DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

Has anyone tried the current version of SRS with an a-10? does not seem to work. You can hear others on the channel but they can't hear you/you can't xmit.

A couple of check boxes in settings control if SRS is going to use in cockpit switches or the SRS hotkeys for the A10C.

Is there a server config file somewhere where you set the servers IP address?

Specs:

Fractal Design Define R5 Black, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E, Intel Core i5-8600K Coffee Lake @ 5.1 GHz, MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X, Corsair H110i, G.Skill TridentZ 32GB (2x16GB), Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB SSD

In-game coms are a great idea, all you need to do now is introduce ATC that can be operated by players. Much like Flight Sim X. That would be awesome

Why not use the AWACS panel? Seems to me that's exactly what it's there for.

My Simple radio does not obey the rules I set up with fx Radio 1 using the "left" audio channel and radio 2 using the "right" audio channel. Everything just comes out as "Both" all the time which makes it hard to differentiate who is talking.

Any idea why SRS doesn't follow the radio channel rules?

My Simple radio does not obey the rules I set up with fx Radio 1 using the "left" audio channel and radio 2 using the "right" audio channel. Everything just comes out as "Both" all the time which makes it hard to differentiate who is talking.

Any idea why SRS doesn't follow the radio channel rules?

If your headset has virtual surround (as mine does) itll appear not to work. If I disable the virtual surround it then works perfectly, with left and right completely separated

For further support, please post your client.cfg so I can check that it's saving correctly.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

If your headset has virtual surround (as mine does) itll appear not to work. If I disable the virtual surround it then works perfectly, with left and right completely separated

For further support, please post your client.cfg so I can check that it's saving correctly.

I'm using a Steelseries Arctic 7 Wireless headset, but I have DTS turned off as it sounds quite bad to me.

Here's the .CFG file though. It seems to be saving the settings properly, but it just doesn't take effect in the software.

*Edit*

Actually wait, I searched through my Steelseries software and found that when i launch DCS, it also uses a sound profile that has DTS enabled which might be what is causing the problem. I will have a look and see if it fixes things.

client.cfg

Edited by Cruiser18

I'm using a Steelseries Arctic 7 Wireless headset, but I have DTS turned off as it sounds quite bad to me.

Here's the .CFG file though. It seems to be saving the settings properly, but it just doesn't take effect in the software.

*Edit*

Actually wait, I searched through my Steelseries software and found that when i launch DCS, it also uses a sound profile that has DTS enabled which might be what is causing the problem. I will have a look and see if it fixes things.

Not sure about your particular headset but steel series headsets sometimes have a mono output for the "chat" output. If that's selected it won't work either as it only has one channel.

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Not sure about your particular headset but steel series headsets sometimes have a mono output for the "chat" output. If that's selected it won't work either as it only has one channel.

Damn you are right. Just opened the chat output for the headset, and it only uses 1 channel, 16 bit, 48.000 mhz. That would explain it. I'll have to see if I can change it to two channels, or move the chat sounds over to the "Game" audio channels instead.

Okay, that fixed the problem. The "Speaker & optional Mic Output" setting was set to use "Headset Earphone Steelseries Arctis 7 Chat" audio channel. I changed it to use the "Headphones Steelseries Arctis 7 Game" audio instead, and now the SRS communications properly come from left and right earphone.

Thank you for the help. :)

Hi everybody,

let's say I have my buddy flying the sim with VR-gear and a headset.

I am in the same room but want to communicate with him over a headset I'm wearing myself posing as an air traffic controller, an instructor or JTAC for example.

Is this feasable to set up utilizing DCS-SRS? I want to have all its cool audio features ideally with just one computer and two headsets?

Thank you all.

Is there a server config file somewhere where you set the servers IP address?

Anyone?

Specs:

Fractal Design Define R5 Black, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E, Intel Core i5-8600K Coffee Lake @ 5.1 GHz, MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X, Corsair H110i, G.Skill TridentZ 32GB (2x16GB), Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB SSD

Hi everybody,

let's say I have my buddy flying the sim with VR-gear and a headset.

I am in the same room but want to communicate with him over a headset I'm wearing myself posing as an air traffic controller, an instructor or JTAC for example.

Is this feasable to set up utilizing DCS-SRS? I want to have all its cool audio features ideally with just one computer and two headsets?

Thank you all.

There is a new beta of SRS out that will make this possible using the external awacs mode. Basically means SRS can work without DCS running, but you'll need to run it on another pc and setup a server locally which should be easy enough.

Anyone?

Sorry that's not how networking works, your machine is given an ip, and your router is given a public IP, for SRS you can just configure the port it listens on, but that's it.

IP configuration for machines at home comes from DHCP on your home router.

There is a new beta of SRS out that will make this possible using the external awacs mode. Basically means SRS can work without DCS running, but you'll need to run it on another pc and setup a server locally which should be easy enough.

Thank you for your help.

To recap:

# I need a second computer.

# This PC #2 is to be set up as a local server.

# I run SR-Server on it (EAM ON)

# On the main (DCS) computer I run SR-ClientRadio (toggle awacs overlay).

Is this correct?

How do I enable PTT on the second PC.

Thanks again for the help and this great application.

Thank you for your help.

To recap:

# I need a second computer.

# This PC #2 is to be set up as a local server.

# I run SR-Server on it (EAM ON)

# On the main (DCS) computer I run SR-ClientRadio (toggle awacs overlay).

Is this correct?

How do I enable PTT on the second PC.

Thanks again for the help and this great application.

No worries! List looks correct

You'll configure the an SRS client on each PC and you can bind whatever you have available on each PC for the Push to Talk

On the run running awacs you can use something like Middle mouse button or a game controller if you have on available. Keyboard shortcuts will also work

The EAM stuff is in beta - so if you try it and it works - please let me know!

• 2 weeks later...
How come I don't have mic boost? I'm sounding kinda distant
SRS has autogain now. So either your microphone is to far from the corner of your mouth or the others need to adjust speaker boost, though -2 to 0 dB usually is pretty ok, unless you activate radio effects, then the receiver needs to boost the speaker a bit more.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

SRS has autogain now. So either your microphone is to far from the corner of your mouth or the others need to adjust speaker boost, though -2 to 0 dB usually is pretty ok, unless you activate radio effects, then the receiver needs to boost the speaker a bit more.

got it thx!

it probably just asks each client their LAT and LONG - it takes that info, does its quick calculation and spits out a result

your LAT/LONG position is no different if you're in single-player or multiplayer

YOU are a sentient human being that uses reason and context to form an assessment of the world and environment you're in - a computer does just that, calculates and computes - it is deterministic and it doesn't do anything more or less than precisely what its told

https://www.plough.com/en/topics/justice/reconciliation/science-and-the-soul

Edited by SDsc0rch

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Ciribob could you provide some feedback as to how SRS manages to accomplish this? I made some tests but it didnt work. One mission I started at 285nm from my friend and radios didnt work (OK), but then we got close to 10nm and it didnt work either (not ok).

thanks.

I'm still away but need more info - what were the settings on the server? Did you have frequencies on the SRS overlay? Were you both in singleplayer or multiplayer?

Search this thread for distance limitations. I did a write up of how it works a while ago :)

Both distance and line of sight are calculated and revieved power is calculated using Friis

Speaker boost feedback?

I think I have everything set up correctly but when I try it in multiplayer I can just hear mumbling. When I preview the audio I have speaker boost set at -6db and that sounds good. I watched the Grim Reapers guide and he said you might have to put the speaker boost all the way up. When I do that in the preview I get wicked feedback. I haven't tried that on the servers. Will that feedback be on the multiplayer servers or is it a function of the playback preview? How do I get it loud enough to hear but kill the feedback?

Thermaltake Core P90 Tempered Glass//Thermaltake iRGB Plus 1200W//GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER LGA 1151//i9-9900K//Thermaltake CL420 Copper Radiator//Thermaltake W4 Plus//Thermaltake 140mm Radiator Fan Triple Pack//Samsung 1TB 970 EVO NVMe M2//SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 500GB //CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB 3200//GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 TI//Logitech G940//Virpil MT50 Throttle//MFG Crosswind rudder pedals//Geko GSeat//Gametrix Jetseat//Htc Vive//Pimax 5k+//Viril VFX//Razer Nari Ultimate

Check, you have the correct output device selected (headphone?).

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)