JF-17 Thunder Discussions

probad

JF-17 vs F-16C by the end of the year would be a very interesting proposition

I was thinking exactly the same thing, with F-16 coming in Autumn, supposedly (MAC was coming in Autumn 2018 ) and JF-17 scheduled for a summer release, it will be a cool time for light fighter vs light fighter.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

With the F18 nearing completion at that time, and the F16 coming out, I wish Deka luck, its going to be a rather high bar to meet, and be competitive.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

hi guys,

sorry for the late update.

we are now busy coding and modeling.

we want to collect more screenshots, details to share with you.

what we can say now is our coding for EA features is already in final approach.

modeling for internal/external/weapons are moving forward in parallel.

manual is already WIP.

we are also adding new ground units into CAP (one is almost done, and another will start next week). Both will be drivable based on CA module.

Edited by uboats

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

hi guys,

sorry for the late update.

we are now busy coding and modeling.

we want to collect more screenshots, details to share with you.

what we can say now is our coding for EA features is already in final approach.

modeling for internal/external/weapons are moving forward in parallel.

manual is already WIP.

we are also adding new ground units into CAP (one is almost done, and another will start next week). Both will be drivable based on CA module.

Would you consider releasing an early version of the manual ahead of the module so those of us without much familiarity with the airplane can start getting up to speed ?

Would you consider releasing an early version of the manual ahead of the module so those of us without much familiarity with the airplane can start getting up to speed ?

+1 to this, I kind of hope thats the way both ED and other 3rd parties do it going forward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

+1

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

Will you beat the f16 to EA?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• 2 weeks later...

I think it will be ok. Remember, a lot of the info on Aim-120, 9X, RWR etc are classified. There will always be some guesswork on all modern DCS fighters.

You take what is public knowledge, what SME’s can tell you, maybe even run simulation to get

a good approximation of the real thing. A plausible representation. Im confident that Deka will try to get it as close as possible for a consumer simulation :)

You can do some pretty accurate guess work for a lot of things, and not so accurate for others.

Propellant for example, you can get within ball park, as well as aerodynamics. The basic guidance will be PN, and you can use lofting and other guidance methods from other missiles (And why not, the PL-12 is certainly modern enough). But when it comes to the details of the missile-aircraft interface, in particular say, the missile data-link, ECCM capability, search/target capture parameters etc, it's ALL guess work.

In other words, I'm pretty sure they can get it to be about as accurate as other missiles in-game.

So, I know Deka has some insider knowldge in order to make this aircraft.

However, my question is, how can you all make this aircraft so accurate weapon wise? Everything I see weapon wise, most of the Chinese made weapons are still super secret, and not much information provided on them. Does Deka have the ability to get the necessary info for the weapons, like the PL-12, or is there gonna be at on of guess work?

I just worry about accurate representation vs exaggerated performance.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

The PL-12 is essentially an R-77 with more conventional(albeit forward swept root is interesting) fins. I’m sure there’s more differences then that, but at least the R-77 with a bit less drag and maybe less maneuverability gets you almost there.

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Are we going to get the MAR-1 ARM at some point? I know it won't make it for early access, but will it be developed? Or couldn't get the information?

Really looking forward to this aircraft, keep up the information when you have it.

Thanks, Shadow

Edit- I don't know if the planned payload is for EA or all that will be more or less for this aircraft. If there are any extras I would love if you could share some information about them. But even then, the payload is pretty advanced.

Edited by ShadowFrost

So, I know Deka has some insider knowldge in order to make this aircraft.

However, my question is, how can you all make this aircraft so accurate weapon wise? Everything I see weapon wise, most of the Chinese made weapons are still super secret, and not much information provided on them. Does Deka have the ability to get the necessary info for the weapons, like the PL-12, or is there gonna be at on of guess work?

I just worry about accurate representation vs exaggerated performance.

Missiles in DCS are already wild guess-work. It's an oft-beaten dead horse, of course, but on many occasions the accuracy of missile performance simulation in DCS has been shown to be dubious at best. Most notably in the case of the AMRAAM as calculated by IASGATG et al. If you're interested in looking into that work, how missile performance can be reasonably estimated for simulators, and where DCS may need some work, here's some sources:

http://www.zaretto.com/sites/zaretto.com/files/missile-aerodynamic-data/AIM120C5-Performance-Assessment-rev2.pdf

Of course, as GGTharos pointed out, this is only one small piece of guesswork in a large array of factors that must be simulated, and all missile simulations in flying games are a sandwich of guesswork slices.