HOTAS controls of the A/V-8B?

Voyager

Can anyone point me to what the actual buttons on the A/V-8B HOTAS are and what they do? I'm looking to put together a unified control map of the aircraft I'm either currently flying, or interested in flying in the future, and the venerable Harrier is definitely on that list of future planes to fly.

Thank you,

Harry Voyager

you can find that in the tacmanual which is findable, but we can't post links due to rule 1.16.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

From Chuck's Guide - great tutorial guides, from the community hero of pictured guides for getting to grips with new aircraft.

580ce96010084907883f9d9b9e2b8f74.jpg

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

In what condition is the HOTAS system atm? Does it somehow compare to A10 or F18 where you can access all relevant functions via throttle and stick? E.g. can you control the TGP via throttle/stick or do you have to use other controls?

Thank you!

Most are on the HOTAS, though some functions of the TGP that you could use the A-10C's HOTAS must be interacted with the OSB on the MPCD.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

Would be nice to have a list of all the multiple functions each button press vs longpress does, I.e. WP increment short vs long press. We have lots of documents similar for the A10, harrier would be nice.

There is but forum rule 1.16 prevents me from copying and pasting or even referencing the manual you can find it. I'll summarize in another post, here.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

All short clicks or double clicks are a little less than 1 second.

SSS double click down - TPOD to HOTAS mode when video is displayed.

SSS short click aft - Toggle area and point track.

SSS long hold aft - Inertial Track mode.

SSS short click left - Toggle wide and narrow FOV.

SSS long hold left - Enter LASER spot search mode.

SSS short click right - Toggles between white and black hot.

SSS long hold right - Toggles between FLIR and CCD (day TV) sensor.

SSS forward - Deselects TPOD video and disables TPOD HOTAS mode.

Undesignate - Slaves TPOD to A/C CMD LOS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist