Big Helicopters

Prowler111

Big Helicopters  

548 members have voted

1. 1. Big Helicopters

• Yes
    • No

Kind of difficult being objective for me in this matter because Puma and Chinook are two helicopters flown by Fuerza Aérea Argentina.

The Puma can be armed like the Mi-8, but as far as I know, the Chinook is limited to the transport role, so I imagine it wouldn't generate much interest in the combat flight sim community.

Anyway, it would be nice to have two more helicopters flown by the FAA besides the UH-1H and Mi-8 (Mi-171E to be exact)

Intel i5-7600K @3,80 (4,9 OC) + Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4@3200 XMP 2.0 + Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED + Asus MAXIMUS IX HERO + Thermaltake Chaser A31 Snow Edition

Geforce RTX 2060 6GB

SSD Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + HDD WDC WD500 500GB

Saitek X-52 Pro & Thrustmaster T.Flight Rudder Pedals & TrackIR 5 & Kingston HyperX Alloy FPS

Oh, yeah, also the Sony PlayStation 4 :happy:

• ED Team
Kind of difficult being objective for me in this matter because Puma and Chinook are two helicopters flown by Fuerza Aérea Argentina.

The Puma can be armed like the Mi-8, but as far as I know, the Chinook is limited to the transport role, so I imagine it wouldn't generate much interest in the combat flight sim community.

Anyway, it would be nice to have two more helicopters flown by the FAA besides the UH-1H and Mi-8 (Mi-171E to be exact)

Chinook can have door and tail gunners, would be great for extraction / insertion missions ;)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Yes, CH-53. Preferably the E model, as it can lift the most (more than a Chinook). Aerial refueling, and three gunner positions. And it looks cooler. (Chinook just looks like two palm trees riding a baseball bat).

• Like 1

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

YES!

Super Puma or CH-53 :thumbup:

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II

Hell yes, been dreaming about a DCS Puma from day one, although she isn't really a big helicopter. ;)

Chinook would be an instant buy as well. Would be interesting to see a guns a go go version, hint hint.

Basically, YES there's a huge Rotary family out there and we are desperately short of quality sim aircraft to fly. Luckily DCS is starting to change that.

Cowboy10uk

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

... (Chinook just looks like two palm trees riding a baseball bat).

He has it in his DNA :). His grand grand father was nick-named "banana" :)

hrp-1_hero_med_01_1280x436.jpg

But seriously, due to unique, 2-rotor design Chinook would most probably require additional physics modeling.

Other, conventional helicopters are probably less challenging to develop. Something that should be considered. Even with all of the positive feedback about interest in heavy lifters, transport helicopters are still not the main stream modules.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Yes, in favour. All of the possibilities sound interesting, especially the Puma, CH-46, Mi-26. Of course, though, for it to make much sense some major expansion on the transport systems of DCS would have to be pressed; I'm sure ED would listen and it seems realistic given how long it takes to develop a module.

Different kinds of cargos to sling, some more on-the-fly functionality on mounting and dismounting troops... it would be an idea to allow the pilot to set simple tasks for inserted troops, a little CA-style. This would make the helicopters a little combat-viable in any case, too.

Carrier/Navy version of any helo and I'm on board. With all the new Naval planes and carriers seems like a natural follow on....

^ This is what I want.

P.S So for the thread is in positive direction.

• Like 1

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

I'm voting for the Puma or something like the Blackhawk because there is a lot of weapon and armed configuration available like the Cassiopée a configuration that can oppose the Mi-8!

I7 6850K @4.6 // 32GB @3200mhz @C16-16-16-36-431 // H150I PRO+ NH-F12 PWM 3000 // MSI X99A TOMAHAWK // MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 // MyDigitalSSD BPX PRO NVME 512 //+SSDs // screen: AOC G2460PG G-sync