Hurts my Soul

Flagrum

Moving target corrections with arbs lock

Wind corrections with arbs lock

Ccip as you mentioned

Loft/toss bombing system

Sidewinder dmt lock

Sidewinder seam mode

Flir hotspot (once ed gets a new flir model)

Just off the top of my head.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

So should I re-write the whole list of bugs and missing features at each post mentioning them?

I don't think so.

Go and check the bug section, you'll find what you're looking for.

Alternatively, I suggest you take the NATOPS and try to follow even just the start-up checklist, there you'll just start to see how many things are not simulated correctly.

Or you could read up on the particular flight carachteristics of the Harrier, especially when hovering, none of which are simulated in the razbam harrier.

Yup gotta agree here. Having the tac man its abundantly clear things are either missing or dont work quite right.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

You people are relentless. If you want better, go make better. Or go buy your own damn Harrier. Razbam has been working their tails off lately for you. Smh.

LOL... :lol:

Sure thing bro. :thumbup:

Would be nice to get a fair and good list of the missing features (not nitpicking ones like "The switch texture is wrong way" but more like "The CCIP system is broken as it gives correct impact point at alternative target altitude without DMT lock" level of features and bugs.

'

Take the Tacman, pick one thing you like, compare the description there with the DCS Harrier.

You'll always end up like this:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4142898&postcount=9

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

You people are relentless. If you want better, go make better. Or go buy your own damn Harrier. Razbam has been working their tails off lately for you. Smh.

I get this kind of an emotional response, but run it through some Socratic iterations.

Let's try buying a car. "You don't like that your car doesn't start? Go make your own damn car then. Toyota has been working really hard making the wheels round. You want better? Make better."

Let's try an ear of corn at the supermarket. "You don't like that it's rotten? Go grow your own damn corn then. Del Monte has been working really hard arranging the shelf. You want better? Make better.".

Let's try a different piece of software. "You don't like that Excel doesn't add correctly? Go make your own damn spreadsheet application. Microsoft has been working really hard making sure it multiplies accurately. You want better? Make better."

I'm happy about the recent JDAMS release, but even that is kind of buggered, what with the ASE not working as the videos show beforehand and the manual tells you how it works. There's a history here of half-finishing things and people have a right to be frustrated. They shouldn't need to have attempted to build their own module to air those frustrations.

Why should we as buyers make our own module or make sure that the existing one gets better? That is Razbam's job. They want to earn money with it. And if you want DCS players to continue to buy their modules in the future, it would be an advantage if they deliver decent quality. My claim as a customer / buyer is to get decent quality for my money. Fortunately, there are examples of how other developer studios can and should run in DCS World.

For example there is still no updated manual for the Harrier. We are still waiting for the SEAM fashion for the Sidewinder. And what is also annoying is the fact that bugs are fixed, 2.3, ... new bugs are added. Wasn't that the case in the past, wasn't it? But announce umpteen new modules:

• South Atlantic Map

• F15-E Strike Eagle

• Mig-23 Flogger

• Super Tucano

• FRS1 Sea Harrier

I'm really excited to see whether 2020 will bring about a turnaround and they will be able to bring the M2C and the Harrier to a satisfactory conclusion.

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

Have to somewhat concur. Been learning the harrier for some time now and it’s an absolute blast. Most fun flying in dcs outside of 14 multicrew. Able to do whatever cas mission desired.

Have fun as long as you are still learning it. You will soon realize how bugged and frustrating it is.

Latest when you fly a 4h sortie with your buddies and you can't accomplishe just because of one of the thousand bugs..

I get this kind of an emotional response, but run it through some Socratic iterations.

Let's try buying a car. "You don't like that your car doesn't start? Go make your own damn car then. Toyota has been working really hard making the wheels round. You want better? Make better."

Let's try an ear of corn at the supermarket. "You don't like that it's rotten? Go grow your own damn corn then. Del Monte has been working really hard arranging the shelf. You want better? Make better.".

Let's try a different piece of software. "You don't like that Excel doesn't add correctly? Go make your own damn spreadsheet application. Microsoft has been working really hard making sure it multiplies accurately. You want better? Make better."

I'm happy about the recent JDAMS release, but even that is kind of buggered, what with the ASE not working as the videos show beforehand and the manual tells you how it works. There's a history here of half-finishing things and people have a right to be frustrated. They shouldn't need to have attempted to build their own module to air those frustrations.

Very good post, nails it!

Even the new invented Jdams, which took them 4 months to code, are bugged all over...

Edited by viper2097

Steam user - Youtube

Have to somewhat concur. Been learning the harrier for some time now and it’s an absolute blast. Most fun flying in dcs outside of 14 multicrew. Able to do whatever cas mission desired.

Yup!! I agree, I come from Falcon 4 BMS, as long as it gets eventually better I'm ok with that

I sure enjoy it as is

Marc..

And yet again, I will say that as it looks currently, they are focusing on the Mirage. It is the first module they started ignoring and they are now back to fixing things there first.

There has been small fixes here and there in the Harrier that I have noticed were not in the changelogs. So things are happening, but Razbam, please, give the Harrier all the love it needs. I hate to say it, but many of these constant complainers have valid points and bugs that need to be fixed. If only they could slow down a bit and stop filling the forums with the same complaints constantly. The best way to do that would be to start fixing things and bringing the Harrier up to the same standard as most other modules. Please don't become another Polychop.

I get this kind of an emotional response
To a thread entitled "Hurts my Soul" :)

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

And yet again, I will say that as it looks currently, they are focusing on the Mirage. It is the first module they started ignoring and they are now back to fixing things there first.

They are constantly saying that there are three indepentend teams working on the M2K, the Harrier and the Mig-19. They said that, because people already went quite angry when the Mig-19 was in developement/ released into EA as the Harrier was there already left behind.

Any more specific questions about those three teams are only getting ignored.

So, sorry man, either we only get lies from Razbam, or your wish will not come true.

Edited by viper2097

Steam user - Youtube

It really hurts that this poor Air frame is still in the state that it is in. Bugs and issues that have been around for soo long. The Harrier is so much fun to fly and I still do fly it but after a while it just gets too frustrating to fly and I end up switching Air Frames. If some of these bugs could just get worked out I think a lot of people would be happy, instead of pushing out new incomplete content for it. I would rather get stuff fixed first then put out the new systems. Maybe this is just me and I am ranting because I am at that point again where I need to stop playing the Harrier for a bit. Sorry to come on here and complain but thank you for reading. Just wanted to put this out there.:mad:
I feel like you. You are not alone

YouTube Channel

Update: MSI Z790 Tomahawk, i9 13900k, DDR5 64GB 640 MHz, MSI 4090 Gaming X Trio, 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD NVMe M.2 and 4 more, HOTAS TM Warthog, Meta Quest Pro

Perfect analogies.

Yes, let paying customers build their own after they've paid...

Yup!! I agree, I come from Falcon 4 BMS, as long as it gets eventually better I'm ok with that

I mean it is slowly getting done/fixed/worked on. But I think the community is pretty steamed about "new" modules coming out before they fix the existing ones as they said they would. And it has to be taken in the context of what they consider "finished" versus what most people here would.

They are constantly saying that there are three indepentend teams working on the M2K, the Harrier and the Mig-19. They said that, because people already went quite angry when the Mig-19 was in developement/ released into EA as the Harrier was there already left behind.

Any more specific questions about those three teams are only getting ignored.

So, sorry man, either we only get lies from Razbam, or your wish will not come true.

I have never believed that to be true when it comes to systems modelling. 3D model, sure, but not the actual fun stuff. This is reinforced if you look at their bugtracker, most tasks are Mirage related. Either they are not using it, which is bad, or they hide their actual tasks which seems counterproductive for a public bugtracker. I try to be optimistic about all this, but even I get pessimistic when it is required.

Then don't buy Early Access..

PLEASE

It really is that simple.

Your welcome

(But no one will listen and we will have constant bitching about it until the end of time)

Because that will solve everything

You are wrong. I bought the JF17 and couldn't be happier. Not because it doesn't have bugs and missing features, but because they told me exactly what was missing before I bought it.

Take this latest JDAMS update. I read the manual update and watched the pre release vid thoroughly. When it releases, the ASE isn't functional and the LAR doesn't refer to all selected targets, but the first one you clicked.

So all this lead up, and the thing doesn't work according to their own documentation. I had no expectation that JDAMS would be feature incomplete (except for terminal parameters, which they did tell us about and I'm fine with). It should work the way their documentation says it works.

Is this a big deal? I don't know. It's a study sim, and there's a pattern of this sort of thing. Half-finished features that don"t get circled back on sometimes for over a year. This isn't a pattern endemic to EA, it's an attribut of RAZBAM.

I want to buy the Hornet and Falcon at some point, but I didn't because they told me exactly what was working and what wasn't, and I want to wait as a result. No problem with me there.

Also, I'm not sure how these complaints are dispositive because they are working on another, even more neglected module. To me, that reinforces the point.

Edited by LastRifleRound

You are wrong. I bought the JF17 and couldn't be happier. Not because it doesn't have bugs and missing features, but because they told me exactly what was missing before I bought it.

Take this latest JDAMS update. I read the manual update and watched the pre release vid thoroughly. When it releases, the ASE isn't functional and the LAR doesn't refer to all selected targets, but the first one you clicked.

So all this lead up, and the thing doesn't work according to their own documentation. I had no expectation that JDAMS would be feature incomplete (except for terminal parameters, which they did tell us about and I'm fine with). It should work the way their documentation says it works.

Is this a big deal? I don't know. It's a study sim, and there's a pattern of this sort of thing. Half-finished features that don"t get circled back on sometimes for over a year. This isn't a pattern endemic to EA, it's an attribut of RAZBAM.

I want to buy the Hornet and Falcon at some point, but I didn't because they told me exactly what was working and what wasn't, and I want to wait as a result. No problem with me there.

Also, I'm not sure how these complaints are dispositive because they are working on another, even more neglected module. To me, that reinforces the point.

Fully agree.

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

I am beginning to think that RAZBAM have reached the peak of their abilities. They do not hold the knowledge to develop complex systems that are present in the modern aircrafts.

Similar to how Heatblur stays away from modern jets since modern multi functional systems is probably not their forte (yet).

Even though they might look and feel simple, the modern jets have a lot of capabilities, calculations and features when compared with the old analogue and guage ridden aircrafts.

My fear now is that RAZBAM is sitting on the most powerful license. The F-15. I do not think they will be able to simulate the amount of systems that are present in that aircraft and do a quick job while keeping it in EA forever.

Currently, the Mirage is 4 missiles and 1 radar. The Harrier is Broken screen pages, buggy targetting pod, super hover engine where even after water runs out it does not take damage, no modeled ins alignment? etc, and etc...

I own these modules now so all I can do is wait and get upset everytime they show something from one of many projects they are working on at once.

In the end, I am not getting any younger and waiting years for certain bugs to be fixed should not be expected of us.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - UNTOUCHED - ABANDONED

I get the frustration with some things, but I'm flying the Harrier exclusively right now and while it has some issues, it's not nearly as bad as you lot make it sound. I would put the whining here in the category of 'gross exaggeration'. It's a video game airplane, mostly functional, with some glitches. They're not sacrificing babies in dark rites. You're all very brave crapping on other people's work behind the anonymity of your computer screens. And if the state of a video game ''hurts your soul'', you should probably re-evaluate some life priorities.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Currently, the Mirage is 4 missiles and 1 radar. The Harrier is Broken screen pages, buggy targetting pod, super hover engine where even after water runs out it does not take damage, no modeled ins alignment? etc, and etc...

What do you mean about 4 missiles and one radar? Theres a way to load 4 magics and one 530? I thought you could only do 2 magics and 2 530s or 4 magics?

I get the frustration with some things, but I'm flying the Harrier exclusively right now and while it has some issues, it's not nearly as bad as you lot make it sound. I would put the whining here in the category of 'gross exaggeration'. It's a video game airplane, mostly functional, with some glitches. They're not sacrificing babies in dark rites. You're all very brave crapping on other people's work behind the anonymity of your computer screens. And if the state of a video game ''hurts your soul'', you should probably re-evaluate some life priorities.

The classic case of "I see nothing wrong with this so everyone needs to chill out".

Everyone here has a right to share their experience. Keep flying the harrier for a while and see how that goes.

When you find the little bugs which start repeating everytime you fly, I hope you do not get frustrated and continue to fly it afterwards.

Giving out conflicting analogies over hot topics is just as brave behind the anonymity of their computer screens.

What do you mean about 4 missiles and one radar? Theres a way to load 4 magics and one 530? I thought you could only do 2 magics and 2 530s or 4 magics?

Sorry I was just trying to say that mirage does not even have that many features when compared with the scope of the Harrier jet.

I vent my frustration because Harrier is one of my favourite jets. I would love to use it effectively but when things that should work, stop working and you already spent so much time in preparation and getting to the area, it becomes frustrating after a while.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - UNTOUCHED - ABANDONED