HUD unreadable in extreme weather

Spathiphyllum

I was planning to practice low visibility AWLS approaches in Kutaisi but shortly after taking off and entering the clouds, I found that the HUD is basically unreadable despite brightness set to maximum.

I am wondering how one is supposed to perform an "ALL WEATHER LANDING" when the most essential system, the HUD is unreadable.

Did I miss some steps turning on / adjusting something or at the current state it's really this bad? If it's not something that I missed then I have to conclude that the Razbam Harrier is currently not certified for low visibility approaches simply because the HUD isn't readable under certain conditions.

EDIT:

I have checked the HUD of the Hornet in the exact same mission therefore same weather conditions, and the Hornet's HUD is perfectly readable. So it's the Harrier's HUD not yet up to standards, making it currently impossible to perform a proper low visibility approach despite the aircraft being equipped with AWLS - due to HUD readability.

Screen_180625_131829.thumb.png.3ef8c3539a42e2828552d89c9146a8f0.png

Edited by Spathiphyllum

Can confirm, seeing the same thing.

Wasn't like that a few weeks before when I tested AWLS in bad weather.

Definitely a bug. You should put it in the bug section.

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

why can't they offer this as a dusk color and just plain black for LOW VIS situations?

You mean black symbology? They can't because that's not how HUDs work.

(I mean they do project darkness onto the HUD for NAVFLIR, but it is completely wrong; or maybe they patched this, haven't checked recently.)