DCS: Mi-24P - What we know + Discussion

MrDieing

Yeah, you're right. They said, something about the Hind. But in comparison to the F-18 and now F-16 Grade of Communication ist a very vaque Info, IMHO.

I mean, look at the First true Info about the Viper. Very detailed Infos about the Systems, Weaponry und Release-Plans.

If they would so say: Hey Guys, we plan to release Hind after Viper, these and these System are planned, etc. I would be absolutely OK with that. If the Production "is well underway", why do not share anything more concrete with the community?

ED was put info about the Hind on January

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3735501&postcount=177

Sorry, but I really don't understand why you are trying to defend the none communication of ED regarding the Mi-24.

A huge number of simers are waiting this announced module since a very long time now. Most of us will agree if I say that this module will for sure become one of the most famous one of DCS.

And yes, most of us are really not happy with the non communication of ED regarding this module.

Even the announcement of the F-16 module was followed by additional news. In fact more F-16 news in two months compared to the news on the Mi-24, announced far far away !

ED or other partners are generally sharing more info during their module development process compared to the Mi-24.

And yes it is now a lot of frustration from many of us.

I really like en enjoy the ED products, the progress made during the last years was absolutely fantastic but sorry to say that the ED communication regarding the Mi-24 is shameful !

The small news begin of January sounded for me like a joke !

You can agree of disagree but for me the black hole around the Mi-24 module is a fact !

Edited by Razorback

Please Heatblur, could you hear us ? :music_whistling:

Maybe could you develop the Mi-24 like you have developed the big cat ?

A huge number of rotor heads need your expertise and even more the way you communicate which is for me really outstanding ! :smilewink:

Yes Heatblur, Mi-24D and V, like F-14A and B, pretty please! ;)

Dont expected them, If HB make a helo, can be a Navy/USMC/Sweden helo

OK, Razbam then! They are getting some considerable expertise in old Soviet tech.

Are we getting multi crew for the Mi-8?

Well, according to one of Wags' statements, I've heard, we'll get it eventually, but that's nothing new since BST's first announcement for the UH-1. I don't get it really - so many years since multicrew availability in DCS and they still didn't add it to both halicopters. It's like they rather continue working on new modules, instead of making this final step on the road of UH-1 and Mi-8 completion.

The KA50 is a great module, but I would say, its extravagant koaxial rotor design and unpopularity might hold back people from buying it and buy the Huey instead.

Big problem with Ka-50 is that it was never truelly accepted into Russian or any other military and never really used in combat, except for a brief period in Chechnya, where it was undergoing "combat trials". AFAIK those were final nail for its coffin and led to further development of Ka-52.

Because of this, among other things, Ka-50 is not truely an iconic aircraft, compared to things, like Hind, Cobra, Apache or perhaps even Havok and one might say it did very well in sales as it is, but won't be able to hold the candle to those.

The Mi-24 Hind, with no doubt, will be the top seller of all helicopters

Actually I think, Apache might beat it... Or maybe even Cobra. U.S. is the biggest market of all for 'virtual entertainment stuff' and this is home turf for those two. Not saying, that Americans won't buy Mi-24, but they'll be more prone to "blue" combat helos. Add to that sales world-wide, and they might get more sales

and surely will be an entry model in DCS for those, who never were into helicopters before. Its the most unique, impressive and popular combat helicopter, we could think of.

I think this will be Cobra, once available. I find UH-1 very easy and fun to fly. More so, than Ka-50 (in contrary to some others, who consider Kamov to be the easiest one) and since Cobra is more of the same in more aerodynamic and more powerfull package, it might be a blast!

Mi-24 on the other hand may suprise you. It should be more responsive than Mi-8, but has some nasty habits. For example, you shouldn't go above 4g's in the Hind. If you do so, you might get your controlls locked-up. If you somehow manage to regain controll, your autopilot settings will be of, so you'll have to turn it back on on the fly. So it's not a heli, I'd recommend for beginners. They should consider UH-1 (with Upuaut's Bell 47) or Gazelle.

Also a more huge variety of mission scenarios is thinkable with the Hind, more than with any other combat helicopter.

If you refer to troop transport capability, it's doable, but rarely ever executed IRL, as it makes more sense to clean up the area with Mi-24's and then drop off a ton of troops fro Mi-8s. I't would be great in DCS aswell, as we could get to coop with Mi-8 pilots.

So troop insertion missions would be cool as something different from time to time, but I sure hope they won't make a daily basis of DCS Hind experience.

What would be really cool though is to have two side window gunners, one per each side. That was done IRL (i.eg. that's how Poles flew their Hinds in Iraq and Afghanistan) and technically you can get up to eight such gunners (4 per side) in Mi-24.

So back on topic. I think the HIND is the most likely combat helicopter that we will get from Eagle Dynamics. Whenver that is.

I believe it will come before the Cobra, or any other helicopter in development with Eagle Dynamics and the reason why I believe this is twofold.

First: The Hind shares a lot of systems with the Hip, or Mi8. It's logical to assume that this will make for an easier development

Yes, all of above is the general impression, I think, we all get.

Second: AFAIK the Cobra was mostly used as a close air support helicopter gunship, usually against enemy troops, very rarely against armor. The "P" on the other hand is perfect for killing armor. DCS doesn't really do troops very well does it? Not when compared to armor.

No, it's not (unless you're talking about AH-1G). Ever since Vietnam War ended, Bell was working on making the Cobra a true combat helicopter with all the bells and wistles, that come with it. It got better armour (don't expect the flat-plate canopy glass to be armoured though ;) ), ATGMs, M197 gun turret, active and passive countermeasures and so on. In fact the variant, we're getting for DCS (AH-1F) is more capable, than Mi-24V or P.

And they were so used against the armor... Like Israeli AH-1 Tzefas in the Lebanon (they allso shot down a Gezelle in Syria ;) ) or U.S. AH-1Fs and AH-1Ws during the Desert Storm (yep, not only Apaches were there).

So it makes more sense to do a heavy attack helicopter before a close air support helicopter. At least that's my opinion on this matter.

Aside of AH-1F fitting pretty much the same role, as Mi-24, only better, I fail to see, why would it make more sense? Particularly for BST/ED. I mean, we've already been through it With UH-1, Mi-8 and Gazelle (not an ED product, but still counts ;) ).

ED was put info about the Hind on January

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3735501&postcount=177

Yes, it did, and that's pretty much, what envigorated this discusion. Mi-24 was either suggested or announced by ED and BST so many times for past 10 years, and that's all, they have to show us? I mean, for the same time they were able to develop so many modules, like two Korean War fighters, F-5, Hornet, F-15's AFM, now the F-16... And even F-4 was shown tho gain so much progress untill 2017, and that's, what they have to show us, when it comes to Mi-24? An unfinished 3D of pilot's cockpit? That's just shamefull, as Razorback wrote. I mean, I get it, that jet's have bigger priority, but c'mon.

Even the announcement of the F-16 module was followed by additional news. In fact more F-16 news in two months compared to the news on the Mi-24, announced far far away !

Just to be fair here - much, like Mi-24, F-16 was kind of announced back 10 years ago, so let's play it fair game - swallow the pill of F-16 news avalanche untill it comes out and right after then expect similar approach to Mi-24 news reveals from ED.

Other than that, I fully agree with everything, you wrote.

Edited by [105]-Rahon

-Rahon;3808667']

Actually I think, Apache might beat it... Or maybe even Cobra. U.S. is the biggest market of all for 'virtual entertainment stuff' and this is home turf for those two. Not saying, that Americans won't buy Mi-24, but they'll be more prone to "blue" combat helos. Add to that sales world-wide, and they might get more sales

Couldn´t follow up the statement, that the western aircraft models sells twice as much as the eastern aircrafts in general.

When it comes to a comparison between the MiG-15 and the F-86, the F-86 surely will be sold more often, because of the bigger market in the west, just because you would expect from these two models exactly the same capabilities, quality and gameplay... they even look the same and the decision to prefer the F-86 before the MiG15 might be more based on the expectation, than on any other reason, that western people get more quickly familiar with the module, than with the MiG-15.

I don´t think, that any flight simmer buys a module out of political reasons, but for entertaining reasons. We are looking for the quality of module, level of detail, flight modell, depth of system simulation, capabilities of the aircraft and in particular advantages in multiplayer.

Surely we rotorheads will order the Hind as same quick as the Cobra or an Apache, if there were any, but arguing from a selling point of view and to bring new players/customers into Helicopters, I think the Hind would be more preferable than the Cobra.

The Hind seems to be much more exciting and iconic already, when following the discussions about each modell. This excitement might result of the close connection between Hollywood Movies and PCgaming industrie. Mostly the movies and popular media create an iconic picture and make a military aircraft famous, of which we then could keep the excitement alive through the flight sims.

The Cobra has not really excitement and no iconic reference to the entertainment branch, like the F-14 for instance or the Hind. The Hind even has no western equivalent like most of the other aircrafts, it´s a unique helicopter worldwide.

This might be no reason for us, already being into flight simming or helicopters, but for first buyers a reason to get into it.

So, I would say in short, the more present a military aircraft is in movies or media, the better it could be sold in DCS, no matter if it´s an eastern or western modell.

Surely creating a new modell should not be based on that, but it should be taking into account on the selling point of view. Finally it´s the quality of each module, what values most.

Edited by - Voight -

F-14b Tomcat   /   AV-8B Harrier   /   F-16C Viper  /   KA-50 Black Shark   /   Mi-24 Hind   /   MiG-21bis   

My bet is that we will see Hind released together with the map of Afghanistan... well because you know why.

It will be sold as a bundle too. The same way how F-18C was with Hormuz.

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

Couldn´t follow up the statement, that the western aircraft models sells twice as much as the eastern aircrafts in general.

When it comes to a comparison between the MiG-15 and the F-86, the F-86 surely will be sold more often, because of the bigger market in the west, just because you would expect from these two models exactly the same capabilities, quality and gameplay... they even look the same and the decision to prefer the F-86 before the MiG15 might be more based on the expectation, than on any other reason, that western people get more quickly familiar with the module, than with the MiG-15.

I don´t think, that any flight simmer buys a module out of political reasons, but for entertaining reasons.

It's not all about politics, really. Some people may have wanted to fly a particular aircraft, like U.S. Apeche IRL, but couldn't make it for various reasons, so they might want to get into it in DCS more, than anything. Some other may actually do fly it IRL, or did so in the past, and would want to see, how does DCS module compare and is it at least part as cool, as it was to fly the real thing. There are allso some, who might have this sort of 'patriotic' approach to buying particular stuff, used by their country's military, regarding of where they live. And there will allways be fanboys, who saw and bellieved in one quasi-documentary video, stating that i.eg. Apache is the best combat helicopter in the world (IMHO there's no such thing as best or worst weapons platform, it all depends on plenty of variables, like proper tactics, general tactical situation, battlefield and many others) and they want the best. And Apache had lots of such videos and plus it had a ton of screen time in various movies. Generaly it had lots of good PR, much like F-14 or F-16.

Such reasons to purchase a module are not exclusive to U.S. - it's probably all the same around the world, but my point was, that Apache is the most widely used combat helicopter in the 'western world', and it just so happens, that this is the largest market for IT stuff, particularly the U.S. Again, I'm NOT CLAIMING, that American Rotorheads won't be generally interested in Mi-24, but I am saying, that U.S. and other 'western countries' people with motivations, as listed above, may actually tip the scale heavily in favor of the Apache. Simply because statisticaly there's more of them on the IT market, than those from behind the ol' Iron Courtain. ;) Good example of this, is why did RoF initially had basic planeset consisting of SPAD XIIIc1, Nieuport 28c1, Fokker D.VII and Albatross D.Va, with A.I. two-seaters like Breguet XIVa2 and D.F.W. C.V - these were all major aircraft used over the American part of the western front in 1917/1918, so for NeoQB it was an obvious choice to generate sales in U.S.A.

By the way, what's your point on the MiG-15 vs. F-86 argument? Are you stating, that MiG sold out better, than Sabre in the U.S.? Maybe it did, I don't know. I don't even know, if anyone outside of ED knows that for sure. Anyways, Korean War and it's weapon platforms are far less popular, than, let's say the 'Nam stuff and even it doesn't seem to be able to hold a candle to popularity of stuff from WWII or modern. For example just look, how many KW sims were there - from the top of my head: Virgin's Sabre Ace (1997), Rowan's MiG Alley (1999) and conversions/mods for major WWII sims, like CFS2, CFS3, old Sturmovik or Targetware and that's it. For over 20 years. Alltogether it's less, than you get ED sim instations from Flanker 2.0 up untill DCS 2.5 (same time coverage). Now add other jet-, helicopter- and WWII sims from this time period to the bunch. Which again brings me to my point of having good PR ;)

So generaly speaking I don't think, that MiG v Sabre sales casus (regardless of how did it turn out to be) is representative to what Mi-24 or AH-1 v Apache sales will look like.

We are looking for the quality of module, level of detail, flight modell, depth of system simulation...

These are all pretty much top-notch as a standard option for any DCS module, particularly for such devs, like Heatblur, ED or Razbam, and since Hind, Cobra and potential Apache would be coming out from ED, there's no real competition here.

...capabilities of the aircraft and in particular advantages in multiplayer.

Well, I don't. What I like, I fly more often and what I don't like, just sits in my hangar. I bought BlackShark 1 and 2, as it was the only helo in DCS for quite some time. And Ka-50 is a good example - it's most advantageous in MP, as it has decent armour protection and variety of load-out options. So what, if Gazelle is better in air-to-air, if your basic role as a combat helo pilot is to blow up the stuff, that's sitting on the ground? And that's still the domain for the Hokum in DCS. So theoreticaly I should fly it the most, but I don't - barely ever take it for a spin, since UH-1 came out.

Still, what one considers to be, or not to be advantageous doesn't translate to sales/purchases. I.eg. I'm gonna buy the Hind and the Cobra ASAP and fly them to death simply because I like those two. Regardless of the fact, that flying Hind against Ka-50s (Mi-24 is NATO-used chopper since 1999, so why not to put some on the blue team? ;) ) and at some point in time against AH-1Fs and possibly AH-64s is going to be vastly disadvantageous for me. I probably gonna buy the hypothetic Apache at some point, but that only if my home-budget would allow this without too much of a stretch. Plus I'll probably never buy the BO 105. It has very impressive flight capabilities, no argument there, but I never really liked it simply for aesthetic reasons and my Gazelle fits pretty much the same role.

I bellieve, I'm not the only one with this kind of purchasing approach, only the priority of modules may differ. ;)

Surely we rotorheads will order the Hind as same quick as the Cobra or an Apache, if there were any...

Well, that depends. Speaking just for myself now - currently I'm unemployed, so it's not exactly, like I'm sleeping on a bag of money. I'd love to own literaly everything in DCS, but that's out of the scope now. Even when I do get a job, my income minus taxation, bills and everyday expenses will likely not be enough to buy a new module every month. Gonna have to make some savings first or wait for promos and stuff. However if the Hind goes pre-purchase tommorrow, I'll buy it, even if I had to sell a kidney. Cobra would be tempting too. In case of the hypothetic Apache hitting the virtual streets of DCS, I'll wait, untill buying it won't hurt my wallet.

Again, purchase priorities. These were mine, others have theirs. Now, why I actually said, Apache would sell better? Commercial succes or failure is most oftenly measured by how well the sales did within a specific (usually fairly short) time period after release. This is the time, when merchandise is considered 'fresh' and new, so potential customer base gets most hyped to buy it and the manufacturer gets the biggest shot of cash from it. For the reasons given above, I believe that Apache will generate more hype from both us Rotorheads, as well, as other DCS flyers, who are just casuals, when it comes to helos, because of how famous it is.

...but arguing from a selling point of view and to bring new players/customers into Helicopters, I think the Hind would be more preferable than the Cobra.The Hind seems to be much more exciting and iconic already, when following the discussions about each modell.

Those discussions are already mostly made by us, the Rotorheads, who are already more or less keen on the subject. It's true, that AH-1F is less popular, than many other choppers, which is another reason why I think, ED should have gone for '68 AH-1G or any Marine variant, particularly AH-1W. Other Army versions kind of went under the radar, because during their service there where other "bigger 'n better" combat helicopter programs, like AAFS, that dragged on even after original AH-56 idea was scrapped and eventually turned into AAH. The Foxtrot Cobra is espacially good example for that, as it came out, while the AAH was about to give out the Apache. Plus the LHX was soon on. Still AH-1F was a very capable helicopter for it's time and could hold it's own even today. Arguably even more so, than Mi-24D, V, or P and people gonna learn that quickly.

Usually, when newcommers with no motivation/hype for a specific model want to try helos, they don't just buy one blindly. They ask questions, like 'which helicopter should I buy?' or 'which helicopter will suit my needs best?' They ask their online friends, who already may have some expertise, post those questions on this forum and sometimes even go watch YouTube channels, like xxJohnxx or MagzTV. And it is kind of our responsibility to recommend to them one, that will be fairly easy to fly and manage, so that their first experience will be an entartaining one and make them crave for more ;) So our "Rotorhead community" can grow. To the best of my knowledge AH-1F may proove to be better in that regard than Mi-24, but we will all see about it, when they are both available.

This excitement might result of the close connection between Hollywood Movies and PCgaming industrie. Mostly the movies and popular media create an iconic picture and make a military aircraft famous, of which we then could keep the excitement alive through the flight sims.

Wow... This is exactly one of my reasons of why Apache may sell better, than Hind or Cobra :D

The Cobra has not really excitement and no iconic reference to the entertainment branch, like the F-14 for instance or the Hind. The Hind even has no western equivalent like most of the other aircrafts, it´s a unique helicopter worldwide.

Just, as I wrote above, Army Cobras were less popular, because throughout their service people were expecting things, like AH-56, AH-63 and finally AH-64 to come out and replace them. Still I don't think, Hinds "iconism" is going to be an ultimate selling factor for majority of helo-newcomers. I think, they'll want something manageable for a start and then maybe go Mi-24 in future, which IMHO is a good approach BTW.

Now about that 'iconism' - it's still alive today, but it's kinda faded. It was big back in the Eghties (just look at all those movies, like Rambo 2 and 3 ;) ), when it was something new, big, weird, reported good service ratio in Afghanistan and was unknown both in west and east due to Soviet secretive approach to military stuff. Did you know, that when U.S. Analitics first saw Mi-24 on some intelligence reports, they thought, that the gun camera on left wingtip is actually a laser range-finder/target aquisitor? This got them quite scared, as United States didn't have this technology developed for their choppers yet. This in part put more preassure on development of such devices for AH-1F and AAH prototypes, which were expected to go toe-to-toe with Mi-24 during the WWIII. All of this, while in fact no old Hind variant (meaning other, than Mi-24PN, Mi-35M and some local modernisations from present time) had any sort of laser device, just pure optics for ATGMs and a set of collimator sights for everything ellse :D This sort of careful approach to expected Mi-24 capabilities translated further onto general public and was expressed in popular culture.

Nowadays however, and let's be frank about it, Hind is mostly viewed as a piece of old Soviet tech. Pretty much yesterdays news. Yes, there are still some, who appreciate it or outright love it, like us here, but I doubt, that's how general public views it. Especially since we've got so many new models, like Apaches, Super Cobra and Viper, Tigre and Tiger, Mangusta and ATAK, WZ-10, Hokums, Havok plus some small asian recon/combat helos - the Ninja or HAL. And there was/is(?) allso the Comanche. And look at what 'compund future' has to offer - the Raider and stuff. All of this diludes general public's impression of the Hind more and more. It's only natural.

This might be no reason for us, already being into flight simming or helicopters, but for first buyers a reason to get into it.

I think, it's the other way around. We already know, what this helicopter is or is not, so we can appreciate it. Usually, when you are a fan of a specific airframe, you get invested into learning about it. Especially nowadays with all the acces to information and data via Internet. In other words, if someone is a fan of Mi-24 or whatever other helicopter, chances are, that person already knows a thing or two about it and if didn't already became a sim Rotorhead, probably never will. Unless you're talking about very young people in their teens, but they will likely first go for casual stuff, like WarThunder, Heliborne or Air Missions: Hind and won't even bother with DCS.

So, I would say in short, the more present a military aircraft is in movies or media, the better it could be sold in DCS, no matter if it´s an eastern or western modell.

Add to that the points, I've made at the begining of this post, and that's exactly why I think, Apache may sell better.

Surely creating a new modell should not be based on that, but it should be taking into account on the selling point of view. Finally it´s the quality of each module, what values most.

That's probably the biggest thing, that makes DCS stand out from it's competition and I don't think, that's up for any discussion, but make no mistake - popularity of a particular aircraft is a thing they strongly take into consideration. After all everyone, who does something for a living want's to earn money from it and not loose time, he could use to make money ellsewhere.

My bet is that we will see Hind released together with the map of Afghanistan... well because you know why.

It will be sold as a bundle too. The same way how F-18C was with Hormuz.

That's as probable, as it is scary. I mean, there are no real news, nor official announcement of such map other, than vague 'we'll make it someday', so how long would they keep pushing the Hind back? It already fits Georgian map perfectly. So it will the Syrian map.

And with that said, since Syria seems to be coming before Afghanistan, then what? AH-1F first?

Edited by [105]-Rahon
Typo corrections.

Sorry, but I really don't understand why you are trying to defend the none communication of ED regarding the Mi-24.

A huge number of simers are waiting this announced module since a very long time now. Most of us will agree if I say that this module will for sure become one of the most famous one of DCS.

And? What is the problem? your dream helo has not show on news ALL weeks? and no, RAZBAM or other 3rd parties has nothing to do with a HIND meanwhile the "old" BSK working on them, and ED dont get any "licence" to build a "parallel" project to make a coup vs other team.

Remember, all subject to change and Nothing has WRITE in stone.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

And? What is the problem? your dream helo has not show on news ALL weeks? and no, RAZBAM or other 3rd parties has nothing to do with a HIND meanwhile the "old" BSK working on them, and ED dont get any "licence" to build a "parallel" project to make a coup vs other team.

We don't ask for news ALL WEEKS but just more than ONCE A YEAR !

Is that really too much to ask for a module announced on multiple occasions ?

I'm (and many others) not here to only whine and cry about that but read the other posts and you will see that we are only asking for some news regarding the current situation of this project.:music_whistling:

A lot of people are thinking that it is a real issue with the Mi-24 project and a single basic screenshot in 365 days will not convince us that the project is still up and running as announced.

And if you seem to know so well the people of ED it is maybe time to suggest them to give us more meat on the bones... Notting more. :thumbup:

And? What is the problem? your dream helo has not show on news ALL weeks?

Yes. Our dream helo, that's 10 years overdue.

and no, RAZBAM or other 3rd parties has nothing to do with a HIND

They've got nothing to do with Mi-24P, that's for sure. Still, AFAIK no BST/ED official said anything about other variants being permanently off the table for 3rd party devs.

meanwhile the "old" BSK working on them

"Them"? Do you imply, ED has plans regarding Mi-24D or Mi-24V?

and ED dont get any "licence"to build a "parallel" project to mae a coup vs other team.

Not now for sure, but how about some time in the future? Or will we get stuck with just Mi-24P, because ED will already have their Hind done and wouldn't want anyone ellse to make an other variant even when ED itself will already have long moved into other projects?

And that's some scary stuff, as ED might just put the Hind back in ice if they feel like it. For instance, like if F-4 fans would cry-out loud, how they want the Pahntom ASAP all the while we here would keep quiet. You've been out there, you know what's happening. I've seen your reply post about Hind allegedly coming out after F-16 and how did they react to that. They luuv them Pahntom real sweet, and want it to come after the 16 ;)

Our ranting is mainly due to sheer frustration and disappointment. Please, understand: we've been waiting for it for so many years now... Over a decade for some, but for the sake of an argument, let's stick with BST's first official Hind announcement as starting point (2014). That's over four years now and after all that time of allegedly working on it that one picture is really all, they have to show us (except for the Mi-24P external model, that kind of "happened to" show up in one of Wags' F/A-18 videos)? That's really disappointing, especially since I've seen BST doing whole modules in much shorter time period. So we need to unload our frustration, kind of safety valve, like this topic... especially since there's not much of 'hard news' about DCS Mi-24 to discuss.

And I get it, that F-16 is expected to be "seeing us soon", so ED is naturally going to spam news about it, like crazy to generate more hype and increase the sales - that's a typical marketing campaign, BUT it would be realy, realy nice, if they would kindly throw us something more, than just vague 'yeah, we're working on it' from time to time. Why? Because that's what we got untill now and in January we all saw, just how much did they manage to built up due to that work and we're scared. One, it's because most of us felt, like this project is not treated seriously by ED. Which leads to my point number two, which is that ED might keep on delaying it anytime they come up with another idea of a new module either to compete with 3rd parties, other sim devs or just because it would seem like there's more hype for it on this forums.

EDIT:

BTW, have you gus seen this:

mi24ll-8.jpg

Edited by [105]-Rahon

-Rahon;3812913']

Not now for sure, but how about some time in the future? Or will we get stuck with just Mi-24P, because ED will already have their Hind done and wouldn't want anyone else to make an other variant even when ED itself will already have long moved into other projects?

None 3rd parties has plans to build other version of Hind, and dont enter into "your" future plans. Meanwhile the "Helo" parties as Polychop and Militech 5 has others helos on develop, and surely move away of other "Hind", or a "Mi-8" vs others more interesting helos to DCS community to get more diversity to DCS (AH-64, UH-60, OH-58, Mangusta, SH-60 and a long etc).

F-16 details announced so far:

Our Viper will be an F-16C with the Common Configuration Implementation Program (CCIP) upgrade. We feel this to be the most versatile version of the F-16 with capabilities for SEAD, precision attack, close air support, anti-ship, and of course air-to-air. We will be taking great care though to develop a very accurate simulation of the F-16C Block 50 operated by the United States Air Force and Air National Guard circa 2007.

Core systems of our F-16C include:

• F-110-GE-129 turbofan engine
  • AN/APG-68(V)5 multi-mode radar
  • AN/ALR-56M Radar Warning Receiver
  • AN/ALQ-131/184 ECM pods
  • CCIP (Common Configuration Implementation Program) update
  • ALE-47 countermeasure system

This will be a massive project, so we will separate it into two phases: Phase 1 Early Access release and then Phase 2 Product Sustainment.

Phase 1 Early Access Release:

• Color Multifunction Display (CMFD) symbology, Horizontal Situation Display (HSD) format, and Head-up Display (HUD) symbology
  • Digitally TACAN and Electronic Horizontal Situation Indicator (EHSI)
  • BDU-33, BDU-50LD/HD, Mk-82LDGP, Mk-82AIR, Mk-84LDGP, BLU-109/B, CBU-87 CEM, and CBU-97 SFW unguided bombs
  • 2.75” rockets LAU-68 and LAU-131
  • Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System (JHMCS)
  • AIM-9L/M/P/X Sidewinder
  • AIM-120B/C AMRAAM
  • M61A1 20mm cannon

Phase 2 Product Sustainment:

• Multifunctional Information Distribution System (MIDS)
  • Link 16 Data Link
  • AGM-65D/G/H/K Maverick
  • AGM-88C HARM
  • AN/ASQ-213 HARM Targeting System (HTS)
  • Sniper XR Advanced Targeting Pod
  • GBU-10, GBU-12, GBU-24A/B laser-guided bombs
  • BRU-57/A Smart Rack
  • CBU-103 CEM and CBU-105 SFW Inertially Aided Munitions (IAM)
  • GBU-31/A, GBU-32, and GBU-38/B JDAM
  • AGM-154/A and /B JSOW
  • AGM-158/A JASSM
  • Integration of the JHMCS with the HARM Targeting System (HTS), Link 16, and AIFF
  • ALE-50 towed decoy

As this project accelerates, we will be providing updates to keep you abreast of our progress to this much awaited addition to DCS World.

Mi-24 details announced so far:

When there is something to share, we will share it.

Adding to that, simple questions are deleted from Facebook - and they ask us why we are "grumpy"

:doh:

"Your pumping days are over, Megatron!" -Optimus Prime

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" -Vyvian

• 2 weeks later...

Hoping for :

- AI that aren't super-aware gods, making pop-up attacks nigh impossible, instead forcing you to decide what to engage entirely based on whether you outrange them and little else. Hide in trees? Watch the AI shoot at you through the entire forest. Pop up? Watch them spot, turn and fire at you within <5 seconds.

- A decent damage model. Infantry is scarier than tanks because of their superior accuracy, and 3-5 rounds tend to take you out (Mi-8/Gazelle), KA-50 is okay at best, Huey is practically a tank. Maybe theyre just good enough to aim for the hydraulics each time too?

- Actual multi-crew. Because you cannot be trusted to implement it anymore. Huey multicrew? "Soon". Mi-8 multicrew? "Soon". 6+ years. How many years after release can we expect the MI24P to get it?

- FFB not being forgotten.

Hoping for :

- AI that aren't super-aware gods, making pop-up attacks nigh impossible, instead forcing you to decide what to engage entirely based on whether you outrange them and little else. Hide in trees? Watch the AI shoot at you through the entire forest. Pop up? Watch them spot, turn and fire at you within <5 seconds.

- A decent damage model. Infantry is scarier than tanks because of their superior accuracy, and 3-5 rounds tend to take you out (Mi-8/Gazelle), KA-50 is okay at best, Huey is practically a tank. Maybe theyre just good enough to aim for the hydraulics each time too?

- Actual multi-crew. Because you cannot be trusted to implement it anymore. Huey multicrew? "Soon". Mi-8 multicrew? "Soon". 6+ years. How many years after release can we expect the MI24P to get it?

- FFB not being forgotten.

^ :thumbup:

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

Ohhh man...!!! Can not wait for this module.

Thanks for the info Razorback.

Very disappointing news in that podcast... Seems like is going to be a long long wait :[.

+ 1

My opinion is that the absence of regular updates can be explained by the fact they have simply nothing to show....More than the fact that BELSIMTEK is generally niggardly in terms of communications...

Announced WAGS Podcast : https://alert5podcast.podbean.com/e/scramble-04-matt-wags-wagner/

35:45 - Helicopter Development (+/5 MINUTES)

Mi-24 : IN DEVELOPMENT BUT SLOWWW Process

as per his statement there is no dedicated team for the MI24, its beind developed by different personel between a project and another, therefore I am very confident we'll see it in about 4-5 years.

:thumbup:

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

• 3 weeks later...
I'm a disappointed we are getting the fixed cannon, whats the purpose of the second pilot?

Enjoy scenery plus enjoy battlefield booms :(

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

I'm a disappointed we are getting the fixed cannon, whats the purpose of the second pilot?

answer your question

Грустить ему не придется. Потренироваться в навигации, визуальной ориентировке на местности. Опять же стрельба с УР. Вертолет будет огонь!!!

..и при этом пилотирование со стороны игрока (если хочется побыть игроком в операторской кабине) горааааздо приятней будет, т.к. приборная доска перед тобой (а не сбоку, как в "В"). Кроме того, можно стрелять из пушки и пускать НАРы.

а насчет Фаланги -нет, не будет ее на "П". Этого "динозавра" отменили еще с "В"!))

ПТУР будут типа 114 и 120. Возможно также "доработаем модель" для подвески Р-60 (как было в реальности).

You get all the same except for the guided gun.The dashboard will be on the front,not the side.And you can also use gun,rockets,missile. And do not forget about navigation,search for targets.

В качестве иллюстраций к вышесказанному:

Ми-24В

1363962534_3a.jpg 1363962549_3.jpg

Ми-24П

mi-24p_gunner.jpg

Ми-24ДУ (учебная модификация Ми-24Д – без УСПУ-24)

32604.jpg

Place second pilot will be more convenient in P,than V

Synchronization problems with the parallel arrangement of the crew,the developers have long been responsible for this.

so multicrew in mi-8 and huey not realised

Edited by Kvasok

I5 9600K 4.8(soft oc),GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO,PALIT GameRock 2080 Super,ADATA 8200SX PRO 512GB,32GB Kingston Predator (Dual Rank) 3466 MHZ(14 17 17 36),БП Super Flower Leadex II Gold 750W

F-16 details announced so far:

Mi-24 details announced so far:

Adding to that, simple questions are deleted from Facebook - and they ask us why we are "grumpy"

:doh:

You don't understand, the reason for that difference is very simple to understand, it is about of 1's and 0's in the systems.

A F-16 variant is very digital aircraft, the Hind variant maybe has a 1 or 0 painted on its tail number....

:megalol:

More digitalization == More news

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

You get all the same except for the guided gun.The dashboard will be on the front,not the side.And you can also use gun,rockets,missile. And do not forget about navigation,search for targets.

Place second pilot will be more convenient in P,than V

I didn't really get a good translation from the Russian text in that....

But isn't that the co-pilot main responsibilities are:

1) Target spotting

2) Navigation

3) Communications

4) ATGM guidance

5) Bombardment

And to use gun, rockets you should be flying as you can't aim, why the pilot has the heavy responsibility for the actual attack as he has the gunsight.

So in other words, the Co-Pilot in Mi-24P will be like a Co-Pilot in a Mi-8MTv2 except addition to have a ATGM....

What example the Mi-24V would offer is:

1) Target spotting

2) Navigation

3) Communications

4) ATGM guidance

5) Shooting with 12.7mm rotary machinegun

6) Bombardment

Lets be just realistic. A Mi-24 would be there fighting mostly against soft targets like infantry, transportation, support or lightly armored targets like APC, IFV, bunkers.

For those the main weapons are gun and the rockets.

The helicopter flight capabilities doesn't change, it is high speed attack runs from various directions at low-level. Not hovering behind a trees and being sneaky. A flight would perform a tactical maneuvers around the target site, making defenders time difficult as the next attack comes from different directions by a different helicopter.

The benefit of the 12.7mm machine gun would be for infantry and soft targets, but as well for lightly armored targets like APC. As by the time era, APC's were not armored against 12.7mm caliber but only against 7.62 or smaller. So spraying 12.7mm does nicely penetrate their armors, but better cause mobility kills (not modeled in DCS). So V would have a good benefit in those tasks, but DCS doesn't really model infantry, so....

Why 30mm is nice to additional firepower and range, to stay outside of the infantry small caliber fire. So P would be nicer in that way.

And anyways if there is IFV, it would be rockets that gets used, so no CO-Pilot benefit there. So P is as good as V.

For a MBT, then it is the ATGM and now both are as valid versions.

Maybe the best feature where 12.7 mm would show its benefit is against other helicopters and low flying low speed aircrafts. It would be the "hunter-killer" for helicopters as you can shoot other direction where you are flying and having lots of ammunition to spray quickly a enemy helicopter down. Something that 30mm fixed just can't do so well.

Having that 30 mm cannon does make Mi-24 more effective in DCS as the main targets are somewhat armored vehicles and having that longer range, that requires different flying does make it more of a "pilot" than "gunner".

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Maybe the best feature where 12.7 mm would show its benefit is against other helicopters and low flying low speed aircrafts. It would be the "hunter-killer" for helicopters as you can shoot other direction where you are flying and having lots of ammunition to spray quickly a enemy helicopter down. Something that 30mm fixed just can't do so well.

Having that 30 mm cannon does make Mi-24 more effective in DCS as the main targets are somewhat armored vehicles and having that longer range, that requires different flying does make it more of a "pilot" than "gunner".

Why do you think if other modification that mi-24v with 12.7 rotary gun?

On the forum is rarely the conversation was about the V.

as another modification offered Mi-24VP with rotary ГШ-23л.(23мм)

Lets be just realistic. A Mi-24 would be there fighting mostly against soft targets like infantry, transportation, support or lightly armored targets like APC, IFV, bunkers.

For those the main weapons are gun and the rockets.

It was made for this.Flying IFV:)

I5 9600K 4.8(soft oc),GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO,PALIT GameRock 2080 Super,ADATA 8200SX PRO 512GB,32GB Kingston Predator (Dual Rank) 3466 MHZ(14 17 17 36),БП Super Flower Leadex II Gold 750W