Big Helicopters

Prowler111

Big Helicopters  

548 members have voted

1. 1. Big Helicopters

• Yes
    • No

a few weeks ago i had to pack away all my stuff for flightsimming (throttle, joystick, trackir etc.) beacuse my wife didn't like it and said i spent to much time on my computer....

if there comes a ch-53 for dcs i will pack her away 100 % sure

:thumbup::megalol:

Are we married to the same woman????????

I know we feel the same about Rotary Aviation.......:lol:

I'd love to see big helicopters in dcs, there is a massive gap in the sim that they could fill in my opinion. CH-53, chinook or UH 60 would be my favourite but I'd buy any to be honest!

INTEL i9 9900k @ 5Ghz, Asus Z390 strix ROG, 32gb 3200mhz Ram, Nvidia GTX 1080Ti, Corsair RM850i, Corsair H110i,, HP REVERB, Win 10 64bit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As much I would love to see the CH-53 or UH-60, EC725/H225M (but not so much CH-47 or any other successor of Piasecki's flying banana) the question is what would be their application in DCS.

Today missions are designed in away that Mi-8 capability to lift higher weights and take more soldiers on board does not matter compared to Huey. To justify the heavy lifters, first there should be a content and backbone in DCS that would allow to benefit from their increased size and provide applications which would bring more tasks than only flying the module.

As much as I am enjoying the CTLD script I do agree that realistic cargo weight and the balance of the cargo should be a factor. Right now we have Huey's flying around fully armed and carrying a reinforced M-1 tank platoon inside it plus a simulated sling load TOW HMMWV... of which it could pick up none of in real life. ED is not there yet, that is true, but if we say no to an aircraft module simply because all of the functionality of cargo lifting is not yet included we are doing ourselves a disservice. If cargo helicopters or planes are not in the game there is no need to improve those aspects of the game. I'm thinking of it as the more cargo/transport aircraft we have the greater chance that there will be greater focus to include that kind of content.

My thoughts on implementing internal cargo would be similar to how the weapons loadouts for the combat aircraft are handled. Simply have a cargo menu with a layout of the aircrafts cargo bay and have the space taken up by selectable loads with realistic weight added exactly as it is selected and placed in the aircraft just like how weapons are chosen now. For sling loading I just wish ED would fix what they have already done... I miss MP sling loading.

• Like 1

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

If you build it they will come.

I know lots of people who would love to fly any chopper and if it was a heavy lift bird that would be even sweeter. Jolly Green Giant would fit in well with the 229th although any variant of the CH-53 would be superb :)

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How nice it would be if we pick and drop cargo, infantry personals from a living carrier to other war ships and to land areas. A visual ladder that is drop to help sinking ship.

P.S Any behemoth hello is most well come.

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

I would be favor more mutli role Helicopter, like Ka-27 and UH-60 to use at later Point as Troop or Cargo Transport.

And they could adoped as Submarine hunter for me instressting aspect for DCS, after sales now for Helicopters still moderate compared to Jet's i see personaly not any Future for heavy Lifters. So vote for "no"

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

I'm not a combat oriented pilot, so, my answer is "yes, yes, yes", but, as people very well said here, we will need some changes and additions to make these beasts useful in the field.

Edited by Akuma

I apologize in advance for any grammatical error or misuse of words, unfortunately my english is not good, but I've been working to improve it. Thank you all.

To all that think a heavy lifter is useless in DCS... you don't imagine the possibilities:

KA3KFky.jpg

You just keep your engines spooled for when the sh... hits the fan(s)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I'm in the minority it seems, but I would steer away from heavy lift choppers for now. There really isn't a whole lot for them to do and they don't fit into any of the multiplayer scenarios we have. I'd rather see efforts be directed towards combat aircraft and wait until ED starts to support the sorts of things that heavy lift choppers do by having a working dynamic campaign and drastically improved ground interaction.

I would buy it if:

(a) it was the Mi-6 OR

(b) it could do something very exciting that my Mi-8 can't do... and I don't consider hauling 10+ tons rather than 3+ tons terribly exciting.

Since neither seems to be the case, I'll vote no.

I consider these projects very risky, since there is little to no combat performed by these aircraft, they are basically heavy lifters

Prowler

PS : I forgot to mention the phrog!

Seeing as DCS is obviously moving away from being a "Pure" combat sim, I believe this sentiment is unfounded. I mean seriously, when DCS: Huey was announced I checked the calendar to see if it was April 1st. Now, I find myself hoping in a Huey when I just wanna "Fly" around for a bit.

There are PLENTY of uses in DCS for the Chinook and CH-53. The Chinook is the CURRENT prime Heavy lift helicopter for both the Army and Navy / Marines. capable of moving significant amounts of personnel and cargo in tactical environment. Its Military missions are exactly the same as the Mi-8 and their civilian uses for fire fighting and construction are numerous...so if one can exist, the other can exist just as easily.

The MH/CH-53 was used by all three services prior to its retirement particularly during the Vietnam war. Combat Search and Rescue relied heavily on the "Jolly Green Giants" and judging from the number of Medal of Honor recipients from the Search and Rescue community, I'd say they have seen plenty of combat. Combined these facts with with Special Ops Pave Low missions of the 80s and 90s and I'd say there is plenty of justification for BOTH the Jolly Green and Chinook in DCS.

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

agree

As soon as you are done with either an Apache or a Cobra with a co-op pit you can do whatever you want but not until either one of those are done! ;)

+1

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Let's see...

- Heavy Lifting: Check

- Really fast rotary wing: Check

- Troop Transport: Check

- Helicopter AAR: Hopefully (that would be an outstanding feature IMO)

- CSAR type missions: Check

- Spec Ops missions: Hopefully (NVGs, FLIR)

I don't think it gets much more multi role than that. Yeah, count me in!

I voted yes because I like big chopper targets. :gun_sniper:

But I would probably never fly one.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

I have all the choppers (ka-50 is my favorite module by a huge margin) and plan to buy the two in development, but I'm going to pass on a pure cargo chopper. They are about as interesting as a C-5, which is something you'd have to pay me to bother with. I'm not interested in any module that has zero combat ability. Voted no even as a chopper fan. Stick with the harrier, that I'll buy in a heartbeat. I'm on the fence with the mirage III and the AT-27 is a no buy because I already have the L-39 which is basically the same thing.

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.

I may the one guy in the field on this but I would not mind having even simplified chopper as an option. Something like a planes in Flaming Cliff. Just have basic power on/off engine on/off exc. For as long as it has full customization options in therms of cargo/equipment it can have on it. And if it is popular make a separate module with fully clickable cockpit.

I bit off topic:

I am a casual flyer in DCS and I have most of the modules but still my favorite plane I used the most hours is still SU-25T that is free in DCS. It is complicated to use not because of its cockpit but because of how you have to use it in CAS. Getting in the danger zone on most of the attacks and so on.

I would like to see SU-25TM or other modernized variant with clickable cockpit.

I'd go for a SH-60 for SAR but I don't know if I'd buy the others. Maybe the Super Stallion.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet