue a command to my wingman.

The config box reads as

TX1-VHF AM

TX2-UHF

TX3-VHF FM

However as soon as I start the mission the PTT tab shows TX2-UHF change to CB UHF, this also shows in the comms menu top right of screen.

I ask my wingman to go trail, I hear my own voice and wingman responds and starts to make his turn, and thats as much as I can get, any further commands ie Engage Armor, Air Defences etc etc, nothing, zilch, nada.

I get the confirmatory beeps and the commands register in the VA box.

I've tried, reinstall, the 2 min fix, everything I can think of but no joy, has anyone else had this particular problem ?

1282660389_DesktopScreenshot2019_06.18-13_48_05_97.thumb.png.4c6ff248f0a25a9da40013b053154e8e.png

1953556938_DesktopScreenshot2019_06.18-14_09_49_70.thumb.png.3dd9243b7ea288c2e93e7da7cd107ac8.png

338931978_DesktopScreenshot2019_06.18-14_09_59_82.thumb.png.2e13dfda3f56ecda4030c5e50f20455e.png

AIRIO works haphazardly

I am struggling a bit here.

Some commands works and some commands doesn't and some things are just wierdo.

1) If I say "Scan Range 50" I get a OK from Jester. But Jester doesn't do anyting.

2) If I say "Scan Range 100" Nothing happens.

None of the Radar commands works

Iceman -- All turns seems to be opposite of what you tell him

1) Turn left 45 <--- Iceman do a Right turn 5

2) Doesnt listen at all to heading commands

3) Angels commands works fine.

4) Heading commands doesn't work at all.

When I do alias check i comes up with "Alias absent from profile: for".

Anyone can tell me what my problem is?

I have a question. Is there a way to make a keybinding for the various buttons on the VAICOM interface? I'm trying to make a Streamdeck profile where I can control the VAICOM. Obviously the TX1-TX6 buttons work because those are keybound to keys #1-6,

IE: Select PTT mode, select up, select down, chatter volume increase, chatter volume decrease, comms volume increase, comms volume decrease.

gWf9kzi.png

@KewlerMouh Thanks for the generous comment. The Map Markers feature is work in progress for next AIRIO update.

@Greyhound Try run a DCS repair and restart VA.

@Ares63 Not sure I follow. You may want to inspect your keybinds in dcs options, manual page 10.

@Shane45 CB UHF is normal. Make sure your apps are all up-to-date (VA, VAICOM, 3rd party apps) and inspect dcs.log for clues.

Run a DCS Repair and restart VA, for testing disable other app entries in export.lua. Feel free to PM.

@bucketeye Make sure you're using the correct profile and that your database is updated with the AIRIO keywords.

Also HB have made several Jester changes in latest DCS OpenBeta.

These will be addressed in next AIRIO update after the changes have propagated to Release version.

DCS Release works normal.

@Spartanic There's no API in place atm for keybinding those functions.

It is a nice idea though, may be considered for feature roadmap.

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

@Hollywood_315

Darn! Hopefully in the future.

I just bought Voice attack and your complete VAICOM package the other day (also very new to DCS). I have to admit, I had one hell of a time setting it up. It was mainly because I've never used Voice attack, so everything was new and a bit confusing at first. But once I set it all up, installed it all properly, and did a little voice training, HOLY HELL IS IT AWESOME! The bit of immersion your product adds is really fun! Thank you!

I feel silly for saying this, but when I first started, I was literally screaming at RIO to do the startup option for about an hour. I found out I totally biffed the install and also did no voice recognition training. The wife came in and asked who the hell I was yelling at. LOL!

"Jester startup" - I said

"Chester start the pop up call" - voice attack interpreted

" no no no no" - I said

" JE SSS TTT EEERR starrrrrr T up" - I said again

nothing...

" Ah screw it, Jester rock and roll!" - I said

rock music starts playing as I sit parked on the ground eating chips. :lol:

Hollywood,

I say this in the best possible way: your success with VAICOM Pro has apparently outgrown your support model. In short, your dedication to supporting VAICOM Pro is outstanding, but a single thread approaching 300 pages is unwieldy for search purposes.

Have you contacted the moderators about giving you a sub-category? That would allow people to start threads about individual issues, which also makes for more efficient searching for people with similar issues.

@Moderators, please give this man a sub-category!

Hollywood,

I say this in the best possible way: your success with VAICOM Pro has apparently outgrown your support model. In short, your dedication to supporting VAICOM Pro is outstanding, but a single thread approaching 300 pages is unwieldy for search purposes.

Have you contacted the moderators about giving you a sub-category? That would allow people to start threads about individual issues, which also makes for more efficient searching for people with similar issues.

This, Please!

Hollywood,

Very good suggestion!

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Hollywood,

Absolutely :thumbup:

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Hollywood,

:thumbup:

Fully agree!!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Hollywood,

+1 and a few more on this this point.

Outstanding product and service. Always look forward to progress on this app.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

Finally got VA/VAICOM working well, after doing the speech training a couple of times.

One thing I can't figure out though, is if it is possible to change the aircraft specific VAICOM button assignments for TX1/TX2 etc. In particular, in the Hornet the default is COMM1 is forward press and COMM2 is downward press, whereas the real aircraft is press up for COMM1.

Also second the suggestion of a dedicated forum for VAICOM, it is an awesome product and combined with VR it is a game changer

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

I’ve had to create separate VA profiles based on the main VAICOM one for that reason. It works, but makes updating your keywords a pain in the ass.

I’d like a better solution too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

I also use separate profiles for most aircraft. I added any extra keywords I wanted to one and then copied it.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Hollywood,

Exactly my thoughts and highly anticipated.

sharkfin out!

Support your local AirTransportWing !

NEW RIG:

RYZEN 7  5800X3D~ AORUS GTX 1080Ti ~ AORUS X570S Elite AX ~64 GB Corsair Venegance DDR-4 3600 ~ BeQuiet AIO Silent loop 2 360  watercooled ~ Samsung 890 Pro M.2 (2TB) + 870 EVO (1TB) SSD ~ WIN 10 64-bit ~ AOC 31.5" Gaming 144Hz Display ~ DelanClip@TrackIR 5 ~ TM Warthog no.2 ~Saitek rudder pedals~ 2 TM MFDs on 2nd 27"display ~ Buddyfox A-10 UFC ~ CDU/AAP panel via DCSBios ~ ARC-210 (soldering WIP)

@Spartanic :rotflmao:

@Andrew @Rogue That's a good point. Can you let me know if this is specific to the FA-18C or does it also apply to some other aircraft.

@Home Fries Cheers mate, much appreciated.

You're right of course. Let me have a chat with the forum admins and see what can be done.

@all Thanks for your support! :thumbup:

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com