DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

Ok, I thought world and a10c were completely different applications but is a10c an expansion pack for world?

Thanks,

Jamie

P.S. I will be using trackir so I don't know if that interferes with the fps.

They used to be separate, but now you have the main DCS World program and all the aircraft are expansions or add ones you buy.

Try out the base game and see how well it works on the free stuff before you go and spend money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, I thought world and a10c were completely different applications but is a10c an expansion pack for world?

Thanks,

Jamie

P.S. I will be using trackir so I don't know if that interferes with the fps.

The base simulation has two planes included, representing the two levels of simulation depth. Study-Sim TF-51D an unarmed Mustang and a Su-25T, representing the simplified Flaming Cliffs 3 series.

All other Aircrafts, Maps, Campaigns are seperate payable Modules (a bit like DLC) that can be bought and installed in DCS through the module manager. There is no artificial limitations in the free download, so you can install, test performance and see what you can do in your machine.

Track IR has no performance impact.

Only thing is your graphics card, and for larger missions your 16 GB memory.

I would simply download and install, jump into the full clickable TF-51D Mustang and see what you can do at low to medium settings...

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Hello again,

I don't have access to the internet on my pc that I am going to install DCS world on and I have been trying to get it to open but it just won't because it says "couldn't resolve host name"(A.K.A. you need internet) so any ideas?

Thanks,

Jamie

DCS A10C / DCS Black Shark /DCS F-14/Persian Gulf map/ Nevada/huey/gazelle/f18/f16/ajs37/harrier/A-4

16gb 2400 RAM / Ryzen 5 3600 / ROG Strix RX 570 /750W thermaltake PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't have access to the internet on my pc that I am going to install DCS world on and I have been trying to get it to open but it just won't because it says "couldn't resolve host name"(A.K.A. you need internet) so any ideas?

There's an FAQ entry about installing on a machine without Internet access:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/#3302007

I never tried it, but it sounds like it should work.

After starting DCS, it wants you to log in, but if you didn't purchase any modules, you should be fine skipping the login prompt.

my problem is that it won't even start. so I did was:

I got the installer from the above post

downloaded it onto my laptop

moved it to my desktop

ran the installer

installed into program files

tried to open

It then showed a windows error saying can't resolve host name

clicked X

tried again 5x

tried to share internet from my phone via USB cord (failed)

tried again with my phone plugged in

it said checking for updates and a little progress bar popped up

after a few seconds, It said: Timeout was reached

tried again 2x

looked online for ideas

wrote this post

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jamie

DCS A10C / DCS Black Shark /DCS F-14/Persian Gulf map/ Nevada/huey/gazelle/f18/f16/ajs37/harrier/A-4

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

thank you for all of your help everyone, I got it to work and just bound my HOTAS.

Jamie

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
Is it just me or is the TAD extremely bright, and the text on the MFCDs a bit blotted? Had this issue since 2.5

If anyone else notices this, is there something I can do about it or is it something ED has to fix?

Thanks

Yeah it's very exposed. The brightness rocker set down to 4-7 tends to look more readable.

What can you guys tell me about the "FAST" INS Align ? Seems like you can use EAC and correct JDAM deployment with it ?

There must be a con to it ?

Fast align requires that the airplane is aligned before it is shutdown in order to store a heading. If the airplane is towed around and started again the stored heading won't be right and fast align won't be of help. All fast align does is skip the step called "wide angle gyrocompassing" which is finding roughly the true heading (2 degree or so) from any orientation. After that it finds the exact heading with a precision step in all modes.

The step you skip by avoiding the wide angle process is somewhat short and early in the process which is why you have to select it early or there's no savings at all (the option disappears from the menu if you wait too long). There's no con to it except if you choose it and the stored heading isn't right in which case the subsequent align would fail/restart.

• 1 month later...

Page 233-244 is the WAYPT page description.

You also may want to examine the FPBUILD section because waypoints included in flight plans have attributes which are unique to their inclusion in the flight plan. Position is always the same though.

Qualitatively the process goes like this:

Go to the WYPT page

Call up the waypoint you want to edit by name or number

Enter the new info you want in the scratch pad

Insert that scratch pad info into the field you want to edit

A lot of time can be spent looking through the CDU in detail and editing values. It's its own moderately complex computer system in itself.

A lot of time can be spent looking through the CDU in detail and editing values. It's its own moderately complex computer system in itself.

thanks. yeah ive had the hog for years and i still dont know all the ins and outs of the CDU :)

• 3 weeks later...
Are there plans to Add The ability to be able to preset radio frequencies on the Mission Editor?It seems all my installed birds have it now (I don't have all my modules installed ATM) even the Blacksharl, except the A-10. No love for the Hog?
This can be done, but it has to be done through editing the actual .miz file itself.

Change the file type in the title from a .miz to a .zip, open it up, and insert these folders within it.

UHF_RADIO

VHF_AM_RADIO

VHF_FM RADIO

It will end up looking something like this. Don't worry if you don't have some or most of the other folders:

lMSEvRK.png

Within those folders (like UHF_RADIO) for example, create a .lua and call it "SETTINGS.lua"

You can then create presets in there and it should look like this

xNyTcQi.png

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone follow what the pre-flight BIT test wants you to do ? Does something have to happen ?

Should it react the moment you complete a command ?

Should it trip some kind of a master caution if you make it correctly ?

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

I’m pretty sure it’s automated. You press the start test and then it checks everything with out you having to do anything. I’m assuming you mean on the hud where it asks you to press enter to begin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually if you read the text it does tell you to perform some action during the test.

Does anyone follow what the pre-flight BIT test wants you to do ? Does something have to happen ?

Should it react the moment you complete a command ?

Should it trip some kind of a master caution if you make it correctly ?

In DCS world it isn’t modeled correctly. Pilots have to interact for the test to proceed on the real a-10

In DCS world it isn’t modeled correctly. Pilots have to interact for the test to proceed on the real a-10

Same thing with the F/A-18. The auto start option does some of the tests as far as I know (Test air refuel extender, max out the controls, etc.) - But mostly I skip those in the sim too. (Same thing with the A-10C)

1000 flights, 1000 crashes - perfect record